British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

Scott Nicholls has had a fantastic career but it is now in its twilight and he’s a rider on the way down despite all the other qualities he possesses. 

Unfortunately for whatever reason Scott Nicholls is one of those British riders who never fulfilled their potential

53 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Scott Nicholls has had a fantastic career but it is now in its twilight and he’s a rider on the way down despite all the other qualities he possesses. 

Scotty may be in the twilight of his career, but could  still be a valuable asset to any club.  He probably wont put his life on the line anymore,  (who could blame him) but he's still capable of winning important races.   His experience and knowledge in the pits could be massive to his fellow riders,  and his interpersonal skills with the fans should not be forgotten.  

He may not be a No 1 anymore but make no mistake,   he can still be a decent heat leader....     

We seem to be desperately short in that department......

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Scotty may be in the twilight of his career, but could  still be a valuable asset to any club.  He probably wont put his life on the line anymore,  (who could blame him) but he's still capable of winning important races.   His experience and knowledge in the pits could be massive to his fellow riders,  and his interpersonal skills with the fans should not be forgotten.  

He may not be a No 1 anymore but make no mistake,   he can still be a decent heat leader....     

We seem to be desperately short in that department......

He is certainly better than anyone yet named as a Star's team member this year - other than Robert Lambert.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Unfortunately for whatever reason Scott Nicholls is one of those British riders who never fulfilled their potential

I disagree I think he fulfilled his potential.

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I disagree I think he fulfilled his potential.

Each to his own

8 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

If anything doing it this way gives the club less exposure and it also makes the club look like a micky mouse outfit.My friend asked me last week why doesen't Chapman say more and  try and sell the sport not easy i know but speedway hardly gets a mention anywhere now.All i know is if the great John Berry had been a frontman of our sport the message of how good the sport can be would of been heard and loudly.

I agree Chapman is totally useless and has been a disaster for KL and British Speedway. He has presided over the terminal decline of speedway over recent years, to a point that speedway is effectively bust....he is clearly incapable of doing anything to promote or improve the fortunes of the sport. He should get out of the BSPA and KL and let someone with more intelligence and drive run the show, which wouldn’t be hard to find. Oh and someone who can sell a few rusting engines...!!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

Never fulfilled his potential?!?

British Champion, GP Rider, GB International, top division rider in Poland and Sweden. Apart from being World Champion (which only 1 person can be each season) I'd say Scott has had a top class career. Way better than most other Brits in this modern era from the turn of the century. 

Most definitely NOT one of those Brits to not reach maximum potential. He's had a career many Brits today would wish they could replicate. 

As I say  each to his own.

On 2/6/2019 at 6:37 PM, Clive Ward said:

Fourth rider to be announced on Friday. 

..and a new sponsor - according to Speedway Star!!

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

..and a new sponsor - according to Speedway Star!!

Does seem sad that I find out this news (assuming its true) via this Forum, and not on the Official Kings Lynn website. Nothing like keeping it from the fans is there, to heighten the suspense.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

So it’s the Poultec Stars 

And MPT is back .

welcome back Tofty and Ed (Poultec)

4 hours ago, stevehone said:

welcome back Tofty and Ed (Poultec)

Opportunity missed  yet again (if correct ) thought this delaying to announce the team was to max out media exposure but when you find out via a forum it says it all :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We've heard for weeks that Lynn are dragging out the release of the team to maximise media exposure. What happens they announce a team member on the same day as they announce a new team sponsor.

Can anyone explain how this maximises media exposure :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 6
  • Haha 2