British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

2 hours ago, Haza said:

Opportunity missed  yet again (if correct ) thought this delaying to announce the team was to max out media exposure but when you find out via a forum it says it all :rofl:

It appears, all us posters on ere' get more exposure than the Speedway Club we support.   :party:

Another shambolic exercise in exposing another rider, one we all believed was rubber stamped from the start...         Last year he was our 'Ace up the sleeve'  as reserve rider,    Looking at the squad assembled, he will probably a heat leader  this year...….. :t:

5 minutes ago, g13webb said:

It appears, all us posters on ere' get more exposure than the Speedway Club we support.   :party:

Another shambolic exercise in exposing another rider, one we all believed was rubber stamped from the start...         Last year he was our 'Ace up the sleeve'  as reserve rider,    Looking at the squad assembled, he will probably a heat leader  this year...….. :t:

He will be reserve again 

28 minutes ago, therefused said:

He will be reserve again 

Does that mean Kerr will be in the top 5 ?? a big ask after his serious injuries even with Palm Toft at reserve compared to other teams it does not look strong.

52 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Does that mean Kerr will be in the top 5 ?? a big ask after his serious injuries even with Palm Toft at reserve compared to other teams it does not look strong.

Kerr and Toft both have exactly the same 5.36 average.

We'll have to wait and see who'll be reserve.

Thinking about it though, it would be best if Toft was reserve. If Kerr struggles early on, at least Toft would be able to cover his rides as a reserve. If Kerr is reserve then only Andersen can cover which is a big ask.

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

Kerr and Toft both have exactly the same 5.36 average.

We'll have to wait and see who'll be reserve.

Thinking about it though, it would be best if Toft was reserve. If Kerr struggles early on, at least Toft would be able to cover his rides as a reserve. If Kerr is reserve then only Andersen can cover which is a big ask.

Do you believe Andersen is the weakest reserve in the league? or do you think those promising Sheffield performances may have brought him on.

Welcome back MPT and welcome aboard Poultec.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Do you believe Andersen is the weakest reserve in the league? or do you think those promising Sheffield performances may have brought him on.

I think we will see a different Kasper this year but it’s all about performances and points. Sounds obvious but if he can start getting out of the gate consistently he can be one of the best number sevens but if he not he could struggle again, nothing is guaranteed. I think riding in the Championship will help him though.  

2 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

He averaged 2.55 for use so must go down initially as one of the worst. Can only go by what we already know. 

Can't take much from his Sheffield performances 

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think we will see a different Kasper this year but it’s all about performances and points. Sounds obvious but if he can start getting out of the gate consistently he can be one of the best number sevens but if he not he could struggle again, nothing is guaranteed. I think riding in the Championship will help him though.  

With the make up of your team i really thought it was imperative that you had strong reserves all year.Would Palm Toft,Auty, Kerr reversing places all year make you stronger than having Kasper.?

8 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

With the make up of your team i really thought it was imperative that you had strong reserves all year.Would Palm Toft,Auty, Kerr reversing places all year make you stronger than having Kasper.?

Definitely not stronger. It would mean losing half a point from either Jorgensen, Proctor or Riss. Weakening the already weak top 4 except Lambert.

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

Definitely not stronger. It would mean losing half a point from either Jorgensen, Proctor or Riss. Weakening the already weak top 4 except Lambert.

Is that where Proctor's average restricts what you can do? do Kerr, Auty get lowered  on there average because they were once conference riders.?

48 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Is that where Proctor's average restricts what you can do? do Kerr, Auty get lowered  on there average because they were once conference riders.?

5.36 for Kerr is including the reduction. Otherwise he'd be 5.50.

Auty is 4.60 with reduction. 

6 hours ago, Haza said:

Opportunity missed  yet again (if correct ) thought this delaying to announce the team was to max out media exposure but when you find out via a forum it says it all :rofl:

How do you think non-KL fans find out this news???   Try checking social media, local news sites and websites - and sometimes even the Speedy Star?! ;)

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

On 2/7/2019 at 11:17 AM, SPEEDY69 said:

Couldn't disagree more I'm afraid.  I always read more into a rider than an average or age because there are so many factors to that.  If a team wants 100% commitment and a rider who engages with the public, is visible to armchair fans and is able to properly race & pass people then Scott fits those criteria.  Maybe it is financial but I struggle to see others like Harris for example riding for less money than Scott.  I agree with you that I expect he'll get fixed up somewhere during the season.

I do think he’ll pop up somewhere during the season when injuries inevitably hit, but I’m honestly not surprised in the slightest that nobody has gone with him from the off. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

How do you think non-KL fans find out this news???   Try checking social media, local news sites and websites - and sometimes even the Speedy Star?! ;)

Doesn't explain why they did two "big" announcements in one day:P

• Like 2