British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

If you trawl back through the thread the three riders have been mentioned enough times.

11 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Yes please, IF you do know them all for certain, why not let us all know?  Or does Buster have a gagging clause on some of his supporters?

Riss Kerr and Jorgensen are the 3 yet to be named Along with Lambert Andersen Palm Toft and Proctor. 

That was my guess after I gave up on the possibility of NKI returning. Thank you for confirming it. If the PL is a little weaker ( yet again ) the Stars may hold it's own but it's weaker unless they all can keep up their averages.

8 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

We now have been told that we have seven super fit riders, following their training camp and that they will be having on track opportunities before the April 8th opener. But we do not know who they are. A terrific publicity machine in action. Our enthusiasm will know no bounds when finally they are all revealed! 

The only ones who seem worried about the naming of riders are the doom mongers on here.The rest don't seem too worried about it all.We know there will be 7 riders come April that's all that matters really imo.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Bored of the argument about revealing names (we know who the other three are anyway) but really good to hear that the fitness programme has been improved and that the riders are all hitting targets.... I’ve no doubt whatsoever that this contributed significantly to us punching so far above our predicted weight last season and hopefully it will again. 

Not necessarily true though is it. We can't compare last to this season due to different rider's. 

Even with all the pre-season training in 2018 we were a dire team until Riss, Palm-Toft and S.Lambert came in and only then did thing's change. These 3 didn't have access to pre-season yet improved on those that did. Not a good advert.

Yet again, the predicted line-up looks awful compared to other sides. If this team stays together and finishes top 4 they've had a great season. If we have to go down the route of 2+ changes again in 2019, what exactly is the point of this training programme?? It's money wasted imo as it's not benefiting the club at all when half the pre-season trained rider's don't complete the year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

That was my guess after I gave up on the possibility of NKI returning. Thank you for confirming it. If the PL is a little weaker ( yet again ) the Stars may hold it's own but it's weaker unless they all can keep up their averages.

Just to add I’m confirming nothing, it’s just the team that is rumoured that’s all . 

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Not necessarily true though is it. We can't compare last to this season due to different rider's. 

Even with all the pre-season training in 2018 we were a dire team until Riss, Palm-Toft and S.Lambert came in and only then did thing's change. These 3 didn't have access to pre-season yet improved on those that did. Not a good advert.

Yet again, the predicted line-up looks awful compared to other sides. If this team stays together and finishes top 4 they've had a great season. If we have to go down the route of 2+ changes again in 2019, what exactly is the point of this training programme?? It's money wasted imo as it's not benefiting the club at all when half the pre-season trained rider's don't complete the year.

I agree with all you say and  the predicted team looks very weak to me also 

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

The only ones who seem worried about the naming of riders are the doom mongers on here.The rest don't seem too worried about it all.We know there will be 7 riders come April that's all that matters really imo.

Well first,  let me say,  I must be a Doom Monger'  because unlike you I am concerned who the riders are.   I have witnessed many poor teams, in my life of supporting the Stars,  and quite frankly, if the promotions doesn't think it necessary to inform the fans of that team then why should we  bother to attend.

I admire your nonchalant approach of not giving a hoot who the riders are,  or how good they might be.   You and the rest  who are not bothered, merely illustrates how unimportant the whole sport has become....      I wonder if your attitude would change when the team is being beaten every week, languishing at the foot of the table getting hammered each meeting.   I wonder then if the names of the riders will be important, after all  you say, as long as there are 7 riders that's all that matters.... 

Once upon a time, winning the match wasn't important,  there were many things going on that made a speedway match an enjoyable night out.    But that has changed, all that is left now is the excitement of seeing 4 men racing on bikes with no brakes .     but the novelty of that eventually wears off when the racing become processional and predetermined...  

Its little wonder the fans stay away now.      If the truth be known, of all the sports, Speedway must more supporters who don't go any more, compared to the ones that do,   and that should speak volumes   

So yes  I am bothered who the riders are......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Well first,  let me say,  I must be a Doom Monger'  because unlike you I am concerned who the riders are.   I have witnessed many poor teams, in my life of supporting the Stars,  and quite frankly, if the promotions doesn't think it necessary to inform the fans of that team then why should we  bother to attend.

I admire your nonchalant approach of not giving a hoot who the riders are,  or how good they might be.   You and the rest  who are not bothered, merely illustrates how unimportant the whole sport has become....      I wonder if your attitude would change when the team is being beaten every week, languishing at the foot of the table getting hammered each meeting.   I wonder then if the names of the riders will be important, after all  you say, as long as there are 7 riders that's all that matters.... 

Once upon a time, winning the match wasn't important,  there were many things going on that made a speedway match an enjoyable night out.    But that has changed, all that is left now is the excitement of seeing 4 men racing on bikes with no brakes .     but the novelty of that eventually wears off when the racing become processional and predetermined...  

Its little wonder the fans stay away now.      If the truth be known, of all the sports, Speedway must more supporters who don't go any more, compared to the ones that do,   and that should speak volumes   

So yes  I am bothered who the riders are......

Think you took that the wrong way. I am not bothered about when they name the riders. We know they will be named before the start of the season. I never once said I don't give a hoot who the riders are. I want a competitive side like everyone else, think that stands to reason. So you really need to read my post a bit better:wink:

4 hours ago, Haza said:

I agree with all you say and  the predicted team looks very weak to me also 

It is weak. The 18 points we scored away 

last season have gone. Be lucky to get 3

Edited by Bald Bloke

The way you have to look aþ the King's Lynn team is, what will it be like if Lambert gets injured?!?

Guests are pretty much none existent with teams riding fixed race night's and certainly no rider on the continent will come in as a replacement, especially anyone as good anyway.

King's Lynn have put a team together that is totally reliant on one man.

This team without Lambert would struggle against a Championship side.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, g13webb said:

the excitement of seeing 4 men racing on bikes with no brakes .     but the novelty of that eventually wears off when the racing become processional and predetermined...  

That is now the dominant feeling I have when attending Stars matches. The excitement of close racing, the possibility of passing or even some passes ( after the first half lap ) is what  I crave and used to get. In the last two or three seasons that has been so eroded that if you get five minutes of pulse-raising excitement from an evening at Saddlebow Rd, you've done well. Not much of an enticement to go is it?

12 hours ago, tellboy said:

Think you took that the wrong way. I am not bothered about when they name the riders. We know they will be named before the start of the season. I never once said I don't give a hoot who the riders are. I want a competitive side like everyone else, think that stands to reason. So you really need to read my post a bit better:wink:

I think it is you who should read your post a bit better  :wink:...     You never mentioned anything about a competitive team,    all you said, apart from calling most of us 'Doom Mongers'  was  'We know there will be 7 riders come April that's all that matters really imo.' 

Thank goodness the vast majority of supporters do, it’s just a very few of the posters on here that quite frankly moan about everything that the club does that doesn’t. My worst fear is that I might find myself standing next to one of these people at a meeting, doesn’t bear thinking about.

• Like 7