British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

I think it is you who should read your post a bit better  :wink:...     You never mentioned anything about a competitive team,    all you said, apart from calling most of us 'Doom Mongers'  was  'We know there will be 7 riders come April that's all that matters really imo.' 

And i never mentioned about not giving a hoot who the riders are.I'm sure most will agree that 99% of us who attend want to see a competetive team,nobody wants to see their team fail do they?;).Only maybe Daniel Smith as he has quoted that before because of his dislike towards Buster.

And i didn't call most of you doom mongers.I said the only ones who seem worried about the naming of riders are the doom mongers on here.That's not most only the ones who apply:t:So you have really implied most are doom mongers:)

1 hour ago, Clive Ward said:

Thank goodness the vast majority of supporters do, it’s just a very few of the posters on here that quite frankly moan about everything that the club does that doesn’t. My worst fear is that I might find myself standing next to one of these people at a meeting, doesn’t bear thinking about.

Oh jeeeesus nooooooo lol

1 hour ago, Clive Ward said:

Thank goodness the vast majority of supporters do, it’s just a very few of the posters on here that quite frankly moan about everything that the club does that doesn’t. My worst fear is that I might find myself standing next to one of these people at a meeting, doesn’t bear thinking about.

Surely your worst fear is having nobody to stand next to... that in itself is becoming more of a challenge at meetings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No definitely not there’s plenty of people where I stand AND they all support the team 100%

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Clive Ward said:

No definitely not there’s plenty of people where I stand AND they all support the team 100%

Being critical of the management and 'supporting the team' are two completely different things.

Indeed, it could be strongly argued the absolute worst fans are those who stand around happy clapping instead of voicing their displeasure at the decline in fortunes of the club/sport they claim to love so much.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I still support the Stars and look for their results and want to gather up all the news that  I can about them. I am a member of the Supporters Club ( and will re-join for 2019 ) I attend some of the matches and cheer them on but I do not like the way the club has been run over the last five years. Especially since Buster became The Main Man at the BSPA . His interest in what the broad spectrum of Star's fans think seems to have withered away ( unless you see things only through Buster coloured glasses ). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

this thread is at the top of the page, you'll notice also that threads for most of the teams that are all announced are slipping down to the bottom because no-one is interested any more, they've had their say, but this one keeps going .....

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, stevehone said:

this thread is at the top of the page, you'll notice also that threads for most of the teams that are all announced are slipping down to the bottom because no-one is interested any more, they've had their say, but this one keeps going .....

Of course they are interested, the difference being they know their team line ups and are not as frustrated as the poor Lynn fans. They are being treated like mug punters in my book...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BluPanther said:

Of course they are interested, the difference being they know their team line ups and are not as frustrated as the poor Lynn fans. They are being treated like mug punters in my book...

Halleluiah !!!     at least other people can see the truth of what is going on....  not like those blinded by them Buster coloured shades....

I am in no doubt,  you will not find a speedway supporter from another club, who would agree with the way us Star fans are treated…..

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Halleluiah !!!     at least other people can see the truth of what is going on....  not like those blinded by them Buster coloured shades....

I am in no doubt,  you will not find a speedway supporter from another club, who would agree with the way us Star fans are treated…..

so glad he failed to get is mucky hands on our club when morton/gordon left manchester council seen right through him !! bent has dog's hind leg !!

• Like 2

If Lambert has no real back up at Lynn I do wonder how much emphasis he will have with regard to Lynn?  Robert comes across as a born winner.  He has plenty going on in other Countries and if Lynn are struggling at the wrong end of the table will he be as fired up as he would be if they are up there challenging.

It does seem there is an awful lot resting on one pair of shoulders.   Still the law of averages says Buster has to have at least one team making the play-offs

18 hours ago, stevehone said:

Sadly all for the wrong reasons though I guess even bad publicity is better than no publicity . 

2 hours ago, semion said:

If Lambert has no real back up at Lynn I do wonder how much emphasis he will have with regard to Lynn?  Robert comes across as a born winner.  He has plenty going on in other Countries and if Lynn are struggling at the wrong end of the table will he be as fired up as he would be if they are up there challenging.

It does seem there is an awful lot resting on one pair of shoulders.   Still the law of averages says Buster has to have at least one team making the play-offs

Lambert will be alright,he managed without NKI most of last season.Anyway they never really saw eye to eye did they.

5 hours ago, tellboy said:

Lambert will be alright,he managed without NKI most of last season.Anyway they never really saw eye to eye did they.

I admire your optimism,  but I feel a little bit more realistic.   Probably they didn't always see eye to eye, but they sure as hell respected each other.    As been  implied, because of injuries Niels wasn't firing  on all cylinders last year, but he was always an able partner in heats 13 and 15...   You'll be amazed on how many 5-1's we benefitted from that pairing  when the matches were coming to that crucial stage...  

Like the majority of posters, I believe the remaining riders are as expected..  ( Kerr, Riss and AJ)   but inside I hope we  have instead, a reliable 2nd heat leader,  one that is comparable to the other teams   Failing that,  we will have a one man team, and be totally reliant on Lambert.    

That cant be good  thinking ......

52 minutes ago, g13webb said:

I admire your optimism,  but I feel a little bit more realistic.   Probably they didn't always see eye to eye, but they sure as hell respected each other.    As been  implied, because of injuries Niels wasn't firing  on all cylinders last year, but he was always an able partner in heats 13 and 15...   You'll be amazed on how many 5-1's we benefitted from that pairing  when the matches were coming to that crucial stage...  

Like the majority of posters, I believe the remaining riders are as expected..  ( Kerr, Riss and AJ)   but inside I hope we  have instead, a reliable 2nd heat leader,  one that is comparable to the other teams   Failing that,  we will have a one man team, and be totally reliant on Lambert.    

That cant be good  thinking ......

I too would like to see a decent 2nd heatleader.I'm hoping Riss will make that step up.He seems professional and determined and is always upset when he don't score well.

I agree we did well in hts 13 and 15 but had NKI had done it in his easier rides we wouldn't have needed that.This is not knocking NKI but maybe he should have sat last season out regarding his injury.Many people lambasted Holder the season before for dropping his average the same.

I would like to see NKI back because of his low average,having said that you will have to then look at a lesser rider than one of the other 3 to whoever you replace.