British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

Having watched Niels in seven of the eight years,   I believe he has been more instrumental to everything Lynn have produced than anyone.   There are many reasons why I'd like to see Niels in the team,   his excellence,  his determination, his quality , his reliability,  the list goes on...   him having a low CMA would have been easier to fit him in than he would be normally....

With the exception of Lambert,  all the rest of the proposed team are young, willing and able,   but not any can be relied upon when the chips are down...  without that second accomplished heat leader we will struggle   …. 

• Like 1

On 2/16/2019 at 2:26 PM, BWitcher said:

Being critical of the management and 'supporting the team' are two completely different things.

Indeed, it could be strongly argued the absolute worst fans are those who stand around happy clapping instead of voicing their displeasure at the decline in fortunes of the club/sport they claim to love so much.

I’m all for a range of opinions as I think it’s the only way you can get a true picture of what’s going on, but unfortunately we seem to have a core of people on Lynn threads who moan about the same things day in, day out and don’t seem to recognise the good things when they happen. I’m not for a moment saying that some of the criticism isn’t justified because it absolutely is as Buster has alienated people and the promotion are far from perfect but I think the best opinions are the balanced ones rather than constantly moaning about the same stuff or as you say ‘happy clapping’. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle. 

• Like 1

As N.K.I is not in the line up of any other Premier League Team it must be that he has opted out this season  because I don't think Lynn wouldn't have not signed him otherwise.

We must use what was a TEAM during the last two or three months  and the fact that they will be all together again is good.

RISS will improve as he will be in from the start this time

KASPER was getting better until injury

M.P.T is a must as he really wants to be at LYNN

The same goes for JORGENSEN.

IF LEWIS can go as well as before his Injury

The team will do well and be in the top 4 without trouble.....  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I’m all for a range of opinions as I think it’s the only way you can get a true picture of what’s going on, but unfortunately we seem to have a core of people on Lynn threads who moan about the same things day in, day out and don’t seem to recognise the good things when they happen. I’m not for a moment saying that some of the criticism isn’t justified because it absolutely is as Buster has alienated people and the promotion are far from perfect but I think the best opinions are the balanced ones rather than constantly moaning about the same stuff or as you say ‘happy clapping’. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle. 

Yes,  very good point.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Always the voice of reason Bagpuss, thank you! 

On 2/17/2019 at 4:16 PM, g13webb said:

Like the majority of posters, I believe the remaining riders are as expected..  ( Kerr, Riss and AJ)  

who is AJ??

9 minutes ago, stevehone said:

who is AJ??

You know what he meant.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, stevehone said:

who is AJ??

Remember AJ,BJ,and Fishdog riding for the Bees a few years ago.I would take him in place of TJ though i think,although his best years are behind him. 

Dale Allitt stating in the SS this week that they have been 'teasing an exciting end to their team-building plans!!' ?

ps. In a separate story 'Ford salutes chairman Chapman'!   Poole's Matt Ford applauds Buster's investment in 3 Premiership clubs, insisting 'he knows how to make businesses work'!

"I take my hat off to Buster. Buster has invested in a business he believes will work. He's a sharp cookie. He knows how to make businesses work and he has done that at Kings Lynn".

...."Perhaps he senses we are on the verge of something better. He's no fool and I'm happy that he's playing the part he is."

Edited by Skidder1

21 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Dale Allitt stating in the SS this week that they have been 'teasing an exciting end to their team-building plans!!' ?

ps. In a separate story 'Ford salutes chairman Chapman'!   Poole's Matt Ford applauds Buster's investment in 3 Premiership clubs, insisting 'he knows how to make businesses work'!

"I take my hat off to Buster. Buster has invested in a business he believes will work. He's a sharp cookie. He knows how to make businesses work and he has done that at Kings Lynn".

...."Perhaps he senses we are on the verge of something better. He's no fool and I'm happy that he's playing the part he is."

Yes the fans must be so excited!! Or are now bored with no news and couldn't give a monkeys what the team line up is anymore.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Yes the fans must be so excited!! Or are now bored with no news and couldn't give a monkeys what the team line up is anymore.

Definitely not  the way to announce the team to keep fans interested.

Edited by Haza
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Next rider announcement tomorrow Friday morning!!

I can barely hold in my excitement :lol: Will it be Riss, Kerr or TJ next:blink:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I can barely hold in my excitement :lol: Will it be Riss, Kerr or TJ next:blink:

:rofl:

6 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

6 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

In a separate story 'Ford salutes chairman Chapman'!   Poole's Matt Ford applauds Buster's investment in 3 Premiership clubs, insisting 'he knows how to make businesses work'!

That reads a bit like tongue in cheek and a parting shot to me. Coming from an out going promoter who has regularly spoken out about the decreasing strength of the British top flight.

It may be sincere but the two have had regular parting shots at each other the last 3-4 seasons.