British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

Charging for the parking has pissed me off a bit.

I’m not one of the guys who moans often and I don’t value the oppinions of those who don’t go but moan daily as equal to those that attend regularly. So don’t get this post mixed up with those guys.

This is an attendance increase. The car park isn’t owned by a 3rd party so it’s a bit of a con really. I suggest nobody parks in the car parks until the charge is lifted. It’s only full when we have the big meetings. Charging a hidden charge like this will alienate current fans. If your going to make an increase then do it as the admittance. 

Its a bit of a slap in the face for the regular attendees. I’ve not read it myself yet though so if it’s a misunderstanding then all is ok. If it is real though then it’s pretty delusional. I can take the slow anouncemnts even though itsucks the fun out of it. I can take the poor entertainments meetings as it’s sport not entertainment. I can even take the ridiculous tractor grading to keep the track in great condition. but charging for the car park is a spit in the face really as it makes the poor value for money product that speedway is as even less value for money. 

Terible choice. It’s another straw on my camel back.

deflating

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He (Buster) probably got the idea from Peterborough where its been a £1 charge for years to park your car which I don’t mind when it’s on the proper Car Park complete with tarmac, gravel spaces and lights but feel it’s a liberty charging when we are parked in the grass fields which often happened last season.   Havnt been to Saddlebow Road for years so has the muddy pot-holed car park been levelled and tarmaced?   If so £1 would seem fair to me but not otherwise - the state of my car the last time I went some years ago is the reason I havnt been back since. 

Not entirely surprised that car parking price has been introduced eventually, expected it years ago to be honest. Doesn’t make it any more palatable though. 

The car parks are better than they have been but I believe the one behind the back straight will never be done with tarmac or concrete as it belongs to the council and not the stadium. When it’s muddy and full of puddles after bad weather its not really good enough for a sports venue which asks for eighteen quid to get in. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KLFAN said:

So far the team is as follows

R. Lambert

T. Proctor

K. Anderson

M. Palm Toft

L. Kerr

That leaves 2 places remaining which will be T. Jorgensen and E. Riss

Thank you

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Not entirely surprised that car parking price has been introduced eventually, expected it years ago to be honest. Doesn’t make it any more palatable though. 

The car parks are better than they have been but I believe the one behind the back straight will never be done with tarmac or concrete as it belongs to the council and not the stadium. When it’s muddy and full of puddles after bad weather its not really good enough for a sports venue which asks for eighteen quid to get in. 

£20 now of you want to park your car and sit in the (not so) grandstand.

pop up stand that's all it is no roof at all to classed as a grandstand is a joke NSS is a proper grandstand with proper facility's 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

pop up stand that's all it is no roof at all to classed as a grandstand is a joke NSS is a proper grandstand with proper facility's 

It's near on £25 to sit at Belle Vue isn't it?

Think yourselves lucky to only have to pay £1 to park on site. At some its been £2.50 for a while - none of which goes to the speedway club!!

1 hour ago, John Scrutton said:

Is Buster the longest  going promoter in Speedway the only other one that comes to mind is at Wolverhampton     All the others Are changing more than you change your underwear  ?? 

I probably wouldn't make that statement in earshot of Len Silver...

Looking at social media and reading the comments (and there isn’t many ) this drip feeding of announcements on the team to maximise interest in the media  is having a near 100%  negative affect . If social media is anything to go by fans are definitely losing interest 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Star Lady said:

Just in case anyone missed this in the small print of the press release 

Car Parking:
Field - Free Parking
Main car parks - £1.00

Just looked around all the online press releases and can't find it mentioned??

42 minutes ago, maneacat said:

He (Buster) probably got the idea from Peterborough where its been a £1 charge for years to park your car which I don’t mind when it’s on the proper Car Park complete with tarmac, gravel spaces and lights but feel it’s a liberty charging when we are parked in the grass fields which often happened last season.   Havnt been to Saddlebow Road for years so has the muddy pot-holed car park been levelled and tarmaced?   If so £1 would seem fair to me but not otherwise - the state of my car the last time I went some years ago is the reason I havnt been back since. 

Not forgetting that the charge (under Colin Horton, say no more squire) was originally sold as the club's contribution to the SRBF. That was soon forgotten as it was merged into running costs with the usual shambolic stadium collection

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

This situation sums up British speedway at the moment, in the three years  in which  Chapman was  appointed how many statements has he made about his vision for the sport.?

In stits and farts or more in the mode of a blind man letting the guide dog do his talking. In trying to make two steps forward he has taken five back. And as for knowing how to make his businesses work - we have no idea of knowing how KLS has been successful as the accounts are not visible. It will be the same at his new clubs, Ipswich and Peterborough. Buster's great skill seems to be in persuading well-heeled sponsors to believe in his "vision". Not in building up the average attendance or attracting the missing new generation of supporters. Which is vital if UK speedway as a whole is to prosper or even survive.

• Like 1

Can't see what all the fuss is over about paying a pound to park. It's not the end of the world.