British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

1 hour ago, Danny Connor said:

Charging for the parking has pissed me off a bit.

I’m not one of the guys who moans often and I don’t value the oppinions of those who don’t go but moan daily as equal to those that attend regularly. So don’t get this post mixed up with those guys.

This is an attendance increase. The car park isn’t owned by a 3rd party so it’s a bit of a con really. I suggest nobody parks in the car parks until the charge is lifted. It’s only full when we have the big meetings. Charging a hidden charge like this will alienate current fans. If your going to make an increase then do it as the admittance. 

Its a bit of a slap in the face for the regular attendees. I’ve not read it myself yet though so if it’s a misunderstanding then all is ok. If it is real though then it’s pretty delusional. I can take the slow anouncemnts even though itsucks the fun out of it. I can take the poor entertainments meetings as it’s sport not entertainment. I can even take the ridiculous tractor grading to keep the track in great condition. but charging for the car park is a spit in the face really as it makes the poor value for money product that speedway is as even less value for money. 

Terible choice. It’s another straw on my camel back.

deflating

If you feel that strongly, organise a protest. Get everyone to enter the car park offering a £20 note for the parking fee. I guess the ensuing chaos might be the only think the promotion will take notice of:P

Personally I think it will be chaotic at the first meeting anyway as this has not been well advertised (making no comment :P) so many won't have change ready to hand and queues will build. 

27 minutes ago, therefused said:

Far kin hell.

£1 to park, £18 to get in, £3 for a programme, £1 to sit down.

£23 for the tripe served up a King's Lynn, what a bargain :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Think yourselves lucky to only have to pay £1 to park on site. At some its been £2.50 for a while - none of which goes to the speedway club!!

Yes but you don't have to park there do you. I always park on the industrial estate at Kings Lynn which is free. You don't have to park in Poole stadium car park either you can park in a side road.

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

Far kin hell.

£1 to park, £18 to get in, £3 for a programme, £1 to sit down.

£23 for the tripe served up a King's Lynn, what a bargain :rolleyes:

Yes but you have Lewis Kerr he doesn't come cheap!

24 minutes ago, mrss said:

Can't see what all the fuss is over about paying a pound to park. It's not the end of the world.

I can’t either certainly won’t affect me :wink:

11 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Wonder why they announced Kerr before Riss or TJ.

K comes before R and T in the alphabet:D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Wonder why they announced Kerr before Riss or TJ.

I'm not into all these mind games.    Like you I'm surprised too, preferring to name  a lesser rider recovering from injury,     they probably wants the fans to think  Riss wont be joining the team   and then at the last moment say finally our last rider will be ……………

Never imagined the sport could extinguished the fires that burnt inside some die hard fans,   but Lynn promotions are sure doing an outstanding job.... :sad: 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Think yourselves lucky to only have to pay £1 to park on site. At some its been £2.50 for a while - none of which goes to the speedway club!!

£3 at Belle Vue

26 minutes ago, g13webb said:

I'm not into all these mind games.    Like you I'm surprised too, preferring to name  a lesser rider recovering from injury,     they probably wants the fans to think  Riss wont be joining the team   and then at the last moment say finally our last rider will be ……………

Never imagined the sport could extinguished the fires that burnt inside some die hard fans,   but Lynn promotions are sure doing an outstanding job.... 

Seems to me it’s because they don’t know what they are doing. They may think they are being tantalising and clever but the strange way the KL promotion is going they will kill off any bit interest there might be in KL or speedway.  ???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

It's near on £25 to sit at Belle Vue isn't it?

£21 plastic seats £24 padded seats but well worth it close to the action and quality racing nice inside concourse clean toilets walk upstairs to peter craven suite no comparison to anywhere else in england well worth it !! not sat in open air pop up stand at lynn very poor !!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

£3 at Belle Vue

we have far the biggest running costs than any other club !! but we get to watch proper speedway so its a small price to pay !! glad i only go to wolves twice a season lol 

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

we have far the biggest running costs than any other club !! but we get to watch proper speedway so its a small price to pay !! glad i only go to wolves twice a season lol 

Agreed Geoff, but my big worry is, with monster running cost and a very lacklustre BV management/promotion, it can not last loosing over £250k a season. Something has to give? 

Edited by Speedtiger
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Saving Iversen for last?  Don't know if I read too much into it but in the Tru Plant article for Ipswich, they mentioned they listed their help for 2019 as Jason Doyle and one other rider but didn't name them - someone for Lynn?

I think it's Ty Proctor

Edit.. Just checked and he was one of the riders mentioned. Dunno then :unsure:

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 hours ago, geoff58 said:

We'll see whose still running in a few years time then lol.