British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

1 hour ago, WalterPlinge said:

We've got to accept that half the crowd are loose?       Does this come with an English translation?

...my Friday evening G&T’s maybe a bit too strong..! 

47 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes that is a shame. i realise some less able will have to park in the car park maybe for those people like you they should get free parking.

Free parking for disabled and blue badge holders wouldn't go a amiss. Poole seem to take the pee a bit. Under 16's free at Lynn as well and people are still moaning at a pound parking for 2019:blink:

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Unfortunately I do have to park there as I'm not able to walk very far these days, hence I get there quite early in order to guarantee a space.:blink:

I might be wrong, but I thought you was a sponsor at Poole in some way ?

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Free parking for disabled and blue badge holders wouldn't go a amiss. Poole seem to take the pee a bit. Under 16's free at Lynn as well and people are still moaning at a pound parking for 2019:blink:

Yes but Kings Lynn own their stadium and its car park Poole do not so it isn't Poole speedway's decision.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes but Kings Lynn own their stadium and its car park Poole do not so it isn't Poole speedway's decision.

Got it. But the under 16 blows it out of the water ;)

11 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Far kin hell.

£1 to park, £18 to get in, £3 for a programme, £1 to sit down.

£23 for the tripe served up a King's Lynn, what a bargain :rolleyes:

They'll be charging you to go to the toilet next! What am I doing? I've just given him another idea!    :cry:

11 hours ago, Star Lady said:

If you feel that strongly, organise a protest. Get everyone to enter the car park offering a £20 note for the parking fee. I guess the ensuing chaos might be the only think the promotion will take notice of:P

Personally I think it will be chaotic at the first meeting anyway as this has not been well advertised (making no comment :P) so many won't have change ready to hand and queues will build. 

Or turn up with 100 penny coins  :blink:

• Like 2

It amazes me that what some have said the drip feeding of team news to maximise media exposure ( which I fail to see has done anything other than p##s fan off ) all that hard work from the promotion this drip feeding and all the talk on here is car park charges :t:rather than the return on Lewis Kerr they announced another rider yesterday people . Can only think this team must be the most uninspiring team ever to race for the club as the car park charge seems more  important :rofl:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20p for the use of the toilets is quite reasonable;e if KLS need to maximise their income streams. The problem is when people don't have the change and they will nip round the back of the building ( a very convenient space ) and the grandstand. It will smell as bad as the long-demolished 4th bend loos. But is that a small price to pay to see that speedway racing continues at Saddlebow Rd? Instead of a change machine that may lead to a build-up of cross-legged fans why not allow an ex-rider to sit at a table outside the toilets and take the money? 

19 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Not entirely surprised that car parking price has been introduced eventually, expected it years ago to be honest. Doesn’t make it any more palatable though. 

The car parks are better than they have been but I believe the one behind the back straight will never be done with tarmac or concrete as it belongs to the council and not the stadium. When it’s muddy and full of puddles after bad weather its not really good enough for a sports venue which asks for eighteen quid to get in. 

That has surprised me,   to my knowledge it was part and parcel of the Lynn premises,  so for it to now belong to the council,  I wonder when it was changed over ??.   If you look closely, it is fenced and locked at all times,  Buster uses it as a permanent  place to store his machinery, the extra equipment and also the surplus shale .   Since year dot it has always been the car park for the speedway...  On stockcar race days it is used as a paddock so it becomes a necessity to Busters operation.    I couldn't imagine  Buster would gamble that the land would always be available  for his plans without some form of guarantee,  so I have question the comment above.

To charge £1 for car parking is not out of place, and indeed some places charge far more....    But the difference  comes into play when you look at the precarious situation of fans attending on race days,   it is just another increase forced on them when the costs are already too high.  To me this is just an underhanded way of charging the fans more.   The fact that the land is of more benefit to the promotions than the fans I believe this is just another way of milking a situation.      If that land wasn't there it would near on kill the sport at Kings Lynn, so to be charged to use it,  to me is wrong.... 

• Like 1

Just park somewhere else. At Belle Vue there is ample free parking very close to the stadium so a parking charge is personal choice. 

Its a bit like complaining about the cost of a programme. 

Re car park charge. I recall 2 years ago ago Buster telling me that the Council wanted to raise rent on the back straight car park to £30k per year (believe that was the figure) he was arguing with them re the rise. I don’t know but perhaps he manage to persuade them not to raise the rent back then, but now they have insisted on it. Hence why he now needs to charge £1 to park there. If that is the case then you can’t actually blame him for making a parking charge. 

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

That has surprised me,   to my knowledge it was part and parcel of the Lynn premises,  so for it to now belong to the council,  I wonder when it was changed over ??.   If you look closely, it is fenced and locked at all times,  Buster uses it as a permanent  place to store his machinery, the extra equipment and also the surplus shale .   Since year dot it has always been the car park for the speedway...  On stockcar race days it is used as a paddock so it becomes a necessity to Busters operation.    I couldn't imagine  Buster would gamble that the land would always be available  for his plans without some form of guarantee,  so I have question the comment above.

To charge £1 for car parking is not out of place, and indeed some places charge far more....    But the difference  comes into play when you look at the precarious situation of fans attending on race days,   it is just another increase forced on them when the costs are already too high.  To me this is just an underhanded way of charging the fans more.   The fact that the land is of more benefit to the promotions than the fans I believe this is just another way of milking a situation.      If that land wasn't there it would near on kill the sport at Kings Lynn, so to be charged to use it,  to me is wrong.... 

The back straight carpark has never belonged to the stadium.

It's not just the raising costs Buster needs to complain about, that carpark was (and still is) earmarked for the town's park and ride system. I'm sure it'll now be a while before park and ride is back on the agenda with footfall in all town centres on a rapid decline.

11 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I might be wrong, but I thought you was a sponsor at Poole in some way ?

Not wrong - but not in quite such a big way as in the past. I still have my permanent seat in the sponsors area of the main stand.

I don't agree that disabled should get free parking anywhere as long as there is provision for 'disabled-only' parking. At Poole the carpark (and all the refreshment options) are run by and for the benefit of the stadium owners - Stadia UK. 

Poole Speedway get no income from these sources which is why sponsorship/advertising and paying customers through turnstiles is so important there.

6 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

The back straight carpark has never belonged to the stadium.

It's not just the raising costs Buster needs to complain about, that carpark was (and still is) earmarked for the town's park and ride system. I'm sure it'll now be a while before park and ride is back on the agenda with footfall in all town centres on a rapid decline.

If park and ride did come in what will Buster do about the stock cars as thats the pits on race days