British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

6 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

If park and ride did come in what will Buster do about the stock cars as thats the pits on race days 

I'm not sure but I believe it's one of the reasons Buster purchased the field across the stadium. Stock pits will go on the main carpark and the field will be for spectators. 

Not sure that will be a problem currently though right now in this current economic climate. 

20 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

The back straight carpark has never belonged to the stadium.

It's not just the raising costs Buster needs to complain about, that carpark was (and still is) earmarked for the town's park and ride system. I'm sure it'll now be a while before park and ride is back on the agenda with footfall in all town centres on a rapid decline.

Appreciate the information.....  I stand corrected.      50 odd years it has been the speedway car park.    Never realised that it was anything else  but. :shock:

23 hours ago, ouch said:

Just park somewhere else. At Belle Vue there is ample free parking very close to the stadium so a parking charge is personal choice. 

Its a bit like complaining about the cost of a programme. 

And your car is still there after the meeting!!! 

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

And your car is still there after the meeting!!! 

yep no different to anywhere else when parking on a street !!

I dont see the problem as long as they work on the car park well mainly the back one.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2019 at 8:40 AM, DWP said:

Re car park charge. I recall 2 years ago ago Buster telling me that the Council wanted to raise rent on the back straight car park to £30k per year (believe that was the figure) he was arguing with them re the rise. I don’t know but perhaps he manage to persuade them not to raise the rent back then, but now they have insisted on it. Hence why he now needs to charge £1 to park there. If that is the case then you can’t actually blame him for making a parking charge. 

Ok if that is the case this is then a perfect example of why he needs better communication between himself (and the Club) and it’s fans.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, maneacat said:

Ok if that is the case this is then a perfect example of why he needs better communication between himself (and the Club) and it’s fans.  

Buster Chapman and communication  , you've got to be having a laugh.

On 2/23/2019 at 7:39 AM, waytogo28 said:

20p for the use of the toilets is quite reasonable;e if KLS need to maximise their income streams. The problem is when people don't have the change and they will nip round the back of the building ( a very convenient space ) and the grandstand. It will smell as bad as the long-demolished 4th bend loos. But is that a small price to pay to see that speedway racing continues at Saddlebow Rd? Instead of a change machine that may lead to a build-up of cross-legged fans why not allow an ex-rider to sit at a table outside the toilets and take the money? 

Or perhaps the supporters could be encouraged to donate a lump sum!  :rofl:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Starboy118 said:

Or perhaps the supporters could be encouraged to donate a lump sum!  :rofl:

Hope your not suggesting...…..  

Image result for lump of crap

On 2/23/2019 at 7:39 AM, waytogo28 said:

20p for the use of the toilets is quite reasonable;e if KLS need to maximise their income streams. The problem is when people don't have the change and they will nip round the back of the building ( a very convenient space ) and the grandstand. It will smell as bad as the long-demolished 4th bend loos. But is that a small price to pay to see that speedway racing continues at Saddlebow Rd? Instead of a change machine that may lead to a build-up of cross-legged fans why not allow an ex-rider to sit at a table outside the toilets and take the money? 

Bit like C.Holder whilst riding for Poole,he just nipped between the gaps between the home and away pits:nono:.Lazy git-_-

13 hours ago, tellboy said:

Bit like C.Holder whilst riding for Poole,he just nipped between the gaps between the home and away pits:nono:.Lazy git-_-

You can't say that.. It's Chris Holder you know. Unless it was 2012 :P

Edited by Bald Bloke

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Some streets are safer than others! 

goes for all the country :unsure:

48 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Insure your car then;)

Of course I unsure my car it would be illegal not to but I still want to find it in one piece when I return to it!

• Thanks 1