British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

9 minutes ago, mrss said:

Swindon had a farewell meeting 2 years ago at their stadium and pocketed the money from it. They are still at the same stadium ,so that's a lot worse than Kings Lynn not naming their  team  all at once. 

The stadium issue as you know is well out of Swindon speedway's management hands.We all believed the stadium would happen but i am just pleased the club is still operating.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KLFAN said:

I wish I had put a bet on this!!

Why? I think the odds were about 33 to 1 on       ;)  :rofl:

12 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Was that side worth waiting for.?

Only time will tell,but many did say the same last year and we managed to have a good season.Don't mind being the underdogs again:D

Yes although we didn’t wait for it, it was known about three months ago. 

42 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Only time will tell,but many did say the same last year and we managed to have a good season.Don't mind being the underdogs again:D

No Niels though who would of been fitter and would of made a great spearhead with Robert.

14 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Yes although we didn’t wait for it, it was known about three months ago. 

To be honest that even makes it more laughable.

4 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

To be honest that even makes it more laughable.

Have said all along sid that the spreading out of announcements is for the benefit of people who switch off from speedway in the winter months and not the likes of us who use this forum. I don’t think it had been done particularly well but can understand the theory. They could have done so much more with better planning.

People who eat, drink and sleep Lynn speedway knew the team before Xmas. 

1 hour ago, mrss said:

Swindon had a farewell meeting 2 years ago at their stadium and pocketed the money from it. They are still at the same stadium ,so that's a lot worse than Kings Lynn not naming their  team  all at once. 

We have always known that a KL team of some kind would race in the PL in 2019. There is no guarantee - yet - that Swindon will be doing the same, despite naming a team long ago. Any team needs a stadium and a track to race on. No-one knows if that is the case for the Robins yet. Is it really going to be the same old tired track in the same old worn out stadium?

Edited by waytogo28
correction

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Have said all along sid that the spreading out of announcements is for the benefit of people who switch off from speedway in the winter months and not the likes of us who use this forum. I don’t think it had been done particularly well but can understand the theory. They could have done so much more with better planning.

People who eat, drink and sleep Lynn speedway knew the team before Xmas. 

It is very strange Bagpuss, it is like opening a new restaurant but not telling anyone the menu.!!! I thought maybe they could of been frightened of announcing that Puk  was not doing this season.A real shame as that top two is a very potent one and i feel Puk would of been on it this year..

• Like 1

Wooden spoon winners sorted for this year as they look way weaker than anyone else 

14 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Perhaps I dreamt that he had picked up a hand injury then....

16 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Isnt he injured at the moment

Pulled out of the Ben fund

Could be a late twist???

If you had said he had a hand injury, if you knew, rather than "Isn't he injured at the moment" which sounds like a question to me, I wouldn't of posted the reply below :t:

14 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

He was due back to the UK from New Zealand on the 24th  to get ready for this season. He rode 2 meetings there and said he enjoyed them. No mention of injuries though.

Maybe his bikes ain't ready ?

21 minutes ago, INCOGNITO said:

Wooden spoon winners sorted for this year as they look way weaker than anyone else 

I don’t think Lynn are ‘way weaker’ than anybody but humouring you for a minute do you really think they look weaker than Ipswich? 

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

It is very strange Bagpuss, it is like opening a new restaurant but not telling anyone the menu.!!!

whereas Swindon have named the staff, advertised the menu, but aren't sure if there's a restaurant yet

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

If you had said he had a hand injury, if you knew, rather than "Isn't he injured at the moment" which sounds like a question to me, I wouldn't of posted the reply below :t:

Pretty sure he pulled out of one meeting after his first ride due to a hand injury playing him up? Im certain i read he had injured it on a mountain bike but darned if i know where i read that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

20 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Pretty sure he pulled out of one meeting after his first ride due to a hand injury playing him up? Im certain i read he had injured it on a mountain bike but darned if i know where i read that.

I cant for the life of me think where I saw it either but thats the one!

• Like 1