British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

33 minutes ago, stevehone said:

whereas Swindon have named the staff, advertised the menu, but aren't sure if there's a restaurant yet

The restaurant is there, same as it has been for years. We're just unsure whether it will have had it's long overdue refurb.

But familiar dishes will still be on the menu and we'll still be able to eat and drink until our heart is content

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Reliant Robin said:

The restaurant is there, same as it has been for years. We're just unsure whether it will have had it's long overdue refurb.

But familiar dishes will still be on the menu and we'll still be able to eat and drink until our heart is content

that's good news then, can't afford another loss of restaurant

11 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

I think Kings Lynn will go ok and make the playoffs 

No chance, sorry Arthur ...

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

It is very strange Bagpuss, it is like opening a new restaurant but not telling anyone the menu.!!! I thought maybe they could of been frightened of announcing that Puk  was not doing this season.A real shame as that top two is a very potent one and i feel Puk would of been on it this year..

You will never please everyone.Personally it hasn't bothered me as the season doesn't start for a further 5 weeks for us.By then we will know what's on the menu well before opening night:rolleyes::P

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

You will never please everyone.Personally it hasn't bothered me as the season doesn't start for a further 5 weeks for us.By then we will know what's on the menu well before opening night:rolleyes::P

reading around, i dont think many others have been impressed by the way the team has been announced this year. Hopefully they take it on board and try something else next year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, therefused said:

reading around, i dont think many others have been impressed by the way the team has been announced this year. Hopefully they take it on board and try something else next year. 

Going on previous regard for fans views, I wouldn't hold your breath!

8 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

To be honest that even makes it more laughable.

Have to agree with you there Sidney,     I have tried to see the logic of this stagnated announcements but fail miserably in understanding their reason.  To the promoters this may seem like a big laugh but the only people they are penalising is their own supporters.  

Although there has been no official word,  you didn't need to be Einstein to guess the outcome.       Like most have said,  the team has been as expected, so there has been  no surprises. .  .   .    .    .    .    .    so far.       In trying to understand the reasons why they would leave Riss till last,  prompts the question of,    is he ????

Remembering a comment Dale made in the SS a week or so back about some excitement coming at the end  makes me think there could be a change in store.   Could be a white elephant, but either way,  I'm not holding my breath.    

Looking at the 6 riders named so far,   I struggle to see  how people think it will be strong enough to be competitive.     With the help of the track preparation, we may win a few at home, but on our travels we  will be up against it....           Take Robert away, and all we have is a second division side.   

On paper it is a very poor team for me. But as we all k ow. Things ain't won on paper and this team very nearly won it all last year. So dont right them off just yet. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Have to agree with you there Sidney,     I have tried to see the logic of this stagnated announcements but fail miserably in understanding their reason.  To the promoters this may seem like a big laugh but the only people they are penalising is their own supporters.  

Although there has been no official word,  you didn't need to be Einstein to guess the outcome.       Like most have said,  the team has been as expected, so there has been  no surprises. .  .   .    .    .    .    .    so far.       In trying to understand the reasons why they would leave Riss till last,  prompts the question of,    is he ????

Remembering a comment Dale made in the SS a week or so back about some excitement coming at the end  makes me think there could be a change in store.   Could be a white elephant, but either way,  I'm not holding my breath.    

Looking at the 6 riders named so far,   I struggle to see  how people think it will be strong enough to be competitive.     With the help of the track preparation, we may win a few at home, but on our travels we  will be up against it....           Take Robert away, and all we have is a second division side.   

has to be riss for last rider how could you leave him out after last season also he would have been snapped up by other teams if he was available !!

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

I will say Webby  people have piped up a lot to be honest i feel Lynn with Lambert/Puk would of had a great spearhead anyway good luck enjoy your racing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I will say Webby  people have piped up a lot to be honest i feel Lynn with Lambert/Puk would of had a great spearhead anyway good luck enjoy your racing.

Would have been a decent spearhead,although i don't NKI would have been happy with a grippy track again.If we did have Iversen instead of Riss though then you would have to lose elsewhere in the team,say a 4 pointer for Toft or Kerr at reserve.Then you would get people moaning about how weak we are at reserve.Maybe after we get some new averages we maybe able to bring in NKI for Andersen anyway:)

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

I'm assuming it's a white elephant.6.16 left to play with by my reckoning,with Riss being 6.08 it's near enough a perfect fit.

I have feeling that Peterborough is now foremost in Busters plans. What those plans may be is any ones guess

12 hours ago, tellboy said:

Would have been a decent spearhead,although i don't NKI would have been happy with a grippy track again.If we did have Iversen instead of Riss though then you would have to lose elsewhere in the team,say a 4 pointer for Toft or Kerr at reserve.Then you would get people moaning about how weak we are at reserve.Maybe after we get some new averages we maybe able to bring in NKI for Andersen anyway:)

I'm assuming it's a white elephant.6.16 left to play with by my reckoning,with Riss being 6.08 it's near enough a perfect fit.

I think King's Lynn without Puk are still  weak at reserve Proctor for me is the one that hinders the team building of this team.I might be proved wrong but i will be very surprised if Proctor reaches the same average again.