British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

Nobody knows how Kasper will do but MPT ought to be one of the best reserves in the league.

• Like 1

Proctor could at least retain his 2018  average and improve on it if he can stay away from injury he had a year when he was having a lot of injuries As for Puck was it that he didn't like Grippy Tracks to the fact that it wasn't doing his shoulder any good after his operation.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wealdstone said:

I have feeling that Peterborough is now foremost in Busters plans. What those plans may be is any ones guess

Does look that way if you compare the teams :blink:

1 hour ago, John Scrutton said:

The question is who will be the two reserves  this It is hard to calculate with all this reduction for some riders in 2019.

The way I understand it is that the reduction applies to the team building total but not the riding positions

If you missed Jason Doyle last year at the Tatum and Pearson Night, take a look in 'Speedway News and Discussions' for details of him being special guest at the first FLUX FRIDAY at the AFA on 15th March .....

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Nobody knows how Kasper will do but MPT ought to be one of the best reserves in the league.

I think Toft is only a reserve and i feel he is decent but know more than that can he move up to replace Kerr in the top five  No in my opinion.

Edited by Sidney the robin

8 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The way I understand it is that the reduction applies to the team building total but not the riding positions

If that is the case then,it will have to be Toft with Kasper.

Very Deja vu is it not? Same team as last season minus Iverson....No one gave us a hope in hell this time last year. And we finished top of the table(forget about the 2 legged final which Poole won after using every rider possible). Lets see what happens shall we?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, K3Scotty said:

Very Deja vu is it not? Same team as last season minus Iverson....No one gave us a hope in hell this time last year. And we finished top of the table(forget about the 2 legged final which Poole won after using every rider possible). Lets see what happens shall we?

Exactly. The team which finished comfortably top last year with an excellent away record is unlikely to struggle at the bottom in a weaker league by changing one rider. They might but it’s highly unlikely. 

• Like 4

On 3/1/2019 at 8:07 PM, g13webb said:

Have to agree with you there Sidney,     I have tried to see the logic of this stagnated announcements but fail miserably in understanding their reason.  To the promoters this may seem like a big laugh but the only people they are penalising is their own supporters.  

Although there has been no official word,  you didn't need to be Einstein to guess the outcome.       Like most have said,  the team has been as expected, so there has been  no surprises. .  .   .    .    .    .    .    so far.       In trying to understand the reasons why they would leave Riss till last,  prompts the question of,    is he ????

Remembering a comment Dale made in the SS a week or so back about some excitement coming at the end  makes me think there could be a change in store.   Could be a white elephant, but either way,  I'm not holding my breath.    

Looking at the 6 riders named so far,   I struggle to see  how people think it will be strong enough to be competitive.     With the help of the track preparation, we may win a few at home, but on our travels we  will be up against it....           Take Robert away, and all we have is a second division side.   

Take Robert Lambert away from the team that effectively won the league last year......I wouldnt call it  2nd division side.....Just the best team without the star rider....

3 hours ago, K3Scotty said:

yep fight it out who will be wooden Spoonist ? in east Anglia because peter/boro will be in play/offs with Aces/poole/wolves  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, K3Scotty said:

poole love them or hate him won the league fairly didn't break any rules  so stop the crying and get on with speedway 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Exactly. The team which finished comfortably top last year with an excellent away record is unlikely to struggle at the bottom in a weaker league by changing one rider. They might but it’s highly unlikely. 

Like you say,  changing one rider don't seem a lot,   but when we are referring to an absent  GP rider who rode in the hardest races being replaced  by a second string , the difference is phenomenal.   Niels may have had a hard time last year but I lost count of the 5-1's  he scored with Robert in heats 13 and 15 to win matches.  He was one of the few riders who performed well  away from home.  We can all remember how we performed without him in the finals last season.....

I wish I could be more optimistic ,  but trust me, without a second heat header we will struggle...     Yes, Procter and Riss are exciting riders,   but when comparing them with their opposite numbers from  the other teams  they pale insignificance.  

When comparing them to Peterborough,  they are a gulf apart...…..