British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

A large proportion of speedway fans all over the UK (world?) have always been happy to see gate and go speedway with a win at the end. Don’t think it’s ever been much different to be honest. 

The biggest difference is the crowds were alot bigger then it didnt matter so much if fans missed the odd match.Now there are even some of the diehards missing some meetings because they have found other stuff to do.

49 minutes ago, Trees said:

You have to go to speedway with the mind set that you're gonna have a good night, yes the promotion and riders certainly have to do their bit, if you're not happy with the show, tell your promoter what you want to see??? 

Or vote with your feet as many thousands of fans  up and the country has done over the last 25 years and still the promotions fail to listen - watching gate and go and getting a Stars win is not enough - when I last attended on a regular basis I’ve walked to my car and thought I’ve not enjoyed the meeting and thought what a waste of time and money so I stopped going and I’ve not missed it in the slightest- that said I watch on tv and am always interested in updates when the Stars are racing - but at the moment it’s not for me 

Edited by Haza

44 minutes ago, Trees said:

You have to go to speedway with the mind set that you're gonna have a good night, yes the promotion and riders certainly have to do their bit, if you're not happy with the show, tell your promoter what you want to see??? 

Quite a few have told Buster and other promoters what they want. Did they listen, did they do anything?

The  answer is a big fat NO. 

So it gets to the point when folk say, why bother.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Quite a few have told Buster and other promoters what they want. Did they listen, did they do anything?

The  answer is a big fat NO. 

So it gets to the point when folk say, why bother.

Absolutely spot on 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

A large proportion of speedway fans all over the UK (world?) have always been happy to see gate and go speedway with a win at the end. Don’t think it’s ever been much different to be honest. 

Coventry was a prime example of gate and go. Actually is was green light on and go. Was like that for years.

4 hours ago, Trees said:

I, too, want to see at least 8 passes per race but you only ever see this once in a blue moon EVER. On the other hand I'll be happy to support the Stars giving 100% for our club and themselves, giving us wins and prolonging our season (playoffs).  That will be their mentality and they will have worked hard to be the best gater they can, to find the best set ups to be fast round the tracks. 

I have said for years that the racing needs to be better than it used to be to bring the punters back BUT it's so much easier said than done, bikes have changed (for the worse I think), there's not the money in the sport like years ago (when promoters were rolling in it they could potentially ask their riders to perform for the crowd, they had plenty of money to buy the best shale etc etc). I guess the fact that all the best riders in the world don't want to race here any more makes a difference. 

So we have what we have and what we have is a great team manager who gets the best out of his team and a team that give their best for their team and so for us as Stars fans, it's a winning game and that's enough for me.... 

As a comparison with Norwich City football, their players don't mess about on the pitch doing all the fancy footy tricks for the fans they do what they have to do to win against their opponents, their fans support them be it crap, boring football or a 5-4 last minute win cos it's all about winning and going up a league, we ought to have that same mentality. 

Are you sure you're not Theresa May?? :t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Don't think that's true at all, the Pole's certainly wouldn't stand for regular gate and go racing.

That sounds like making excuses for how bad King's Lynn is.

Totally disagree with Tree's too, saying a lot of UK tracks are like King's Lynn. 

49 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Are you sure you're not Theresa May?? :t:

One thing for definite Trees still has them blinkers on :rofl:

• Like 1

Not been on here for a while. Come back on and it’s the same old people moaning the same old things! Constantly! Over and over.

If it wasn’t real it would be comedic!

Keep it up sad acts!!!! X

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

Not been on here for a while. Come back on and it’s the same old people moaning the same old things! Constantly! Over and over.

It may be possible  that they are right with their concerns especially with the Chapman full house and holding the trump card

17 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

And these same old people will only be happy when there's no more team to support.

Final rider to be announced Friday.

Club about to purchase a rider from another club as a full asset.

Buster getting new shale delivered and a blade on the track ahead of the new season.

Robert Lambert is back, one of the most exciting young talents in the world.

More work with youngsters particularly during school holidays.

Keep smiling....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Piccolo said:

And these same old people will only be happy when there's no more team to support.

Final rider to be announced Friday.

Club about to purchase a rider from another club as a full asset.

Buster getting new shale delivered and a blade on the track ahead of the new season.

Robert Lambert is back, one of the most exciting young talents in the world.

More work with youngsters particularly during school holidays.

Keep smiling....

Well your 110% wrong about me if you think I want no Kings Lynn Stars to support- 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

An ex promoter once told a friend of mine "that if you dont like it... dont bother to turn up" :blink: 

Len Silver told a whole crowd that.

28 minutes ago, Alan_Jones said:

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Don't think that's true at all, the Pole's certainly wouldn't stand for regular gate and go racing.

That sounds like making excuses for how bad King's Lynn is.

Totally disagree with Tree's too, saying a lot of UK tracks are like King's Lynn. 

Yeah I wouldn't agree with me if I had actually said that Daniel re our track, think I said it is grippier than most british tracks given the clay content .....

Edited by Trees