British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

40 minutes ago, Haza said:

Well your 110% wrong about me if you think I want no Kings Lynn Stars to support- 

Me too. I'm just allergic to rose tinted glasses.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Star Lady said:

Me too. I'm just allergic to rose tinted glasses.

Whatever is done at Lynn I'm not so sure either Haza or you will support the team anymore in person will you?  Been there done that, fallen out of love?

36 minutes ago, Alan_Jones said:

Len Silver told a whole crowd that.

Doesn’t surprise me in the slightest, this is a bloke who thinks their nothing wrong with the speedway in the U.K. 

33 minutes ago, Trees said:

Whatever is done at Lynn I'm not so sure either Haza or you will support the team anymore in person will you?  Been there done that, fallen out of love?

As I cannot see Buster ever providing the entertainment factor that would equal the price. Nor riders providing the racing I like (mainly the fault of modern engines & tuners). You are probably right but if I didn't care I wouldn't bother trying to put forward an alternative view to the one you and others hold.

I'd venture to suggest there are far more dissatisfied ex fans than there are happy clappers on the terraces and that ought to tell promoters something, if only they would open their ears.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Don't think that's true at all, the Pole's certainly wouldn't stand for regular gate and go racing.

That sounds like making excuses for how bad King's Lynn is.

Totally disagree with Tree's too, saying a lot of UK tracks are like King's Lynn. 

Not at all, I’ve never made excuses and have often said that the action at Lynn is poor, and even offered reasons as to why I think that. It’s one of the reasons I don’t go very often any more. 

But speedway has predominantly been gate and go for many, many years and a successful team will nearly always attract healthy crowds whether the racing is good or not. I would argue that a team winning every week with no passing would get bigger crowds than a team who loses every week with brilliant racing. Shouldn’t really be that way but it is. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

As I cannot see Buster ever providing the entertainment factor that would equal the price. Nor riders providing the racing I like (mainly the fault of modern engines & tuners). You are probably right but if I didn't care I wouldn't bother trying to put forward an alternative view to the one you and others hold.

I'd venture to suggest there are far more dissatisfied ex fans than there are happy clappers on the terraces and that ought to tell promoters something, if only they would open their ears.

I live with an ex fan who still keeps tabs on the sport but who is over it from a live point of view, he doesn't say that Buster or the riders aren't doing the biz anymore, it's the case that speedway just doesn't float his boat enough to go anymore, he aches if he stands for long periods, he doesn't want to burn the candle at both ends, he certainly doesn't blame his non attendance on modern day speedway though, more that he'd stood on the terraces since he was 12, had his idols, supported his team, driven all over the country for speedway with friends and with me but that need to do it has now gone .....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trees said:

I wouldn’t like to say one way or the other at the moment  if I will attend regular again or not I can’t see me attending the first meeting but who knows after that - as for fallen out of love with Kings Kynn - I guess priorities change in life  as we all get older and found other things to do that are more rewarding - instead of my life revolving around one thing as it did with speedway I’ve a varied social life and I’m enjoying the change . Enjoy your speedway and I’m envious of your enthusiasm for the Stars my enthusiasm ended in July 2017 . 

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Doesn’t surprise me in the slightest, this is a bloke who thinks their nothing wrong with the speedway in the U.K. 

But like him or loathe him you cannot deny that he has done some good thing's over the years which has enabled him   to survive the test of time in speedway.Speedway has failed mainly in this Country because people do not work together to much self interest  gets in the way.

10 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

But like him or loathe him you cannot deny that he has done some good thing's over the years which has enabled him   to survive the test of time in speedway.Speedway has failed mainly in this Country because people do not work together to much self interest  gets in the way.

I don’t dislike or loathe him and clearly years ago he knew what he was doing but his comments was in recent years suggest he is part of the problem rather than the answer.

i would add that I think a few others of the BSPA are in that category as well

10 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

I don’t dislike or loathe him and clearly years ago he knew what he was doing but his comments was in recent years suggest he is part of the problem rather than the answer.

i would add that I think a few others of the BSPA are in that category as well

I agree with that totally,  and that is what is disappointing bigcatdiary. Sometimes  you have to change and agree to something that maybe you don't agree with to help push  the sport forward

5 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Not at all, I’ve never made excuses and have often said that the action at Lynn is poor, and even offered reasons as to why I think that. It’s one of the reasons I don’t go very often any more. 

But speedway has predominantly been gate and go for many, many years and a successful team will nearly always attract healthy crowds whether the racing is good or not. I would argue that a team winning every week with no passing would get bigger crowds than a team who loses every week with brilliant racing. Shouldn’t really be that way but it is. 

Speedway has been predominantly gate and go but only for the winner of the race, no question. But most of the entertainment in races happens at the back. Especially SGP's, Polish and Swedish leagues. Also a good number of British Speedway meetings are the same.

I just can't get my head around how it's just become acceptable at King's Lynn to be happy with 1 or 2 good races a meeting?? Over the last 3 seasons, King's Lynn imo has been No3 for THE worst meetings in terms of entertainment, only just better than Leicester and Swindon. It's one of the only UK tracks that after the first lap rider's are spread out with 2 or 3 bike lengths between them consistently. 

It's one of the reasons I watch Stars meetings mainly away from home and will continue to do so, but because of the new owner I shall not be at Ipswich or Peterborough either.

So I'm only down to probably 4-5 Stars meetings in 2019. The lowest ever in 30yrs following this club. King's Lynn for à huge part of that 30yrs was my No1. Dumped partner's, relationship and wedding anniversaries dropped, family and friends birthdays skipped all for King's Lynn Speedway. 

1 man is responsible for killing my passion and I can never forgive him for that. King's Lynn Speedway is still my No1 club but now only from afar, I could never allow myself to give another penny to that man.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Star Lady said:

I am confident that that is the case where living ex-fans outnumber those who still attend enthusiastically. Many do it out of habit. One thing we can blame Buster for 100% is his inability to listen to well-meant suggestions from supporters who do care ( and want KLS to thrive). Regardless of his other tactical decisions while leading the BSPA, it is this trait which will destroy UK speedway as we know it. Other promoters agree with him by default. Feedback has a different meaning to complaints.

8, probably  6 years ago I thought Lynn was the best run club in the league by a distance.   But since son Jonathon left the promotion, it has gone so downhill.   I talk to many fans   and most now have negative comments instead of good ones.   Quite a few have stopped going and others now only go occasionally.  Everyone  talks about the poor racing and bad entertainment,  but nobody has a good word to say about  Buster.

Now Robert Lambert has the same pulling power as the once great Michael Lee , as soon as he goes there'll be no one left to pull in that crowd.    I fear then that Buster will realise too late  for the damage  that has done..

57 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

I am confident that that is the case where living ex-fans...

But what about the dead ex-fans?

Shouldn't Buster being more to attract a zombie audience?

Edited by arnieg

11 minutes ago, arnieg said:

But what about the dead ex-fans?

Shouldn't Buster being more to attract a zombie audience?

What fans are left already are Zombie's.

Sycophantic Zombies 

• Thanks 1