British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

5 minutes ago, g13webb said:

No not at all,   you don't have to DO anything to be a fanatic.    But if you were that interested and keen, that  your whole life revolved around it , I would have thought reading about others clubs, other matches,  other riders,   other countries,   it would be essential to purchase the S/S   just to keep up to scratch.....  

But then again we all think differently..... 

but there are loads of places you can read about other clubs, other matches, other riders and other countries quicker and easier than the speedway star?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, g13webb said:

No not at all,   you don't have to DO anything to be a fanatic.    But if you were that interested and keen, that  your whole life revolved around it , I would have thought reading about others clubs, other matches,  other riders,   other countries,   it would be essential to purchase the S/S   just to keep up to scratch.....  

But then again we all think differently..... 

I'm sure Trees whole life doesn't evolve around speedway,but she sure loves her speedway and to that you can't knock her at all.

Why do you have to buy the SS to to find out about other clubs,matches,riders,countries etc.It is all available online on various websites.When you get the SS now most know the news that's in there anyway days before the SS is published.

Edit: therefused just beat me to it.

Edited by tellboy

Kings Lynn will have 7 riders who  ALL want to ride for the STARS this year and also a 8th who will be there if needed.   How many of the other clubs have riders signed on just have a team in 2019 and not been left out all together  i can think of a few

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

Yes Buster is the owner,but i think you will find the naming of the team etc is down to Brundle.I still don't see this as any reason whatsoever for the mess speedway is in this country.

One tired idea begets another. Have groups of Star's supporter been singing the anthem much in pubs around the region during the off season?

Look how successful the fishermen have been at that - how about The Shalelovers Ensemble. Singing collected speedway anthems 1928 - 2018. Several albums worth there!

4 hours ago, g13webb said:

Also in the S/S is stated that Riss is expected to be unveiled tomorrow.....

What's happened to that thought of a Most Welcome Bombshell announcement that it's Iversen ( more broken dreams ). Personally, I prefer Riss.

Next weeks story could easily be how Eric Riss is concerned that his career could be badly affected by a no deal Brexit? Just to keep KLS in the regional "headlines".

1 hour ago, Star Lady said:

I appreciate the need to have weekly press releases but anyone with a modicum of intelligence could do that without the ridiculous scenario we have this year.

I think that sums things up quite well, it’s a good idea in principle but has been poorly executed. 

1 hour ago, John Scrutton said:

Kings Lynn will have 7 riders who  ALL want to ride for the STARS this year and also a 8th who will be there if needed.   How many of the other clubs have riders signed on just have a team in 2019 and not been left out all together  i can think of a few

no every rider is happy to get a contract be it for whichever team !!

Welcome back Eric. Now it's time for people to be positive and get behind the Stars .

• Like 3

Got my 42.42 right what I predicted back in early January :rolleyes:. Just need to have a bit more luck on my lottery predictions now. If I can I reckon I could tempt Woffy to Lynn:t:

15 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I think that sums things up quite well, it’s a good idea in principle but has been poorly executed. 

Something that is repeated time after time by the current KLS promotion, who seem most unwilling to learn from experience.

So we finally got there after months of drip feeding we have a 1-7 :t:Good to see Riss back for a full season . 

As for the team in general I’d have liked to have seen at least one fresh face but it is what it is . 

13 minutes ago, mrss said:

Welcome back Eric. Now it's time for people to be positive and get behind the Stars .

Not quite !!!    Still feel us fans have been treated like mugs. 

Although I can see the merits of this team, as it stands it will be someway short of the competition.   Governed by the numbers,  Niels was never going to fit into the allowance,  but for Lynn  to have any chance of making it into the lottery , then he will be drafted in at some late stage, when the numbers allow,   inducing added pressure on the declared riders to perform....    Just a pity the fans weren't brought into the equation from the start so we knew what were their intentions.   That's not asking for the world, surely

I have voiced concerns in the past  how local derbies were badly missed  and that our crowds have suffered through this. This year we will have them in abundance, so hoping the attendances will improve,.Just a pity we cant be more optimistic about the early confrontations...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tellboy said:

I'm sure Trees whole life doesn't evolve around speedway,but she sure loves her speedway and to that you can't knock her at all.

Why do you have to buy the SS to to find out about other clubs,matches,riders,countries etc.It is all available online on various websites.When you get the SS now most know the news that's in there anyway days before the SS is published.

Edit: therefused just beat me to it.

When looking for answers there is nowhere better than the internet.  I agree with you, when you go looking for results and features they can always be found.   From someone who spends half his time on the keyboard  (the wife said That)   come Thursday I will always find articles that I was not aware of.  What I like about the S/S is that it will give you the opportunity to read about every aspect of the sport, not just the article you are looking for...…..

I always find the SS an excellent and enjoyable read, even though you can find a lot of details on the internet before it's published.  Same can be said for Newspapers, Ladies magazines such as Hello, almost any type of magazine in fact.
Someone said in an earlier posting that they thought it was overpriced (I think that is what was said, but apologise if it wasn't) at £3, but in comparison with anything you purchase off the book/paper shelf in your newsagent or supermarket, it's par for the course.

If we want to talk about things being overpriced, then that has to be speedway programmes surely.  Speedway Star at £3 has got to be far greater value for money than a Speedway Programme at £3.  Most clubs programmes have a page written or ghost written by more than one of its management team, all saying the same thing about that you've already read on the internet, to quote other posters on here.  You have a Supporters Club Page that is the same every meeting, with the exception of a few lines.  You have Rider Profiles that are generally lifted from the British Speedway Website. You have Guest writers who contribute their thoughts on various matters, some current, some talking about things that happened 30+ years ago, and so it goes on.  They do provide excellent photos from people like Phil Hilton, Steve Hone, Derek Leader and many others, but so does the Speedway Star. 

So the 2019 line-up has finally been confirmed, which I can see some people are happy with, whilst others are not, but that's human nature, and I'd be surprised if any club in the country could say that every last one of its supporters is happy with their named line-up, although Berwick seem to be an exception to that rule usually.
Am I happy with our line-up for this season....yes.  I would like to have seen a new face to support Robert, but it obviously wasn't meant to be, so the curent side will get my 100% support.     

• Like 2