British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

That's good news. I never saw that coming! :shock:  Given a reasonable amount of luck with injuries, that team has the look of potential champions IMHO.:)

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Surprising that no club in the UK has developed an app yet, as has been said it would be far more appealing to the younger audience and engage them. There is still a market for programmes but an app alongside is long overdue. 

There is an App , it’s called total speedway. I have it on my IPad 

13 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

There is an App , it’s called total speedway. I have it on my IPad 

That’s a fair point but I was more thinking of a club specific one which can be used to be alerted to news etc and to use instead of a programme on race nights.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Starboy118 said:

That's good news. I never saw that coming! :shock:  Given a reasonable amount of luck with injuries, that team has the look of potential champions IMHO.:)

You will be battling it out with Ipswich for the wooden spoon IMHO ....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lynnboy said:

And Riss joins on a full transfer too ! 

Someone mentioned this a few days ago.  

I didn't see it on the Stars web site though.

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Perhaps the moment of maximum exposure isnt right just yet for it to be on the website :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Come on !!    surely you didn't expect that.,    :t: 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Welcome Erik Riss  :blink:.

No surprise, but a good signing. As he said himself, he needs to improve away, but i'm sure he can up his 6.08 average.

Eric Riss is for me THE one to watch ( now that Robert has already climbed to the Top fo the Averages and proved he is a Star's legend at a relatively young age ) Riss is capable of doing almost as much as Robert IMHO. 

• Like 1

So how should we line up? My preference would be

1 Lambert

2 Kerr

3 Jorgensen

4 Riss

5 Proctor

6 Andersen

7 Palm Toft 

Riss at 5 for me.  Heat 13 and all that.  Want to see Tofty up at 2 ASAP.  Lambert and him will be a good pairing there.

Procter at 3 TJH at 4

I seem to recall a few months back there was mention of Richard Knight being involved again.  Or did I just dream that ?

Edited by semion

24 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

So how should we line up? My preference would be

1 Lambert

2 Kerr

3 Jorgensen

4 Riss

5 Proctor

6 Andersen

7 Palm Toft 

When you line the 1-7 up like that it really does look a woefully weak team on paper but that was said last season we shall see how it pans out -  if Lambert gets an injury we are in the deep brown stuff 

Haza, weak compared to other seasons or weak compared to other teams make-up for this season ?

As for losing Lambert, could the same argument not be for Doyle at Swindon, Harris at Ippo, Cook at Boro, Kurtz at Poole Fricke at BV ?

Edited by semion

Just now, semion said:

Haza, weak compared to other seasons or weak compared to other teams make-up for this season ?

Weak compared to other seasons definitely even last season - as for this season possibly Pboro are the stand out side - guess it’s the continuation of watering down the strength of the league year on year - The Stars league winning side of 2009 at there prime not now obviously would give this team of 2019  a good meeting and that was a second league side that’s how much we’ve watered the product down .