British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

10 minutes ago, Haza said:

When you line the 1-7 up like that it really does look a woefully weak team on paper but that was said last season we shall see how it pans out -  if Lambert gets an injury we are in the deep brown stuff 

Haza this paper, is it the slick stuff or the one that’s deep with plenty of grip and good clay content ?;)

• Like 1

For me the Lynn side looks ‘OK’. But there are things that we should consider factoring in.

I can see improvement from Lambert ( a bit). Riss ( a lot)  Palm Toft (some) THJ( last season early form). Anderson ( could be a point added there)

Proctor, for me, he is where he is now.  Kerr a very big one of these...?  He will either add or I think he will be gone and replaced. 

The team will be no ones favourites ( as last season).  However isn’t that a good feeling when ya team over achieves from where you set the bar?

Only have to look down the Road (Carrot) and see what Daniel Farke in his trendy Parka has done.  People are loving it.

1 hour ago, semion said:

For me the Lynn side looks ‘OK’. But there are things that we should consider factoring in.

I can see improvement from Lambert ( a bit). Riss ( a lot)  Palm Toft (some) THJ( last season early form). Anderson ( could be a point added there)

Proctor, for me, he is where he is now.  Kerr a very big one of these...?  He will either add or I think he will be gone and replaced. 

The team will be no ones favourites ( as last season).  However isn’t that a good feeling when ya team over achieves from where you set the bar?

Only have to look down the Road (Carrot) and see what Daniel Farke in his trendy Parka has done.  People are loving it.

Let’s wait and see what happens time will tell . 

Season opener Ben Fund next Sunday if the weather is ok we might go to this one . 

The argument about what we would do without Lambert is a valid one as he’d be impossible to cover but any rider can get get injured at any time so when predicting team strengths I think you have to disregard injuries and just deal with them when they happen. 

I expect this team to be better than the sum of its parts like last year but it’s sucfess of course depends on improvement, if somebody can step up to second heat leader effectively and Kasper has a breakthrough season for example we could be a match for anyone, if not it could be a season of struggle. But I’m expecting something in the middle. 

5 hours ago, semion said:

Riss at 5 for me.  Heat 13 and all that.  Want to see Tofty up at 2 ASAP.  Lambert and him will be a good pairing there.

Procter at 3 TJH at 4

I seem to recall a few months back there was mention of Richard Knight being involved again.  Or did I just dream that ?

It was mentioned. I read a short statement from Richard somewhere, months ago.

I believe the Stars scored 16 points away from home in 2018, best in the league. I will be surprised if they score any away with that team, sadly. If you take the away points off of last seasons total, Lynn wouldn't of even made the play offs. It's a worry... NKI or someone of his quality is going to cost us big time, if no changes are made along the way.

Take a look at last seasons away averages.. I want them to win the league as much as anyone else, but after last season Buster said Lynn were going all out to win it this season. It don't look like it to me. If you look at Busters 3 teams on paper, it looks like Peterborough are his " beloved team" so to speak. Frustrating from where i'm sitting..

Robert  8.27

NKI  7.62

Ty  5.80

Erik  5.47

TJ  4.68

MPT 5.22

Lewis 3.87

Kasper 2.86

I don't like being negative, but after last season I was expecting more. Nothing against any of the 7 riders at all, but not as a 1-7 .I will be along to the AFA  this season, but as before will pick and choose my meetings.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I believe the Stars scored 16 points away from home in 2018, best in the league. I will be surprised if they score any away with that team, sadly. If you take the away points off of last seasons total, Lynn wouldn't of even made the play offs. It's a worry... NKI or someone of his quality is going to cost us big time, if no changes are made along the way.

Take a look at last seasons away averages.. I want them to win the league as much as anyone else, but after last season Buster said Lynn were going all out to win it this season. It don't look like it to me. If you look at Busters 3 teams on paper, it looks like Peterborough are his " beloved team" so to speak. Frustrating from where i'm sitting..

Robert  8.27

NKI  7.62

Ty  5.80

Erik  5.47

TJ  4.68

MPT 5.22

Lewis 3.87

Kasper 2.86

I don't like being negative, but after last season I was expecting more. Nothing against any of the 7 riders at all, but not as a 1-7 .I will be along to the AFA  this season, but as before will pick and choose my meetings.

Riss and Jorgensen i really like both great value, I think Andersen at reserve might improve???  Without Puk though is such a blow with him top four material easily.

• Like 1

I'd of left out Andersen, MPT and Kerr and gone down a different route.

3 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Riss and Jorgensen i really like both great value, I think Andersen at reserve might improve???  Without Puk though is such a blow with him top four material easily.

Yes I think Kasper will improve. He needs to as he is still on last seasons assessed average of 4.00 for team building.. He averaged 2.82..Riding in 2 leagues should help him. I'm hoping he can hit the 4 point mark.I like watching Erik, great at Lynn at the end of the season. He should up his 6.08 ave ( 6.67 home and 5.47 away)

Whilst I like watching TJ, his away form is a worry for me. A great 7.53 at home, but drops to only 4.68 away.

Hans Anderson would of fitted for Ty if we had a 3 point rider at no.7. Not saying Ty didn't have a good season, but if you really want to push for honours ;)

38 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I'd of left out Andersen, MPT and Kerr and gone down a different route.

Although I do like Lewis and he's a local lad,but i'm a bit worried about him. I know he is fit but he has had some bad ones ,and has a young family. I hope he's mentally ready. I guess we wont know until its crunch time. I'm hoping he comes back and smashes it though .Kasper is another gamble on a 4.0. We shall see.

Edited by Bald Bloke

8 hours ago, semion said:

Haza, weak compared to other seasons or weak compared to other teams make-up for this season ?

As for losing Lambert, could the same argument not be for Doyle at Swindon, Harris at Ippo, Cook at Boro, Kurtz at Poole Fricke at BV ?

Weak compared to other teams.     Each of those mentioned teams have a much stronger back-up,  Swindon has Batchelor; Ippo has King;   Peterbor has Andersen,   Poole has Holder  and Belle Vue have either Bewley or  Bjerre.   Take Lambert away and Lynn are precariously weak.  with Lambert we could cover any missing from the rest of the team,   but without Lambert,   we can forget it...….. 

Webbo.  You would prefer Bratolar to the the potential of Riss.  Surely you are having a giraffe ?

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Yes I think Kasper will improve. He needs to as he is still on last seasons assessed average of 4.00 for team building.. He averaged 2.82..Riding in 2 leagues should help him. I'm hoping he can hit the 4 point mark.I like watching Erik, great at Lynn at the end of the season. He should up his 6.08 ave ( 6.67 home and 5.47 away)

Whilst I like watching TJ, his away form is a worry for me. A great 7.53 at home, but drops to only 4.68 away.

Hans Anderson would of fitted for Ty if we had a 3 point rider at no.7. Not saying Ty didn't have a good season, but if you really want to push for honours ;)

Im still struggling to see how Andersen can be allowed to double up (appreciating this years full regs havent surfaced yet)

Previously a rider without an established average from the previous season has not been permitted to double up

30 minutes ago, semion said:

Webbo.  You would prefer Bratolar to the the potential of Riss.  Surely you are having a giraffe ?

I’d also question if Hans or King are really any better than what we have. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Im still struggling to see how Andersen can be allowed to double up (appreciating this years full regs havent surfaced yet)

Previously a rider without an established average from the previous season has not been permitted to double up

I dunno. Maybe Buster and Ford have agreed so it's all good in the interest of the sport of course :P

• Haha 1