British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

11 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

So how I see it. 

Proctor and Andersen out. We'd have to go back to 42.50 team average as it'll be 2 changes as like for like isn't permitted with 2 or more changes at once. 

10.39 available for changes.

In comes Cook on 7.00 and Drew Kemp on 3.19.

That way it'll really pee off both Peterborough and Ipswich :lol::lol:

Kemp wont drop his Kent commitments.

5 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Where's 7.00 coming from?

Surely Cook finished last season on 7.73 so with his 2.5% British deduction he is on 7.54 ? 

His current Championship average 10.51 would convert to 7.01, but while he has a current PL average that surely has to be used

Im not sure of the rules but i think it is because he hasnt started in the premiership this season it is now converted? 

Ridiculous if so. 

53 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Where's 7.00 coming from?

Surely Cook finished last season on 7.73 so with his 2.5% British deduction he is on 7.54 ? 

His current Championship average 10.51 would convert to 7.01, but while he has a current PL average that surely has to be used

Actually you are correct, it is 7.006 which does indeed equate to 7.01.

His average from last season is now irrelevant because he didn’t start the season in the top flight (well he didn’t get to ride for the team he was named in).

So yes it’s 7.01. 

And I echo the above statement. It’s ridiculous.

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

So how I see it. 

Proctor and Andersen out. We'd have to go back to 42.50 team average as it'll be 2 changes as like for like isn't permitted with 2 or more changes at once. 

10.39 available for changes.

In comes Cook on 7.00 and Drew Kemp on 3.19.

That way it'll really pee off both Peterborough and Ipswich :lol::lol:

If indeed Cook is on a 7pt average,on June 1st our team average falls well below 42.50 and you can put him in as a straight swap for Proctor.And this should leave around 4.48 to replace Kasper.Thats how i read it anyway.Cook on a 7 pointer is a no brainer in my eyes,absolute steal on that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Cook on a 7 pointer is a no brainer in my eyes,absolute steal on that.

It all depends on who is wielding the chequebook and if there any "afters" from the "sponsorship rights" affair. Either it was all nonsense what we were told about no Cook at Pboro or someone has backed down, but if it happens it's a win-win really. One gets a job and the other get's the job done.

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

If indeed Cook is on a 7pt average,on June 1st our team average falls well below 42.50 and you can put him in as a straight swap for Proctor.And this should leave around 4.48 to replace Kasper.Thats how i read it anyway.Cook on a 7 pointer is a no brainer in my eyes,absolute steal on that.

Cookie is absolutely flying at the moment and is a steal on a 7 point average

2 hours ago, dorothy58 said:

Cookie is absolutely flying at the moment and is a steal on a 7 point average

Flying in the Championship. A flat track bully.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Flying in the Championship. A flat track bully.

The Facennas have spent a fair bit up here and it’s got some good banking

• Thanks 1

No doubting the pedigree that Cook brings to the table .  He is the second heat leader we have been wanting,  since the team was first announced.  Probably now there will be someone who can take some pressure off Lambert and also compete for that coveted No 1 race jacket.

Wouldn't  it have been  far better had he came without all the mystery of his Panthers departure.  There will always be suggestion of rider manipulations when someone, like Buster, has his hands in so many pies.  Cant help thinking the rules have been  conveniently changed  to accommodate this happening.    If that is the case then it will leave a nasty taste in everyone's mouth...   

• Like 1

Which rules? 

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

No doubting the pedigree that Cook brings to the table .  He is the second heat leader we have been wanting,  since the team was first announced.  Probably now there will be someone who can take some pressure off Lambert and also compete for that coveted No 1 race jacket.

Wouldn't  it have been  far better had he came without all the mystery of his Panthers departure.  There will always be suggestion of rider manipulations when someone, like Buster, has his hands in so many pies.  Cant help thinking the rules have been  conveniently changed  to accommodate this happening.    If that is the case then it will leave a nasty taste in everyone's mouth...   

So Cook has officially signed then ? If so I’ve missed it 

6 minutes ago, Haza said:

No. Just a strong rumour which could be true or a load of squit. 

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Haza said:

Of course it isn't official yet but looks certain to happen. 

Cook saying he's had a phone call and the club saying a new signing after Monday is pretty much a done deal. 

I’ve been told that Andersen has been sacked already but they have asked him to ride at pboro on Monday anayway if I was him I would tell them to pi** off !