British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

8 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Cooks going to Lynn. Trust me ;)

In place of who???

7 minutes ago, hyderd said:

In place of who???

Looks like Erik Riss, either as a straight replacement or as injury cover.

1 hour ago, hyderd said:

In place of who???

I would have said a straight swap for Proctor first.But who knows now with Riss possibly missing a month,it may have to be a double swap come June.Say someone like Nielsen for Kasper and Cook for Riss.We will all know soon enough.

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

When most of  the teams are competing on the same race night,   there will always be issues with teams wanting replacements for absent riders.   Years ago this would have been a dream fixture, drawing a massive crowd.   Tomorrow, competing with only half a team, (the numbers made up with guests who have no interest at all),  on a grippy track  don't inspire much enthusiasm.   

Hopefully,  the weather could be the saviour here... 

By all accounts the racing at Peterborough improved massively in their last match and everybody that went,went home very happy.

To be honest on only having half a team,injuries happen in speedway unfortunately that is part and parcel of our sport.People can say we only have one team to choose from,which is true,but probably 90% of the people were crying out for fixed night racing to stop all the clashes with other leagues racing.We can have adequate replacements from Ipswich if needed,and their interest will be earning as much money as possible.People say guests don't give their all,but most of them do in all honesty.

8 hours ago, tellboy said:

I would have said a straight swap for Proctor first.But who knows now with Riss possibly missing a month,it may have to be a double swap come June.Say someone like Nielsen for Kasper and Cook for Riss.We will all know soon enough.

It will be Simon Lambert in for Kasper after tomorrows meeting at Peterboro.

I asked yesterday if Simon coming back in meant we could have Cook, would that be acceptable to fans?

Edited by TooMuchGrip
typo

7 minutes ago, TooMuchGrip said:

It will be Simon Lambert in for Kasper after tomorrows meeting at Peterboro.

I asked yesterday if Simon back in meant we could have Cook would that be acceptable to fans?

No disrespect to Simon,but with the points we have left we should be able to do better if my calculates are correct.

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

No disrespect to Simon,but with the points we have left we should be able to do better if my calculates are correct.

Totally agree but Simon does seem to be the default when we need to replace a reserve doesnt he.  I know he is an asset but hopefully the team managers will eventually look a bit more outside the box for cover in the future.

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

By all accounts the racing at Peterborough improved massively in their last match and everybody that went,went home very happy.

To be honest on only having half a team,injuries happen in speedway unfortunately that is part and parcel of our sport.People can say we only have one team to choose from,which is true,but probably 90% of the people were crying out for fixed night racing to stop all the clashes with other leagues racing.We can have adequate replacements from Ipswich if needed,and their interest will be earning as much money as possible.People say guests don't give their all,but most of them do in all honesty.

It was. Last thursdays meeting was brilliant, with multiple passes in most races. Interestingly there was only 1 tractor grade after heat 10, and only the ouside line was graded. This worked a treat with plenty of oustside manoeuvres by the riders.

I really hope we get some positive news tomorrow and Cook does sign for the Stars. Our team has proved to be very poor this season. Happy to see Andersen and Proctor replaced. Jorgensen also needs to up his game.

• Like 2

I think only MPT, Riss and Lambert could justifiably complain about being replaced, the other four have not been good enough often enough. Think we’ll see a couple of changes but three or even four wouldn’t be unwelcome for many people. 

• Like 3

Simon lambert coming in on 3.00 average and cook coming in to replace Riss. Riss reckons he will be back on a bike by next weekend as he’s planning to race in Germany. Maybe proctor might have to go. 

If Riss is replaced it will only be short term and surely would come back into the side as soon as he's fit. If I was Proctor or Jorgensen i'd be very worried.

I say wait for Erik, replace Ty..

TJ is awful away so far this season. Lewis has been poor home and away also.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Simon lambert coming in on 3.00 average and cook coming in to replace Riss. Riss reckons he will be back on a bike by next weekend as he’s planning to race in Germany. Maybe proctor might have to go. 

Why would Riss be replaced if he will be back on a bike before our next meeting? And why bring Simon Lambert in to replace Andersen if there are more points to play with and better riders available?