British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

1 hour ago, semion said:

I think once Buster has bought his 4th Club and having total control then invading Poland must be next on his agenda. :)

Are there any signs of him growing a moustache  

On whose lawn has Buster parked his tanks? Not heard about this 4th club.

4 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

I've said something similar for a long time.

Averages should start the season based on the average over two seasons, so let's say Danny King for example

2017 averaged 7

2018 averaged 6

He starts 2019 with an average of 6.5 and has that average for the full season.

If he ends the 2019 season with an average of 9

He starts 2020 with an average of 7.5 and keeps that average for a full season.

At any point if Ipswich want to replace king during the 2019 season they'd have only 6.5 to play with irrelevant to what he is actually achieving so if he's averaging 9 then they wont replace him with a 6.5 however if he's averaging 4 then you'd replace him with a 6.5 option.

This allows riders to do well and score big I.e. above their average then they are less likely to be replaced 

Falcon 1983 I've suggested for years that if there is to be a team building average it should be the final total of the league champions and that way a winning team can be kept together and the other tams have to play catch-up rather than the league being diluted down as it is these days.
OK Promoters argue it's all about costs but having a weakened product is more likely to make fans stay away and heaven knows there are enough other ways to spend hard earned cash on rather than 15 minutes of racing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

On whose lawn has Buster parked his tanks? Not heard about this 4th club.

I heard Rye House was on the radar but there are always rumours

1 minute ago, cinderfella said:

I heard Rye House was on the radar but there are always rumours

If he moves into Rye House I hope his first order will be to get the tanks to flatten the mud pile where the centre green should be. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, semion said:

I think once Buster has bought his 4th Club and having total control then invading Poland must be next on his agenda. :)

Are there any signs of him growing a moustache  

Poole

21 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Swindon have signed him to replace Lampart.

He's riding as a quest tonight though. 

Ok thanks.

6 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

No doubt the proof of who backed down will be seen when Cook rides his first match for Lynn, will be interesting having Lambert and Cook in the same team as they they both have high opinions of themselves that neither to date have really fulfilled, Hans Andersen beat Lambert three times yesterday and thats a rider who many say is passed his best now. 

Probably be nobody has backed down, Cook will probably ride in his Glasgow suit with a Stars race jacket.

Now I could well be wrong but didn't Cook's sponsor not pull out after the Peterborough debacle? If so he would hardly have their name on a new race suit.

Cook must be coming in on his Premiership average from last season of 7.73. Replacing Riss (5.83) it only leaves 3.30 points for the final place which explains why Simon Lambert is back. Otherwise surely there would be better options at No7. Nothing against Lambert, he seems like a really nice lad who gives 110% but unfortunately he's a weak link just like Andersen has been. Hopefully Riss will come back and we can review the No7 position going forward.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Stag said:

Cook must be coming in on his Premiership average from last season of 7.73. Replacing Riss (5.83) it only leaves 3.30 points for the final place which explains why Simon Lambert is back. Otherwise surely there would be better options at No7. Nothing against Lambert, he seems like a really nice lad who gives 110% but unfortunately he's a weak link just like Andersen has been. Hopefully Riss will come back and we can review the No7 position going forward.

Agree,but unsure on what Cook has come in at the moment.His average from last season though must qualify from the 2.5% reduction which would give an average of 7.54.

I assumed Cook was going to come in for Proctor and probably another decent reserve on par with the likes of Toft.But with Riss getting injured Lynn decided to replace him until he is fit.Maybe they couldn't fit in a reserve they probably wanted as they now have 0.46 less to play with by replacing Riss instead of Proctor.But when Riss is fit and and you would hope re-introduced for Proctor then we would have that 0.46 back.

6 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Agree,but unsure on what Cook has come in at the moment.His average from last season though must qualify from the 2.5% reduction which would give an average of 7.54.

I assumed Cook was going to come in for Proctor and probably another decent reserve on par with the likes of Toft.But with Riss getting injured Lynn decided to replace him until he is fit.Maybe they couldn't fit in a reserve they probably wanted as they now have 0.46 less to play with by replacing Riss instead of Proctor.But when Riss is fit and and you would hope re-introduced for Proctor then we would have that 0.46 back.

It will be his converted 2019 CL average, there’s no 2.5% reduction mid-season.

Just now, NeilWatson said:

It will be his converted 2019 CL average, there’s no 2.5% reduction mid-season.

Thanks,so that's a 7 then.

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

Thanks,so that's a 7 then.

7.19, as the change will use the 1st June green sheets rather than May.

6 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

7.19, as the change will use the 1st June green sheets rather than May.

Just seen the new GSA's on the Championship,still 7.19 average for a rider the calibre of Cook is excellent value i think.