British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

So pleased Cookie has landed up at Lynn, I honestly believe he will end up number 1 at Lynn. He will smoke Lambert!

Has Lynn ever done a full season without Lambert riding for them at some point 

1 minute ago, Phil The Ace said:

Has Lynn ever done a full season without Lambert riding for them at some point 

Quite a few it seems:

LAMBERT, Simon James
DATE OF BIRTH: 21 February 1989, Boston, Lincolnshire.
BRITISH CAREER: (2004) Boston, King’s Lynn II; (2005) Boston; (2006) King’s Lynn II, Boston; (2007) Boston; (2008) King’s Lynn, Boston; (2009) Scunthorpe, Scunthorpe II; (2010) Scunthorpe, King’s Lynn II, Sheffield; (2011) Sheffield, Stoke; (2012) Leicester; (2013) Rye House; (2014) Birmingham, King’s Lynn, Rye House, Workington, Kent; (2015) Leicester, Peterborough; (2016-18) King’s Lynn, Peterborough[; (2019) King’s Lynn, Newcastle.
CLUB HONOURS: Pairs Championship winner: 2007, 2008 [both Boston] and 2011 [Stoke]; Four-Team Championship winner: 2017 [Peterborough]; Knock-Out Cup winner: 2017 [Peterborough].

45 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

7.19, as the change will use the 1st June green sheets rather than May.

If that's the case it would leave 3.84 points to play with or converted Championship average of 5.76. There are so many better options than Simon Lambert!! Am I missing something??

Kyle Newman 5.71

Justin Sedgmen 5.70

Todd Kurtz 5.49

Joel Andersson 5.44

Fernando Garcia 5.20

James Sarjeant 4.88

2 minutes ago, The Stag said:

If that's the case it would leave 3.84 points to play with or converted Championship average of 5.76. There are so many better options than Simon Lambert!! Am I missing something??

Kyle Newman 5.71

Justin Sedgmen 5.70

Todd Kurtz 5.49

Joel Andersson 5.44

Fernando Garcia 5.20

James Sarjeant 4.88

It would cost a fortune in tapes with Sarjeant  :)

• Haha 5

Cook is an excellent signing and will have no difficulty improving on what is a ridiculous average of 7.19. I am pleased that he has got a PL team. I said when he signed for Peterborough that I thought he was going to have a good year and his form for Glasgow supports that. Even if he has a standard Stars race suit nobody will know who, if anybody, has backed down or whether a compromise was reached without knowing the financial details of Cook's contract.

Again the authorities failed to think through the affect of the new CL/PL conversion rate when applying it to riders with a 2018 PL average who didn't have a PL place.

• Like 1

The saying 'One swallow doesn't make a summer'  just about sums up the Stars acquisition of Cookie and their team strength situation.  So many variables  from so many riders its hard to get enthusiastic with the way they are performing.   The track is a nightmare, what was once regarded as one of the best, is now nothing but a gate and go enterprise.  

Cookie will be a welcome addition, but it wont cover up all the cracks at the club.   Looking at the lack of numbers on the terraces shows just how bad the fans are feeling....

33 minutes ago, g13webb said:

The saying 'One swallow doesn't make a summer'  just about sums up the Stars acquisition of Cookie and their team strength situation.  So many variables  from so many riders its hard to get enthusiastic with the way they are performing.   The track is a nightmare, what was once regarded as one of the best, is now nothing but a gate and go enterprise.  

Cookie will be a welcome addition, but it wont cover up all the cracks at the club.   Looking at the lack of numbers on the terraces shows just how bad the fans are feeling....

It’s obviously a step forward with the signing of Cook and I wish him well with the club . 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, g13webb said:

The track is a nightmare, what was once regarded as one of the best, is now nothing but a gate and go enterprise.  

Unbelievably so! Has Buster learnt anything from his apparent transformation of the Peterborough track recently? Is he using the same material there? If tracks can be transformed it's time Saddlebow Rd was blessed in the same way and the fans given much more on track excitement.

One wonders at the miraculous change of circumstances that now permit Cooke and Chapman to reach an understanding, when it was not possible with Panthers.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wealdstone said:

One wonders at the miraculous change of circumstances that now permit Cooke and Chapman to reach an understanding, when it was not possible with Panthers.

Perhaps it was the plan all along for Cook to cone to Lynn when averages fitted - when one man controls 3 clubs in a 7 team league  that’s more than possible it could have been the plan 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Haza, this is close to mutiny, such a suggestion! Don't you know that you have to "bleed" for the club?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Haza, this is close to mutiny, such a suggestion! Don't you know that you have to "bleed" for the club?

I appreciate the league would have folded without Buster intervention but it can’t be good for the sport in the long run - I just think Pboro original team with Harris and Cook would have walk the league then dump Harris to go to Ipswich and pboro then dump Cook to come to Lynn all Busters clubs - it stinks and in any other sport it not be allowed to happen.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It's going to fold even with Buster's intervention. And take a big chunk of his money ( or someones who eagerly backed him and can afford to lose big ).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Unbelievably so! Has Buster learnt anything from his apparent transformation of the Peterborough track recently? Is he using the same material there? If tracks can be transformed it's time Saddlebow Rd was blessed in the same way and the fans given much more on track excitement.

Yes, the track and racing at Peterborough is the best I can ever remember, and it would be fantastic if the same could happen at the AFA.