British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

2 hours ago, Haza said:

I appreciate the league would have folded without Buster intervention but it can’t be good for the sport in the long run - I just think Pboro original team with Harris and Cook would have walk the league then dump Harris to go to Ipswich and pboro then dump Cook to come to Lynn all Busters clubs - it stinks and in any other sport it not be allowed to happen.

Its great to see a Lynn fan who understands the crap that Panthers fans have been served up so far, it is wrong that one man basically controls three clubs and many of the permutations of manipulation of what could happen are starting to unfold slowly 

Theres Lynn fans on here moaning about the state of the AFA track  so the Lynn fan who loves to wind up the Panthers fans when they dare to mention the showground track will need to realise its a subject thats closer to home and has the same culprit.

The showground doesnt take a battering from stock cars every week so maybe thats why its been easier to put right the early season problems 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

I have not seen anywhere that Buster has sacked either  Cook or Harris from the riders or the press  

Maybe sacked isn't the term used but he certainly released Harris and declined to finalise Cook's deal after trying to enforce a clause that Cookie was not willing to accept.
Yes maybe Craig had negotiated things with the previous promoter and arguments can be put that he should never have been publicly named in the Panthers' starting line-up until the contract had been signed and accepted by the BSPA.

15 hours ago, CountyGround said:

Truth is someone is eating a rather large humble pie!

The Cookie Monster I would think?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mimmo said:

Yes, the track and racing at Peterborough is the best I can ever remember, and it would be fantastic if the same could happen at the AFA.

Can’t ever see it happening while stock cars are king at the AFA. It’s essentially a stock car stadium which holds occasional speedway meetings and the track and the material used on it reflects that. D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Haza, this is close to mutiny, such a suggestion! Don't you know that you have to "bleed" for the club?

All you have to do is pay your money, nothing else counts

2 hours ago, Ghosty said:

The Cookie Monster I would think?

Can't imagine that the Buster "Monster" would even contemplate a portion of humble pie. I am in the camp of those who believe it was a planned outcome all along ( since Buster took over the three clubs ).  Thus "The Monster Deal Maker" on the chessboard of UK speedway waves his wand.

• Like 1

Call me naive (somebody will I expect) but I don’t buy the Cook conspiracy theory at all. I think Buster would have been happier had Cook started the season with P’boro and if Lambert & Proctor had started this year as they finished last Lynn wouldn’t have fitted him in anyway. 

Buster is a businessman, teams losing at home are no good to him. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cinderfella said:

It would cost a fortune in tapes with Sarjeant  :)

He hasnt broke the tapes this season

The Stars averaged dropped my a point and a half for June so it allow enough room to fit Craig in. 

Lucky quirk of the fixtures that all their league meetings have been away. That heather is certainly doing the trick.   

• Like 1

Nice theory but the lack of a home league match is probably more to do with having to fit in three cup matches, a Premiership shield fixture and three bank holiday Monday stock car meetings before any Premiership matches. Apart from that I don’t believe Cook would be part of something like that which deliberately shafted a set of fans, to me he seems more principled than that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dorothy58 said:

He hasnt broke the tapes this season

Sssh Dorothy! We don't wan't any more of our riders doubling up!  :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Haza said:

I appreciate the league would have folded without Buster intervention but it can’t be good for the sport in the long run - I just think Pboro original team with Harris and Cook would have walk the league then dump Harris to go to Ipswich and pboro then dump Cook to come to Lynn all Busters clubs - it stinks and in any other sport it not be allowed to happen.

You are not alone in thinking it stinks. I really can't understand how anyone can be arsed attending when moves like this are afoot. On the other hand, Buster did save speedway, but with rules like this, you don't have to wonder too much why it needed saving.

If rules allow them to be manipulated so easily, what's the point in having rules? Cracking sport and spectacle, but the rules show its unsavoury side. Only takes so long for it to dawn on you.  

Edited by moxey63
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cinderfella said:

Sssh Dorothy! We don't wan't any more of our riders doubling up!  :)

Lol , yeah the risk of injury is higher but it makes them sharper. James is expecting a delivery of a new engine from Jason Doyle this week, so hopefully that will work for him as he has been down on power after blowing his best engine at Berwick.

6 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Can’t ever see it happening while stock cars are king at the AFA. It’s essentially a stock car stadium which holds occasional speedway meetings and the track and the material used on it reflects that. D

Probably so,  but the state of the track doesn't have to be so grippy.   I'm sure he could remove most of the top surface,. The slick conditions would create a far better spectacle then we usually witness.     I am of the feeling the track is grippy to give the home side a bigger advantage,  but the results is of no importance  if the fans stay at home...     I've always thought excitement is what keep the fans happy...  not bored with processional follow the leader...

• Like 3