British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

Rambo Lambo sacked by Championship Newcastle yet deemed good enough for Premier League Lynn.

• Haha 1

Riss named in GP qualifier on 8th June, wonder if he'll be fit by then and if so back in the team....and replacing who.....

3 hours ago, g13webb said:

Probably so,  but the state of the track doesn't have to be so grippy.   I'm sure he could remove most of the top surface,. The slick conditions would create a far better spectacle then we usually witness.     I am of the feeling the track is grippy to give the home side a bigger advantage,  but the results is of no importance  if the fans stay at home...     I've always thought excitement is what keep the fans happy...  not bored with processional follow the leader...

I don't know why they can't get on with a grippy track.Many fans enjoyed the days when we were in the old PL,and that was when the track was really grippy.Or was it enjoyed more because we won everything:rolleyes:

Edited by tellboy

37 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

Riss named in GP qualifier on 8th June, wonder if he'll be fit by then and if so back in the team....and replacing who.....

I would hope there will be 2 changes when Riss comes back.

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I would hope there will be 2 changes when Riss comes back.

Yeah good shout - you could replace the two Lamberts withe the two Riss brothers  ;)

41 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Yeah good shout - you could replace the two Lamberts withe the two Riss brothers  ;)

No,no.no just the one Lambert,you can take Simon up to your place:D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tellboy said:

I don't know why they can't get on with a grippy track.Many fans enjoyed the days when we were in the old PL,and that was when the track was really grippy.Or was it enjoyed more because we won everything:rolleyes:

You require a different skill to master a grippy track. (ask Holder and Batchelor about it :wink:)  Part of racing is to go looking for the dirt, to get the extra drive over your opponent. At Lynn, there is too much dirt and everyone finds the drive, hence follow the leader...      At other tracks, as the meeting progress, the dirt moves to the outside,  riders then moveout looking for that extra dividend.  As the meetings neared the end so the racing got more intense.   The spoils favoured the brave, those who are prepared to race the outside.    Unfortunately them days are long gone 

Comparing the old PL days is a bad comparison,   Most teams were beaten before the match had started and therefore most were runaway victories.  Cant remember many close meetings.  I always referred to us being a big fish in a little pond.  The concrete wall put a lot of riders off, that was probably a bigger factor than the track...    We won well, but it wasn't that exciting...  I blamed that period for the Stars losing a lot of their fans....

Spot on. Runaway victories every week. Don't know how we got away with the concrete wall just behind the boards.

I think the heavy nature of the dirt spraying from the wheel of the bloke in front, smacking you on the chest and arms and slowing you down doesn’t help either. When I’ve been recently there hasn’t seemed to be loads of dirt on but there doesn’t need to be for the stuff Buster uses to be grippy. Riders just get spread out far too quickly in races and usually that’s that.

The best meeting I can remember seeing in recent years was one at the end of the season against Coventry, the track was almost bare and riders didn’t have a clue where to ride to get grip. There was passing galore. 

The slicker the track the better the racing is at nesr all tracks. It's a bloody myth that grip gives good racing. Grip just makes the guys in front quicker meaning harder to pass  

Keep the track slick. Dont grade it till about heat 10 which allows a little dirt line out by the fence which then gives an extra racing line for the riders. 

But then I'm no track curator so probably talking bullcrap

• Like 3

My like was for the first two parts of your post and not the last bit Phil :D

Edited by Bagpuss

Does anyone know the suggested team riding order on Monday?

My view would be the following

1. Lambert (R)

2.Palm Toft

3. Proctor

4. Jorgensen

5. Cook

6. Kerr

7. Lambert (S)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, tellboy said:

No,no.no just the one Lambert,you can take Simon up to your place:D

I think Glasgow is one of the few clubs he hasn't ridden for (other than as a guest).

7 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

The slicker the track the better the racing is at nesr all tracks. It's a bloody myth that grip gives good racing. Grip just makes the guys in front quicker meaning harder to pass  

Keep the track slick. Dont grade it till about heat 10 which allows a little dirt line out by the fence which then gives an extra racing line for the riders. 

But then I'm no track curator so probably talking bullcrap

Think you are talking sense. 

Deep tracks, plenty of grip are a thing of memory; along with the great racing that often came with it.

What changed? The bikes (for the worse, in my opinion).

Buster should do a slick track and then sit back and watch the racing.

• Like 2