British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

With King's Lynn still under the points limit come June and i guess with Riss making a return at some point,who do people want to see Riss replace.I preferably would like to see him replace Proctor on current form.Doing this would allow Lynn to replace S.Lambert with a 4.3 averaged rider or if picking from the Championship a 6.45 rider.I really only see Etheridge or Starke that could really take his place.

I wonder if Riss might replace Kerr. Not my preference, Riss and Starke for Proctor and Lambert would be better. 

Can Riss even return? Last season there was a rule in place last season stopping this 

3 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Can Riss even return? Last season there was a rule in place last season stopping this 

No there wasn`t

From the rule-book.

16.3.2 A rider in a Team's declared 1 - 7 at the end of the previous season and not included in that Team’s new season’s initial declaration may not be subsequently re-introduced into that Team without the express permission of the Directors. 16.3.3 No Team changes will be allowed after 28th August with the effective date being 31st August, except for riders returning to the Team after injury who must re-take their position, dictated by their MA with their replacement being released. 16.3.4 The BSPA Directors monitor all proposed moves and have the sole responsibility to approve all (re-)Declared Team Line-Ups having been satisfied they are in the best interests of the sport.

So nothing about re-introducing a rider during the season- however the Directors could block it.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I wonder if Riss might replace Kerr. Not my preference, Riss and Starke for Proctor and Lambert would be better. 

Riss couldn't come in as a direct replacement for Kerr.

Alternatively we could keep Lambert,bring Douglas in for Kerr,heard he's pretty handy:unsure:,Riss in for Proctor and Iversen in for Jorgensen:).Sure that brings us to 42.44.How would that look.

1.Lambert

2.Riss

3.Iversen

4.Toft

5.Cook

6.Douglas

7.S.Lambert

C'mon Buster dig deep:D

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Alternatively we could keep Lambert,bring Douglas in for Kerr,heard he's pretty handy:unsure:,Riss in for Proctor and Iversen in for Jorgensen:).Sure that brings us to 42.44.How would that look.

1.Lambert

2.Riss

3.Iversen

4.Toft

5.Cook

6.Douglas

7.S.Lambert

I like the look of that :D, but NKI would miss a lot of meetings, I think I read somewhere around 8 meetings. Great looking team though :t: 

Edited by Bald Bloke

12 hours ago, tellboy said:

1.Lambert

2.Riss

3.Iversen

4.Toft

5.Cook

6.Douglas

7.S.Lambert

Now that is what I call a team !! 

Mr Thrower the team managers job awaits  you ! 

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 8:20 AM, Phil The Ace said:

The slicker the track the better the racing is at nesr all tracks. It's a bloody myth that grip gives good racing. Grip just makes the guys in front quicker meaning harder to pass  

Keep the track slick. Dont grade it till about heat 10 which allows a little dirt line out by the fence which then gives an extra racing line for the riders. 

But then I'm no track curator so probably talking bullcrap

Not too sure about the slicker the better - we don't want them bald.

Having said that, the NSS was somewhat dry, pretty slick and slightly dusty last Monday and we had a cracker of a meeting, easily the best I have seen anywhere this season.

Not 'bullcrap' at all, then :D:approve:

1 hour ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Not too sure about the slicker the better - we don't want them bald.

Those of Buster's disciples who are still able to shout into his ear ( and who then might be heard faintly ), please continue with this mantra. Anything to improve the quality of racing at Saddlebow Rd is most welcome.

Is Robin Brundle still involved with the club ? I’ve not heard his name mentioned for ages 

14 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I like the look of that :D, but NKI would miss a lot of meetings, I think I read somewhere around 8 meetings. Great looking team though :t: 

Why would NKI miss 8 matches? 

Thought the reason for moving to Monday and Thursday stopped international clashes?

9 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

Why would NKI miss 8 matches? 

Thought the reason for moving to Monday and Thursday stopped international clashes?

Sweden on Thursdays?

Robin Brundle is talking to the Lynn News in the latest issue  So must be still part of Lynn.    Very good article  and explains a lot off what they hope to do in the near future.

Edited by John Scrutton

29 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

Robin Brundle is talking to the Lynn News in the latest issue  So must be still part of Lynn.    Very good article  and explains a lot off what they hope to do in the near future.

Thanks - just hadn’t heard him mentioned recently