British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

Whats the rule about reintroducing a rider  who was injured eg Riss? Doesn't he have to replace the rider who replaced him?  Or did KL redeclare and will have to redeclare again?

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

Or fewer blobs on the programme from elsewhere in the team. There were far too many last places.

Indeed. Nine race wins but twelve lasts. 

Disappointing, we were so happy to be in the mix with only really 3 riders firing, although, of course, every point counts. There was hardly any racing, the Ipswich boys could make no inroads into ours and vice versa. We had 2/4 gates in the last two which didn't help but we chose them in the last heat, wrong!!

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Whats the rule about reintroducing a rider  who was injured eg Riss? Doesn't he have to replace the rider who replaced him?  Or did KL redeclare and will have to redeclare again?

Riss was replaced with a rider with a higher average which is why Simon Lambert had to come in so presumably they had to re-declare.

As far as I'm aware, Ty still has a higher rolling average then Erik so he could be replaced that way , hopefully leaving enough spare to get a half decent No 7

• Like 1

Stars need Riss back and Ty has to the one to go. He has been far from impressive this year and, to be honest, I thought he was a weak link in 2018.

10 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Stars need Riss back and Ty has to the one to go. He has been far from impressive this year and, to be honest, I thought he was a weak link in 2018.

I think I described his signing as awful eighteen months ago but to be fair he had a good season last year but has been pretty woeful this time round. 

Edited by Bagpuss

10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think I described his signing as awful eighteen months ago but to be fair he had a good season last year but has been pretty woeful this time round. 

For me, Ty was passed far too often down the back straight at Lynn when he had his nose in front. I would not have gone to as many meetings as you but it was a feeling that made me uneasy about him when he was touted as a possible for the Eagles in 2019.

To be fair he had a good 2018, but was a bit of a worry this season on around a 6.70 average.

So far this season he has averaged 4.62 :blink:

5 hours ago, castrolargh said:

As far as I'm aware, Ty still has a higher rolling average then Erik so he could be replaced that way , hopefully leaving enough spare to get a half decent No 7

You are correct Riss could come in straight away to replace Ty.But come July his average will be above Ty's as long as the website has their averages correct.

The way i am looking at it i really hope they will fit both Riss and Douglas in the team for Proctor and S.Lambert.But for this to happen they have to be quite clever,that's as long as i am working with the correct averages from the Lynn and Leicester websites.

We only have one league match left in June,if you bring back Riss for Proctor for this then you can't get Douglas in not even in July.You could stay with Proctor for this one or Bring in Douglas for him.If you went for that then on the 1st of July you could bring in Riss for S.Lambert.This is how i worked it out using the respective teams websites for the averages.Although last month one or two averages were slightly different to that of the BSPA website.

As you can see i want Douglas in,but if they did get Riss in straight away there would definitely be better alternatives to Lambert at reserve.

• Like 1

Proctor notched just 3 points for Sheffield last night at Scunthorpe.  Don’t see where it’s going for him these days.

Ryan Douglas notched 8 from 3 completed rides in the same meeting.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2019 at 8:04 PM, tellboy said:

You are correct Riss could come in straight away to replace Ty.But come July his average will be above Ty's as long as the website has their averages correct.

The way i am looking at it i really hope they will fit both Riss and Douglas in the team for Proctor and S.Lambert.But for this to happen they have to be quite clever,that's as long as i am working with the correct averages from the Lynn and Leicester websites.

We only have one league match left in June,if you bring back Riss for Proctor for this then you can't get Douglas in not even in July.You could stay with Proctor for this one or Bring in Douglas for him.If you went for that then on the 1st of July you could bring in Riss for S.Lambert.This is how i worked it out using the respective teams websites for the averages.Although last month one or two averages were slightly different to that of the BSPA website.

As you can see i want Douglas in,but if they did get Riss in straight away there would definitely be better alternatives to Lambert at reserve.

If my sums are correct using the Rolling Averages GSA figures on BSPA website you can't fit Riss and Douglas in for Proctor and S Lambert. In June you have 0.84 + 6.29 + 3.00 = 10.13 ( 5.83 + 4.65 = 10.48). In July you will have 1.03 + 5.74 + 3.34 = 10.11 (5.83 + 4.96 = 10.79)

I don't like this chopping and changing. We use to have a team that lasted the season, no we didn't win anything ,   but it was our team we could relate with.    I always frown at other clubs who chopped and changed to get the upper hand and thought it was wrong they could do that.    But it now appears we are doing the same thing. 

Its little wonder the fans are staying away,  How can you have a connection with a team when it changes every month....

53 minutes ago, 2ndbend said:

If my sums are correct using the Rolling Averages GSA figures on BSPA website you can't fit Riss and Douglas in for Proctor and S Lambert. In June you have 0.84 + 6.29 + 3.00 = 10.13 ( 5.83 + 4.65 = 10.48). In July you will have 1.03 + 5.74 + 3.34 = 10.11 (5.83 + 4.96 = 10.79)

This is why i said the only way to get both in is,Douglas for Proctor now or before the end of June.Douglas will then be on 4.65.Then in July the team average will be 39.83.So 2.67+3.34=6.01 you can easily get Riss in for Lambert.You have to get rid of Proctor while he's on his June average and bring in Douglas while he's on his June average to make it work.

37 minutes ago, tellboy said:

This is why i said the only way to get both in is,Douglas for Proctor now or before the end of June.Douglas will then be on 4.65.Then in July the team average will be 39.83.So 2.67+3.34=6.01 you can easily get Riss in for Lambert.You have to get rid of Proctor while he's on his June average and bring in Douglas while he's on his June average to make it work.

This is one area that really boils my pi$$

The gerrymandering around team changes linked to timing of average changes

IMO if a change is made then the rolling average for the rider/s being replaced (and indeed coming in) should be updated at the date of the switch rather than use the out of date (albeit only by a few meetings) last months rolling average

Too many times teams make changes at the end of a month to be within the limit only to be a point or two over come the 1st of the month without even riding another meeting

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Like 3