British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

4 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

This is one area that really boils my pi$$

The gerrymandering around team changes linked to timing of average changes

IMO if a change is made then the rolling average for the rider/s being replaced (and indeed coming in) should be updated at the date of the switch rather than use the out of date (albeit only by a few meetings) last months rolling average

Too many times teams make changes at the end of a month to be within the limit only to be a point or two over come the 1st of the month without even riding another meeting

Totally agree,i was just saying the way Lynn have to do it within the current rules.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

Totally agree,i was just saying the way Lynn have to do it within the current rules.

Appreciate that Tell

3 hours ago, g13webb said:

I don't like this chopping and changing. We use to have a team that lasted the season, no we didn't win anything ,   but it was our team we could relate with.    I always frown at other clubs who chopped and changed to get the upper hand and thought it was wrong they could do that.    But it now appears we are doing the same thing. 

Its little wonder the fans are staying away,  How can you have a connection with a team when it changes every month....

In a way I agree with you as the amount of changes Poole for example have made in recent years is ridiculous but for Lynn this year no more changes means no away wins, probably a home defeat or two and no Play Offs. I’m sure the vast majority of us would prefer to see us at least have a go at getting fourth. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

In a way I agree with you as the amount of changes Poole for example have made in recent years is ridiculous but for Lynn this year no more changes means no away wins, probably a home defeat or two and no Play Offs. I’m sure the vast majority of us would prefer to see us at least have a go at getting fourth. 

Never mind about having a go at getting fourth, I want to see us have a go at getting to the top of the league.

38 minutes ago, mrss said:

Never mind about having a go at getting fourth, I want to see us have a go at getting to the top of the league.

Good luck with that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mrss said:

We did that last year........And still ended up 2nd....A top 4 spot is a realistic target and then try and do a Poole special in the play-offs....With the right team changes, its very acheivable......:)

I seem to recall back in the day Lynn got rid of Gary Middleton, Oily Nygren and Trevor Hedge in one season.  Think it was the same season that Micheal Lee made his debut when doubling with Boston.

Edited by semion

10 hours ago, tellboy said:

This is why i said the only way to get both in is,Douglas for Proctor now or before the end of June.Douglas will then be on 4.65.Then in July the team average will be 39.83.So 2.67+3.34=6.01 you can easily get Riss in for Lambert.You have to get rid of Proctor while he's on his June average and bring in Douglas while he's on his June average to make it work.

Nice work Tell. Get on the blower !! ;)

7 hours ago, semion said:

I seem to recall back in the day Lynn got rid of Gary Middleton, Oily Nygren and Trevor Hedge in one season.  Think it was the same season that Micheal Lee made his debut when doubling with Boston.

Good Friday,  1975  Lee made his debut for the Stars because two riders fail to arrive,   but Lynn didn't get rid of Gary Middleton nor Trevor hedge until the end of that season.   both rode a full season for the Stars and were released  at the end of 75.   Ollie Nygren was only employed as a temperpory rider to cover for the injured Eddie Reeves .

At the end of the day, the Stars nearly done what they have been trying to do for over 50 years, in 2018.. Topped the league, and was unlucky with late injuries.

Buster said he was going all out to go one better in 2019.. Then he bought 2 more clubs and his beloved Stars came to the back of the cue.

And that's where we are.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Good Friday,  1975  Lee made his debut for the Stars because two riders fail to arrive,   but Lynn didn't get rid of Gary Middleton nor Trevor hedge until the end of that season.   both rode a full season for the Stars and were released  at the end of 75.   Ollie Nygren was only employed as a temperpory rider to cover for the injured Eddie Reeves .

Lee made his debut against Leicester  then rode for the rest of the season, so who did he replace ?  Also didn’t The Magdalen Maestro come in that season as well ?  Will check the record book when I’m back home.

I also seem to recall on another occasion Carl Glover came in late one season to replace, was it Paul Tyler for the K.O. Cup final ?

Edited by semion

6 hours ago, semion said:

Lee made his debut against Leicester  then rode for the rest of the season, so who did he replace ?  Also didn’t The Magdalen Maestro come in that season as well ?  Will check the record book when I’m back home.

I also seem to recall on another occasion Carl Glover came in late one season to replace, was it Paul Tyler for the K.O. Cup final ?

Right or wrong, I always thought of Boston as Lynn's reserve team, as so many of the riders were signed up for both teams.. When I made the comment about team changes during the year I wasn't including Boston riders for that reason.  Gagan, Hollingworth, Bales, Glover, Burton, Smith, all fell into that category..

When you played Football Webbo, did they move the goalposts for you ?;):D

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

At the end of the day, the Stars nearly done what they have been trying to do for over 50 years, in 2018.. Topped the league, and was unlucky with late injuries.

Buster said he was going all out to go one better in 2019.. Then he bought 2 more clubs and his beloved Stars came to the back of the cue.

And that's where we are.

You keep coming out with this back of the queue thing but I just don’t think it’s true.....from the word go pretty much everybody predicted Ipswich would finish bottom of the pile and also that Peterborough would join them once Harris and Cook had been removed. Lynn were widely thought to be the strongest of the three in paper albeit also not in the Play Offs. Also Cook has ended up at Lynn rather than one of the other two. 

I would agree though that spreading his resources three ways has impacted what he could spend on Lynn’s team, although it’s pretty certain there would be no Premiership if he hadn’t.