British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

it’s pretty certain there would be no Premiership if he hadn’t. 

Would that have been such a bad thing? It seems inevitable. When not if. And the TV "advert" ( of BT live matches ) provides more of a disincentive to go and watch a match in a stadium near you. If it goes on next year it would be better to show every team in their away match at the NSS, in order for it to tempt any new fans in.

10 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Would that have been such a bad thing? It seems inevitable. When not if. And the TV "advert" ( of BT live matches ) provides more of a disincentive to go and watch a match in a stadium near you. If it goes on next year it would be better to show every team in their away match at the NSS, in order for it to tempt any new fans in.

If one big league could be done properly I think that would be great for British speedway, unfortunately I think the financial disparity between the haves and the have not means that there would be enormous gulfs between teams and it would be a very lopsided league. It would need to be done much, much better than 1995 that’s for sure. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, semion said:

When you played Football Webbo, did they move the goalposts for you ?;):D

Yeah,  I can see where you're coming from,  but Lynn use to use them as make-shift replacements on the cheap, not to the point of making the team stronger. The majority of those were Lynn assets anyway so it made sense to use what you had.    So the Goalposts didn't really move from that first comment.. .:wink: 

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

It would need to be done much, much better than 1995 that’s for sure. 

There is little guarantee that that would happen as the same "Senior Figures of UK Speedway" are still in charge of policy. Not that we can see any positive results from their policies of the last few years. We can only pray that better,. more interesting and attractive speedway racing does survive in the UK. Even if Buster bought "the Jewson lot" it is likely he would "manage" it all as he does now. 

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

You keep coming out with this back of the queue thing but I just don’t think it’s true.....from the word go pretty much everybody predicted Ipswich would finish bottom of the pile and also that Peterborough would join them once Harris and Cook had been removed. Lynn were widely thought to be the strongest of the three in paper albeit also not in the Play Offs. Also Cook has ended up at Lynn rather than one of the other two. 

I would agree though that spreading his resources three ways has impacted what he could spend on Lynn’s team, although it’s pretty certain there would be no Premiership if he hadn’t. 

Maybe back of the queue isn't the right word Baggy. I don't think  Lynn would of started this season without back up for Robert if Buster had not bought the other 2 clubs.

It must of affected what team he put together at Lynn, as you agreed, that's for sure.

I know there wouldn't be Prem speedway if he didn't buy the others, and had to share out 21 riders. I have stuck up for him on the Panthers threads for trying to save the league, when some Panthers fans have moaned about him and their team, although doing far better than the Stars so far. It just frustrates me after last season's efforts and a promise to try and go one better in 2019. That's all :t:

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

If one big league could be done properly I think that would be great for British speedway, unfortunately I think the financial disparity between the haves and the have not means that there would be enormous gulfs between teams and it would be a very lopsided league. It would need to be done much, much better than 1995 that’s for sure. 

Well there wouldn’t be as bigger gap between the haves and the have nots as there was in 1995 as most of the top riders have turned there back on the UK - Lambert could well do that next season if he gains a permanent GP place and take Doyle away as well it’s the championship in all but name any way - the downside to one big league will be not enough meetings for some riders - Buster with out doubt saved the PL this season and saved the TV contract with BT but from what I’ve witnessed it’s more likely to put fans off going other than meetings from the NSS the meetings have been poor . 

I see Broc Nicol was practising after the meeting tonight is he looking to stake a team place I wonder ???

9 minutes ago, lynnboy said:

I see Broc Nicol was practising after the meeting tonight is he looking to stake a team place I wonder ???

I take it with him still on a 4pt average in the Championship he would come in on a 3pt average in the PL.That's indeed if Lynn are looking at him.But i did see him practicing,needs to keep his front wheel down though it will be grippier at ht 2 rather than after the meeting.

22 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I take it with him still on a 4pt average in the Championship he would come in on a 3pt average in the PL.That's indeed if Lynn are looking at him.But i did see him practicing,needs to keep his front wheel down though it will be grippier at ht 2 rather than after the meeting.

He cant ride in the Premiership until he has a real average of at least 4.5 in the Championship

It would then also depend on his visa status as to whether he could double up

10 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

He cant ride in the Premiership until he has a real average of at least 4.5 in the Championship

It would then also depend on his visa status as to whether he could double up

If that's the case he can't ride for us then.According to the Sheffield website he has a rolling average from 20 matches of 4.34 so assume that will start on the 1st of July.Or a 4.94 from 12 matches for 2019,which average will they use if he was to make the step up:unsure:.Still much prefer Douglas anyway.

Edit: Having just read my programme from last night,it appears there will be a couple of changes on the way.

Edited by tellboy

If Broc Nicol is the new rider wit Riss coming back. Either it's got to be for kerr and s.lambert or we are 1.34 under the limit if averages are right on kl website, or there is more than 2 changes.

1. Robert Lambert 8.07

2.MPT 5.77

3. Kasper Wornya 6.30

4. Erik Riss 5.83

5. Craig Cook 7.78

6. Thomas Jorgensen 5.59

7. Broc Nicol 3.00

Has the rule for a non Britush rider not being able to have an average under 4 been dropped???

Back in the day you started and ended with same team. Will be sad to see any of the Stars go.

37 minutes ago, 1984Star said:

If Broc Nicol is the new rider wit Riss coming back. Either it's got to be for kerr and s.lambert or we are 1.34 under the limit if averages are right on kl website, or there is more than 2 changes.

1. Robert Lambert 8.07

2.MPT 5.77

3. Kasper Wornya 6.30

4. Erik Riss 5.83

5. Craig Cook 7.78

6. Thomas Jorgensen 5.59

7. Broc Nicol 3.00

Not sure if Nicol is eligible, as Taps questioned. I would be very surprised if Woryna arrived as well. Likely to be expensive I would of thought.

Just been told Broc will be a 4 big gamble if you ask me so Broc for s.lambert and Riss for Proctor is my guess.