British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

Great to have Nick back make us so much stronger .

5 hours ago, semion said:

Porsing at Reserve, no one can complain about that.  How’s he been doing in other Countries ?

Did he ever get the bike back that was stolen ?

I'm sure someone will come along to complain,there's always one.

I'm very happy with the signing,on his day he is capable of double figures and beating anyone.He does have some duffers but hopefully with what DWP has said he is well prepared to get us into the play-offs.Although that will be very tough from now in our position.

I feel that the Lynn management could have acted a bit earlier though,as soon as Nicol was injured they should have contacted Porsing or another maybe.Maybe they did and they  couldn't come at that time.In our last 2 away meetings we would have got a couple of points had we got a no7 who only had to get a couple of points.

Anyway welcome back Niklas nice to see you back at Lynn again.

1 hour ago, Greg said:

Great to have Nick back make us so much stronger .

Yes good move to get Nick back, I feel confident we can now make the top four and if we do we will have a good a chance of anyone to take the title. 

If you look at the plus and minus situation regards the teams (ie plus 4 for an away win and minus 3 for a home loss etc)

Poole + 12

Ipswich + 11

Belle Vue + 4

Kings' Lynn + 1

Swindon 0

Wolverhampton - 3

Peterborough - 10

Based on the above table we are currently fourth (however a long way to go yet)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DWP said:

Just to confirm doing rest of the season at Lynn. Can be at No. 7 until end of August. Bringing 3 bikes plus 4 engines plus Polish mechanic. (No GTR door stop - lol) had good season with Wilki Krosno. Last home meeting broke the track record there in 68.32secs 410m Poland’s longest track. Really looking forward to the rest of season at Lynn and to try to make playoffs. Been asked by a number of teams if he wishes to double up, but has refused all offers as wants to concentrate on Lynn. Hope this gives you info you wanted. See you 25th July 

He'll be WELL set up David, should and will make a big difference!!

7 hours ago, semion said:

DWP.  As they say the proof of the pudding and all that.  Fingers crossed for 3rd time lucky, though this time he is down at Reserve.   So every chance this time

Unfortunately the track is still the same and that's what he struggles with.

8 hours ago, DWP said:

Just to confirm doing rest of the season at Lynn. Can be at No. 7 until end of August. Bringing 3 bikes plus 4 engines plus Polish mechanic. (No GTR door stop - lol) had good season with Wilki Krosno. Last home meeting broke the track record there in 68.32secs 410m Poland’s longest track. Really looking forward to the rest of season at Lynn and to try to make playoffs. Been asked by a number of teams if he wishes to double up, but has refused all offers as wants to concentrate on Lynn. Hope this gives you info you wanted. See you 25th July 

Sounds like he is going to be well prepared :t:

Part of me is pleased that Porsing  is coming back. Always thought he was a rider who had so much to give.  Unfortunate, his form was too erratic, and his  his good scores were as frequent as his bad ones were..     Cant help thinking this has come too late to rescue the season and should have been explored months ago..  

I would be much more excited if they announced we were getting a new track man,  who has been given a free hand to produce decent track.   Where once we use to be ultra keen  for the next meeting to come round, now we look for any excuse not to go,  cause we are so fed up watching  drab processional races...... 

Will he ever learn......

• Like 3

11 hours ago, g13webb said:

I would be much more excited if they announced we were getting a new track man,  who has been given a free hand to produce decent track.   Where once we use to be ultra keen  for the next meeting to come round, now we look for any excuse not to go,  cause we are so fed up watching  drab processional races...... 

Oh So would I Mr Webb. You hit the nail on the head regarding the way I feel. Why go to watch a dire match at the AFA when there is an equally dire match live on TV at another equally, poorly prepared track?

11 hours ago, g13webb said:

Will he ever learn......

No. Zero chance of that.

1 hour ago, John Scrutton said:

Nice to see Dale Allitt about again and also helping out  always did think he had a lot to do with our success last season.

100%

Any up to date news on Lambo. I didn't watch the SON today, so would have missed any updates on him. I know he withdrew.

36 minutes ago, The Stag said:

Broken wrist for Cook then! :(

Interestingly he's having it strapped so he can ride for Glasgow tomorrow,  hopefully he doesn't injure it more so he can't ride for you :rolleyes: