British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

6 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Sorry but that’s honest STR. Where have I said I don’t respect him? I’ve never been able to achieve a fraction of what any of the guys have achieved in any of the 3 leagues so have huge respect for any rider who is able to make a go of it.

It was a glib swipe at a rider replacing the best British rider in our league that maybe has underachieved in his career but has done little in the top flight. That is pretty much true however.

But last night showed the guy still entertains Steve and that is what he is about now .If anything Steve last night showed me where we are in the Premiership it is what it is but without Woffinden( who could not be bothered to enter) the riders were close together.After heat 12 we were entertained to some great racing and Charles Wright was superb pleased for him as well.I first see Charles ride at Buxton in 2004 against the Swindon Sprockets and look how far he has come a great story and must give other riders inspiration to keep going.The race with Eddie Kennett riding ride and heat 16 with the terrific Danny Ayres scrapping it out with Auty was the highlight for me a good night overall it shows riders of similar ability can still make for a good meeting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

But last night showed the guy still entertains Steve and that is what he is about now .If anything Steve last night showed me where we are in the Premiership it is what it is but without Woffinden( who could not be bothered to enter) the riders were close together.After heat 12 we were entertained to some great racing and Charles Wright was superb pleased for him as well.I first see Charles ride at Buxton in 2004 against the Swindon Sprockets and look how far he has come a great story and must give other riders inspiration to keep going.The race with Eddie Kennett riding ride and heat 16 with the terrific Danny Ayres scrapping it out with Auty was the highlight for me a good night overall it shows riders of similar ability can still make for a good meeting.

I think you're missing the most  important part.    I think the majority of riders in the Premiership are of similar quality,  but the difference being the tracks they are ask to race on.  It was wonderful last night to see exciting races from  many of the riders, but that can only be achieved when the track  is prepared in the proper way.    Surely this should be a wake call to the promoters of all our clubs,  but I bet it isn't.     

Congratulation to Charles Wright, a most deserved winner on the night.      Especially after the Ref made that monumental error excluding him.    Apart from that he was only beaten once all-night.   

• Like 1

Picking up on what Woffy said about the length of time Robert needs to fully recover , I wouldn't surprise me to see him take a long lay off .   It would be pointless to rush back when he has a long time ahead of him to race.     If this is not done properly, he could be handicapped for years....      Woffy was even questioning  his readiness for the British GP at Cardiff.   So bearing in mind the amount of time Woffy has already missed plus the 2 months before the BGP,    This injury could be the last we see of Robert this year....   :(

10 minutes ago, g13webb said:

I think you're missing the most  important part.    I think the majority of riders in the Premiership are of similar quality,  but the difference being the tracks they are ask to race on.  It was wonderful last night to see exciting races from  many of the riders, but that can only be achieved when the track  is prepared in the proper way.    Surely this should be a wake call to the promoters of all our clubs,  but I bet it isn't.     

Congratulation to Charles Wright, a most deserved winner on the night.      Especially after the Ref made that monumental error excluding him.    Apart from that he was only beaten once all-night.   

Last night great racing on great race track- get the track right that’s what you get - sadly most BT league meetings are one big bore fest - there is absolutely no reason why Kings Lynn couldn’t produce racing like last night given the will that is to use proper shale rather than dirt.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Odviously you are totally gutted that your track seems to have hit rock bottom entertainment wise and you have a great point with the standard of racetrack's.Our club has really made an effort to get the track right and i have enjoyed the racing there this year apart from the Peterborough tv meeting it has been decent .Belle Vue there track takes it to another level and how i would love to watch racing there with the aces/ colts on a regular basis what a treat that would be.Last night's meeting showed us the product is still there but yes you need a decent track to ride on and certain tracks ( Poole) need to raise there game.Going back to King's Lynn would changing the shale make a huge difference to the racing there.??

14 minutes ago, g13webb said:

It was wonderful last night to see exciting races from  many of the riders, but that can only be achieved when the track  is prepared in the proper way.    Surely this should be a wake call to the promoters of all our clubs,  but I bet it isn't.     

Certainly, it won't be at the AFA, you can be sure of that. Buster has spent years building up his expertise and you can see the result of his skill in the racing there. Especially when it is on live TV for thousands to see. 

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Haven’t watched the meeting yet but the NSS provides great racing so I’m delighted to hear it delivered. And the field was a pretty level playing field with Robert and Tai not riding.

My point remains that without our top 2 riding it’s hardly going to get the public turning out in big numbers for what should be a showcase event. Thankfully if any track can boost the status of an event it’s the NSS so it’s great news that the racing was fitting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Haven’t watched the meeting yet but the NSS provides great racing so I’m delighted to hear it delivered. And the field was a pretty level playing field with Robert and Tai not riding.

My point remains that without our top 2 riding it’s hardly going to get the public turning out in big numbers for what should be a showcase event. Thankfully if any track can boost the status of an event it’s the NSS so it’s great news that the racing was fitting.

It was announced that the attendance was the best for a British Final since its been at the NSS.  Certainly looked like it too!  Plenty of fans from around the country .

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

It was announced that the attendance was the best for a British Final since its been at the NSS.  Certainly looked like it too!  Plenty of fans from around the country .

Good news then. I guess if any track can make an event work it’s the NSS. Long may that continue.

5 hours ago, Haza said:

Last night great racing on great race track- get the track right that’s what you get - sadly most BT league meetings are one big bore fest - there is absolutely no reason why Kings Lynn couldn’t produce racing like last night given the will that is to use proper shale rather than dirt.

I don't think Lynn could really ever produce racing like at the NSS.Even if it was prepared exactly the same.The NSS has wonderful banking and is so wide it's a wonderful track to have.Lynn has never been as good as the NSS,it's been good but not that good.

Belle Vue were very lucky to be able to build it how they wanted and had an ex rider to plan it for them   unfortunately most track have to play second fiddle to    greyhounds which doesn't

help  they  can't do what would improve the racing

11 hours ago, Haza said:

:t:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Crumpet77 said:

Can't comprehend what you mean, would you care to explain that comment ? 

Probably using the wrong wording,    What I was trying to say ,   If Lambert  don't allow the injury to fully repair it could hinder his process for years to come...

• Like 2

And that is why Tai is being careful and cautious over his own similar injury recovery, May not even be ready for the British G.P. And that is nearly another two months.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

And that is why Tai is being careful and cautious over his own similar injury recovery, May not even be ready for the British G.P. And that is nearly another two months.

If this means that Robert could miss the next 2/3 months of the season, then it would be more sensible to take the rest of the year off for a complete rest and make a fresh start next year...

• Like 2