British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

It's about time the Stars management gave the fans some news on Roberts injury, how long he is likely to be out ,and what there plan is.

He has said himself he doesn’t know how long he’ll be out so I don’t expect Lynn to put a time frame on it. I can’t imagine we’ll hear anything until the preview for the next meeting ie over the weekend.

Pretty sure it’ll be guests, on Monday it’s Poole, Swindon & P’boro not riding so possibly somebody like Holder or Tungate. Whoever it is has massive boots to fill. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

He has said himself he doesn’t know how long he’ll be out so I don’t expect Lynn to put a time frame on it. I can’t imagine we’ll hear anything until the preview for the next meeting ie over the weekend.

Pretty sure it’ll be guests, on Monday it’s Poole, Swindon & P’boro not riding so possibly somebody like Holder or Tungate. Whoever it is has massive boots to fill. 

You may get an idea on Saturday as he's supposed to be in the GP

Big season this for Robert to have it end this early( if it goes that way)

Grand Prix, chance to nick a place or at least make an impression for a Wild Card. Have to wonder with Tai  certain to get one of the Wild Cards whether one  will then be offered to another Brit.  Also GP qualifiers will be missed.  So that could be a massive set back.

Chance to cement his future in the Polish League and the Clubs in Sweden to reevaluate Robert for next season.

Big knock on affect to Kings Lynn as well.

No such thing as a good time to get an injury but this seems a real bad time to cop one. 

1 hour ago, semion said:

Big season this for Robert to have it end this early( if it goes that way)

Grand Prix, chance to nick a place or at least make an impression for a Wild Card. Have to wonder with Tai  certain to get one of the Wild Cards whether one  will then be offered to another Brit.  Also GP qualifiers will be missed.  So that could be a massive set back.

Chance to cement his future in the Polish League and the Clubs in Sweden to reevaluate Robert for next season.

Big knock on affect to Kings Lynn as well.

No such thing as a good time to get an injury but this seems a real bad time to cop one. 

GP wildcard guaranteed for Greg Hancock aswell I would think, if he decides to carry on next year

The 3rd one probably Max Fricke, if he doesn't qualify automatically. More points than Lambert from 1 less GP.

Edited by Call me wolfie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

GP wildcard guaranteed for Greg Hancock aswell I would think, if he decides to carry on next year

The 3rd one probably Max Fricke, if he doesn't qualify automatically. More points than Lambert from 1 less GP.

Think it’s fair to say that Hancock and Woffy are guaranteed 2 picks. Don’t think Lambert will get in yet, a season too soon I reckon but Fricke maybe so. Although it could depend who misses out from the top 8 too.

So with all the shananigans at Eastbourne last night lets hope any punishment that Cook rightly receives, doesn't kick in til after Monday's meeting v Ipswich, especially as Lambert is already missing from that one!

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

So with all the shananigans at Eastbourne last night lets hope any punishment that Cook rightly receives, doesn't kick in til after Monday's meeting v Ipswich, especially as Lambert is already missing from that one!

The Massif will give him a suitable reception..... :lol:

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Hopefully the Chairman of the BSPA will give him his P45 for bringing both the sport and KL into disrepute...

1 hour ago, Aviator said:

Hopefully the Chairman of the BSPA will give him his P45 for bringing both the sport and KL into disrepute...

He did it with Chris Holder so no reason why Cook shouldn't be treated at least the same!!!!

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

He did it with Chris Holder so no reason why Cook shouldn't be treated at least the same!!!!

I think the sacking of Holder was more to do with what Holder called Chapman than anything else.

2 hours ago, Aviator said:

He was representing Glasgow at the time not KL.  Were you at the Eastbourne meeting? Yet you have decided he is guilty :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

He was representing Glasgow at the time not KL.  Were you at the Eastbourne meeting? Yet you have decided he is guilty :rolleyes:

A rider represents whoever he is under contract to. In this case I believe the rider is under contract to two clubs and is therefore an “ambassador” to both of those clubs no matter who he happens to be riding for on a particular night!! If I were the chairman of the BSPA I would not want an “ambassador” who behaves in this manner working in the sport for which I am responsible and, certainly not riding for one of my clubs!!! 

19 minutes ago, Aviator said:

A rider represents whoever he is under contract to. In this case I believe the rider is under contract to two clubs and is therefore an “ambassador” to both of those clubs no matter who he happens to be riding for on a particular night!! If I were the chairman of the BSPA I would not want an “ambassador” who behaves in this manner working in the sport for which I am responsible and, certainly not riding for one of my clubs!!! 

Again - you have him “convicted” having not witnessed anything yourself :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steve0 said:

Again - you have him “convicted” having not witnessed anything yourself :rolleyes:

Are you saying then that he didn’t behave as has been witnessed by those at Arlington? Were you there?

• Like 1