British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

He did it with Chris Holder so no reason why Cook shouldn't be treated at least the same!!!!

Ahhhh, so now we are getting to the bottom of why you keep running on about it. 

Well, the matter is being investigated by the SCB, who have requested witness statements from various people so if there's any truth in it Cook will be in serious trouble I would think

20 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Again - you have him “convicted” having not witnessed anything yourself :rolleyes:

I was there.  He's snookered unless there is some dodgy goings on behind the scenes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlackPanther said:

As Del Boy would say Lovely Jubbly. Hopefully the BSPA will throw the book at Cook and he gets banned for a couple of years. 

no fan of cook but he looks like he didn't see the flagman and what kind of bloke walks straight in front of cook when cook wasn't looking at him

Well that’s not half as bad as described on the meeting thread. 

19 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Its clear the Marshall walks into Craig and it looks like more of a shoulder shove than an alleged head butt, still should not have happened though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, hans fan said:

no fan of cook but he looks like he didn't see the flagman and what kind of bloke walks straight in front of cook when cook wasn't looking at him

Looked like Cook saw the flag man late and didn't have time to react. Hard to say from the vid.He was only doing 10mph. If I were that bloke I would have moved  way before then. The bloke must of seen and heard the riders coming. Looked 50/50 to me. But the headbutt/ shoulder barge what ever it was,  was way out of order. 

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tigeratheart said:

Its clear the Marshall walks into Craig and it looks like more of a shoulder shove than an alleged head butt, still should not have happened though.

You must be kidding right ? Typical of society these days. Just face up to it he clearly head butts him no alleged here.

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Well that’s not half as bad as described on the meeting thread. 

It did carry on tho obviously.  I put a screen grab of my video showing how many got involved.    

5 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

You must be kidding right ? Typical of society these days. Just face up to it he clearly head butts him no alleged here.

Maybe where your from you would class that as a head butt but you can clearly see Craig's shoulder dropping giving him a barge, as I stated it should not have happened in the first place.

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Looked like Cook saw the flag man late and didn't have time to react. Hard to say from the vid.He was only doing 10mph. If I were that bloke I would have moved  way before then. The bloke must of seen and heard the riders coming. Looked 50/50 to me. But the headbutt/ shoulder barge what ever it was,  was way out of order. 

I agreewith th 50/50 assessment but if Craig didn't see him from the apex of the turn then that's a poor show and although he clearly steers to his right the marshall goes that way too, force a rider to turn right and they run the risk of the footrest digging in.

4 hours ago, Tigeratheart said:

All started by the actions of the Marshall who should NOT be standing in the middle of the track flagging. Completely wrong. 

9 hours ago, stevebrum said:

All started by the actions of the Marshall who should NOT be standing in the middle of the track flagging. Completely wrong. 

BS SteveBrum.  The marshall was there because the ref had put the red lights on as soon as Cook and 2 others broke away from the riders and mascot presentation parade which is held on the back straight at Arlington. This was on turn 2 with Cook having already ridden bends 3, 4 and 1 as well as the main straight with the red lights on!!

Flag marshall was only doing what is instructed.

In any case with the SCB Co-Ordinator there to witness it all as well as the ref's report, then the SCB hearing will doubtless clarify everything - and take everything into account including the Glasgow owner's public apology on the microphone for his riders' actions.

Edited by Skidder1

There is no doubt Cook rivals Scheiln as the top pillock in UK speedway but shouldn’t the flag marshall be on the centre green so to speak waving just the flag so the riders could see it? 

After watching the video it seems to me that the flag marshall wandered mid track almost looking for trouble.

Either way Cook tried headbutting him with his helmet on (it is an attempted headbutt without question, not a shoulder barge!) and should at the very least cop a fine and a ban for that. Shocking.

• Like 2