British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

the idiot with flag changes direction and walks directly into craig cooks path.as a result , an angry( and rightly so )  cook barges aforementioned idiot and no doubt swears at him as well. If he head butted the idiot whilst wearing a helmet , the idiot would have been on his @rse

• Like 1

Had Glasgow riders been informed before leaving the pits to go to the meeting presentation area of what was actually going to take place, and they were to hold their "station" until directed???????   If not, then that is a serious error on behalf of Eastbourne management, one that they need to be called to answer. Not informing both sets of riders of procedures is asking for trouble.

As for what followed, someone said the red lights were put on, they should have been flashing. The man with the red flag should have been waving the flag enthusiastically (more then he was), he should not have stepped in front of a machine without brakes, but neither should Cookie have done what he did.

To me, the Eastbourne management has a lot to answer for IF the procedure had not be conveyed to ALL riders. If they did not do that, then what followed was a result of lack of knowledge by the riders. If that was the case they need to be fined.

Having said that, Cook also needs a fine.  No ban, due to it not being wholly his fault (if Eastbourne had failed to give procedural instructions.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

BS SteveBrum.  The marshall was there because the ref had put the red lights on as soon as Cook and 2 others broke away from the riders and mascot presentation parade which is held on the back straight at Arlington. This was on turn 2 with Cook having already ridden bends 3, 4 and 1 as well as the main straight with the red lights on!!

Flag marshall was only doing what is instructed.

In any case with the SCB Co-Ordinator there to witness it all as well as the ref's report, then the SCB hearing will doubtless clarify everything - and take everything into account including the Glasgow owner's public apology on the microphone for his riders' actions.

No referee would ask a marshal to stand in the middle of the track preventing a rider from doing laps. No official would ask that.

ALL marshals are asked to sign a Heath and Safety form at the start of the season to ensure they understand their responsibilities are.

Standing on the track at ANY time when bikes are on the track is a complete no no.

No flag Marshall will be instructed to be on the track when bikes are. Seems it’s you that is spouting bs skidder1!

Unfortunately there are too many people on this thread and the Eastbourne one with an agenda and using their pre existing opinion of Cook to form their view without looking at the incident for what it was. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Unfortunately there are too many people on this thread and the Eastbourne one with an agenda and using their pre existing opinion of Cook to form their view without looking at the incident for what it was. 

You're probably right, the incident itself is 50/50 but Cooks reaction after, be it head butt or shoulder barge, was bang out of order

Should Lynn try to get Iversen as Cover for Lambert?How long is Lambert going to be out for?

I see he is out of the GP next weekend so who knows how long he will be out.Think we need a replacement if he is going to be out for at least a month.Lynn have some big matches at home and we don't want Wolves or Belle Vue leaving with any points,that's a must if we have any desire to get into the play-offs.Plus matches at Belle Vue and Wolves where it would be handy if we could pick up a point or two.

To bring Iversen back would be ideal if Robert is out for for several matches but would have  to re-declair our line up and again when Robert is fit to return  But could you do it as there

is a cut date  i believe

1 minute ago, John Scrutton said:

To bring Iversen back would be ideal if Robert is out for for several matches but would have  to re-declair our line up and again when Robert is fit to return  But could you do it as there

is a cut date  i believe

A rider can return from injury after the cut-off date, the declared replacement rider must leave the 1-7.

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

Should Lynn try to get Iversen as Cover for Lambert?How long is Lambert going to be out for?

I see he is out of the GP next weekend so who knows how long he will be out.Think we need a replacement if he is going to be out for at least a month.Lynn have some big matches at home and we don't want Wolves or Belle Vue leaving with any points,that's a must if we have any desire to get into the play-offs.Plus matches at Belle Vue and Wolves where it would be handy if we could pick up a point or two.

I know  NKI would of missed a lot of meetings earlier when he was considered. I don't know what his availability would be now.

Will Buster go the expense on a very slim chance of Lynn getting 4th spot though.

Edited by Bald Bloke

9 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I know  NKI would of missed a lot of meetings earlier when he was considered. I don't know what his availability would be now.

Will Buster go the expense on a very slim chance of Lynn getting 4th spot though.

Why not,he's had him the team for the last so many years.He has one match in Poland after this weekend,and 3 or 4 in Sweden,although one of those are when we have Wolves next week.Not sure about Denmark though,their regular season ends next week but they have some kind of qualifying matches that include all teams i think and then it ends in a 4 team tournament.And just the GP's as far as i can see.So he may want a few extra meetings to prolong his season.Obviously it all depends on Lambert's situation

R/R certainly won’t work every time at home or at all away, if decent guests can’t be found then a temporary signing needs to happen. Puk would be ideal of course. 

You'd have thought that if there was any prospect of Robert returning soon he wouldn’t have ruled himself out of the next GP.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Why not,he's had him the team for the last so many years.He has one match in Poland after this weekend,and 3 or 4 in Sweden,although one of those are when we have Wolves next week.Not sure about Denmark though,their regular season ends next week but they have some kind of qualifying matches that include all teams i think and then it ends in a 4 team tournament.And just the GP's as far as i can see.So he may want a few extra meetings to prolong his season.Obviously it all depends on Lambert's situation

He must of forked out a fair bit of wonga this year. If you go by most of the Panthers fans on here, Buster must be blowing some money there, with reports a bad crowds. I hope he can and does get NKI. Lynn  need an away win badly.

I wouldn’t believe everything you read on a P’boro thread.

• Like 2