British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

5 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Not quite true, every fan of clubs, countries and individual events expect riders to give their all at all times. Speedway racing is all about putting everything on the line, even their own lives. Same as any motor sport. 

If you're not prepared to die to win you may as well quit the sport as you'd be racing as a fraud, ripping off the paying the public, not doing yourself justice to try and make a decent living.

Daft comment, These are sportsmen, not Kamikaze pilots.......

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Not quite true, every fan of clubs, countries and individual events expect riders to give their all at all times. Speedway racing is all about putting everything on the line, even their own lives. Same as any motor sport. 

If you're not prepared to die to win you may as well quit the sport as you'd be racing as a fraud, ripping off the paying the public, not doing yourself justice to try and make a decent living.

“If you’re not prepared to die to win ...”?

Are you mad?

This is sport, not war.

• Like 3

So 2 meeting to go then are season is over do we start planning for next year ? 

Lambert, Toft, riss, cook as starters

Would be a shame not to have Jorgensen in the team. I'm also a fan of thj but I think that ship has sailed now.

I'm guessing we will be drip fed starting in 3/4 months time though! The enthusiasm killer of pre season at lynn. I miss the team being announced in 1 evening at a fans meeting.

Lambert

Riss

MPT

Pickering

Nicol

then see what’s left. Could be a lower points limit if ten teams. 

3 hours ago, Danny Connor said:

Lambert, Toft, riss, cook as starters

Would be a shame not to have Jorgensen in the team. I'm also a fan of thj but I think that ship has sailed now.

I'm guessing we will be drip fed starting in 3/4 months time though! The enthusiasm killer of pre season at lynn. I miss the team being announced in 1 evening at a fans meeting.

Peter Schroeck has already said plans are under way for 2020. He also said that it's no good having riders scoring big at home a not enough away from home.

This season Lynn's team has a good few like that. Our engine room have been rubbish away all season.

There is only 1 point between Lynn's top riders average at home and Lewis  at number 6. But it's away where they fall short.

As much as I like TJ the difference between his home and away ave this season is 4 points. H  7.71    A 3.78 :blink: That is huge. I know second strings are a bit inconsistent at times, but Lynn have to many who love the AFA, but have been poor away.

Example.

TJ …. H  7.71   A 3.78

Erik …  H 8.00   A 5.30  

MPT ...H 7.44   A 5.28

Lewis …. H 7.09  A 4.20

Edited by Bald Bloke

Toft and Riss would be my first two easy.

33 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

That is disgusting the other riders missed vital meetings

The other riders could have appealed as well, they didn't. End of.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Agree. And Cook was the instigator.

5 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

The other riders could have appealed as well, they didn't. End of.

Honestly 

Not quite correct as Claus Vissing appealed but his was rejected as noted from the SCB Web Site

"APPEALS have been received against suspensions by both Craig Cook and Claus Vissing.
These appeals have been considered by the SCB members and it can now be confirmed that Claus Vissing's is rejected.
However, following new information submitted by Craig Cook, his appeal has been accepted and a date for a full SCB hearing will be set.
Craig Cook is therefore free to continue racing until the hearing but Claus Vissing's suspension remains in place until up to and including Wednesday August 21.
No appeal has been received from the other suspended rider, Edward Kennett".

However the "New Information" provided by Craig must have been "Prima facie" evidence

Regards
THJ

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

#jokesport

• Like 2