British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

3 hours ago, Trees said:

They'd do it if the fans would 100% turn out for it but we don't :(

I WOULD and the few that stand around me would, they always were good meetings with top line ups

7 hours ago, Trees said:

They'd do it if the fans would 100% turn out for it but we don't :(

The quality of rider matters. 

If the line-up consists of Simon Lambert, Doolan, Jorgensen etc absolutely, only a minimal amount of fans will turn up. 

With the original Pride of the East meetings we had the best of the best and fans used to pack out Saddlebow Road from up and down the country. 

The only way for the Pride of the East to ever pack out again it has to consist of the world's best. A full field of GP standard or at least Polish Exstraliga rider's with huge financial reward. 

Anything less, nobody cares feom rider's or fans. 

• Thanks 1

No reason why the season couldn’t open with the PotE with a strong field, riders want practice laps early on. 

Disappointing that the Ashley Jones and David Nix memorial meetings faded away over time, they should be held at Lynn every year IMO. 

3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

The quality of rider matters. 

If the line-up consists of Simon Lambert, Doolan, Jorgensen etc absolutely, only a minimal amount of fans will turn up. 

With the original Pride of the East meetings we had the best of the best and fans used to pack out Saddlebow Road from up and down the country. 

The only way for the Pride of the East to ever pack out again it has to consist of the world's best. A full field of GP standard or at least Polish Exstraliga rider's with huge financial reward. 

Anything less, nobody cares feom rider's or fans. 

Clearly that isn't going to happen!

57 minutes ago, Trees said:

Clearly that isn't going to happen!

Then neither will the Pride of the East return

Do people really want meaningless individual meetings ?  To me it’s the same as an early season team warm up meeting.  

In the 70s every track had one two or even three Individual meetings which attracted some of the best riders in the World.  Times have moved on 

8 minutes ago, semion said:

Do people really want meaningless individual meetings ?  To me it’s the same as an early season team warm up meeting.  

In the 70s every track had one two or even three Individual meetings which attracted some of the best riders in the World.  Times have moved on 

I think as a season opener they work quite well because people are keen to see some speedway after a long winter. As for the memorial meetings they don’t have to be individuals, if the riders are carefully selected I think pairs or challenge meetings with some different riders during a gap in the fixtures could work well. 

How can Lambert still be struggling with his back? There’s photos of him doing donuts in the German open meeting. Is it a case of he just can’t be bothered to travel for this?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bloom89 said:

How can Lambert still be struggling with his back? There’s photos of him doing donuts in the German open meeting. Is it a case of he just can’t be bothered to travel for this?

Lambert has a history of doing his “own”thing.No consideration to who pays his wages.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Lambert has a history of doing his “own”thing.No consideration to who pays his wages.

That is the problem. The riders run the sport in this country.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

That is the problem. The riders run the sport in this country.

And unfortunately come the SON time we will need him and Woffy because we have no one else to there standard that we continually let them do as they please.

16 hours ago, bloom89 said:

I could still do a donut on a bike and I am over 70. I bet Billy Bales could too! Riding at full racing speed in an international meeting ( even a challenge ) is a very different propostion. Back injuries are the kind of injury that you cannpt be too careful with.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

I could still do a donut on a bike and I am over 70. I bet Billy Bales could too! Riding at full racing speed in an international meeting ( even a challenge ) is a very different propostion. Back injuries are the kind of injury that you cannpt be too careful with.

He rode in the meeting ,apart from doing the donuts!

• Like 1