British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

40 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

What fans are left already are Zombie's.

Sycophantic Zombies 

That's nice.Just because you would prefer nobody to attend King's Lynn speedway.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Speedway has been predominantly gate and go but only for the winner of the race, no question. But most of the entertainment in races happens at the back. Especially SGP's, Polish and Swedish leagues. Also a good number of British Speedway meetings are the same.

I just can't get my head around how it's just become acceptable at King's Lynn to be happy with 1 or 2 good races a meeting?? Over the last 3 seasons, King's Lynn imo has been No3 for THE worst meetings in terms of entertainment, only just better than Leicester and Swindon. It's one of the only UK tracks that after the first lap rider's are spread out with 2 or 3 bike lengths between them consistently. 

It's one of the reasons I watch Stars meetings mainly away from home and will continue to do so, but because of the new owner I shall not be at Ipswich or Peterborough either.

So I'm only down to probably 4-5 Stars meetings in 2019. The lowest ever in 30yrs following this club. King's Lynn for à huge part of that 30yrs was my No1. Dumped partner's, relationship and wedding anniversaries dropped, family and friends birthdays skipped all for King's Lynn Speedway. 

1 man is responsible for killing my passion and I can never forgive him for that. King's Lynn Speedway is still my No1 club but now only from afar, I could never allow myself to give another penny to that man.

A very reasoned post and actually quite an emotional/sad one. I personally feel sorry that one man can kill your passion like that. Is it something that has happened personally to you, or a combination of things linked to how Buster runs the Club?

I appreciate it's different for all. For me, I support the Club first, above any individual that is part of that Club. That said, it is a much more pleasant experience when you feel the Club's owners and Promoters are doing things right, or at least making the effort to do so.

Look at Swindon, it wasn't so long ago the Club could very well have closed down under Patchett. A few years on we've had a record breaking season, a Premiership title and there are riders wanting to ride for the Club which hasn't always been the case.

So good owners are important. From the outside looking in, Kings Lynn has always seemed a well run Club. There are never any rumours of financial problems, riders not getting paid, never a worry about whether you're running or not. Communication with fans seems at a low point which obviously needs some work. I did think Robin Brundle was looking to improve this part?

44 minutes ago, Reliant Robin said:

Communication with fans......I did think Robin Brundle was looking to improve this part?

I think he's made it worse in some ways.

He doesn't seem to have grasped the mindset of speedway fans. His way may be fine for other businesses but speedway is a different world.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

I think he's made it worse in some ways.

He doesn't seem to have grasped the mindset of speedway fans. His way may be fine for other businesses but speedway is a different world.

He is doing it his way, we have had almost weekly press releases this close season about one thing or another, he has continued with the press conferences after meetings and fingers crossed will get them online this year. The Supporters Club Committee and many people involved have had two meetings with him and Dale lately with lots of things being brought up and discussed so let's see what 2019 brings... 

Re what Jonathan brought to the club years ago, rumours have it that maybe the club couldn't afford his ideas? 

1 hour ago, Trees said:

He is doing it his way, we have had almost weekly press releases this close season about one thing or another, he has continued with the press conferences after meetings and fingers crossed will get them online this year. The Supporters Club Committee and many people involved have had two meetings with him and Dale lately with lots of things being brought up and discussed so let's see what 2019 brings... 

Re what Jonathan brought to the club years ago, rumours have it that maybe the club couldn't afford his ideas? 

Or was Jonathan seen as a threat and was never aloud to implement his own ideas.? I dont know anything  at all about the bloke but i have only heard good things about him .We have a guy at Swindon Lee Kilby who is of the same ilk as Jonathan a modern time guy who has time to listen to people and Swindon are lucky to have him on board.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Or was Jonathan seen as a threat and was never aloud to implement his own ideas.? I dont know anything  at all about the bloke but i have only heard good things about him .We have a guy at Swindon Lee Kilby who is of the same ilk as Jonathan a modern time guy who has time to listen to people and Swindon are lucky to have him on board.

The loss of Jonathon Chapman to Kings Lynn Speedway and British Speedway in general was and is massive- he could have given the chance brought speedway into the modern era unlike what we have now - but there you go . 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

i fear for Lee, he's a good bloke, but i feel he'll get the same level of support that other new promoters get, zilch

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, stevehone said:

i fear for Lee, he's a good bloke, but i feel he'll get the same level of support that other new promoters get, zilch

You could well be right such a shame because the sport can improve in the UK if everyone pulled in the same direction.

Edited by Sidney the robin

4 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

What fans are left already are Zombie's.

Sycophantic Zombies 

Thanks very much I might be getting on a bit but Zombie is a bit strong (I hope) I will be there for the first meeting and as always I will enjoy myself

2 hours ago, Trees said:

I know you only said rumours Trees, but he found the funding/money when he bought Ippo and Peterborough ;) to the detriment of his beloved Lynn this season imho.

I have nothing against the Lynn 1-7 as individual riders, but as a team they look very weak. Buster must know this. He ain't no mug.

I think the Stars scored around 16 away points last season, the best in the league.. They will be lucky to notch up any with that team.

Add that to I can't see many / any teams not coming away from the AFA without at least 1 point in 2019. 

I hope Lynn's crowd don't drop this season. Although Buster will probably benefit overall with all the head to heads of the 3 clubs,  for me it's Lynn that will suffer. I hope it's in the short term :(    

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

You could well be right such a shame because the sport can improve in the UK if everyone pulled in the same direction.

and there lies the problem, it seems no-one wants to agree on things

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

In my opinion that is a pipe dream. Improvement will not happen because the product is seriously flawed.

Surely its time to stop all the moaning and negativity . Let's all look forward to the new season , and get behind the Stars team . Hopefully prove the doubters wrong and make the play offs again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mrss said:

Surely its time to stop all the moaning and negativity . Let's all look forward to the new season , and get behind the Stars team . Hopefully prove the doubters wrong and make the play offs again.

That's the biggest problem with how this sport is run.   Instead of listening to the moaning and negativity from once die-hard fans,  it is constantly swept under the carpet  allowing the sport to descend into the mess  we now have.      

I'm not a doubter, nor a happy clapper,   more of a realist who can see the obvious decline that continues with this sport.    Probably if more people were to open their eyes and voice their concern, perhaps more actions could have been taken to retain the status our sport once enjoyed...

• Like 4