British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 4:11 PM, Piccolo said:

And these same old people will only be happy when there's no more team to support.

Final rider to be announced Friday.

Club about to purchase a rider from another club as a full asset.

Buster getting new shale delivered and a blade on the track ahead of the new season.

Robert Lambert is back, one of the most exciting young talents in the world.

More work with youngsters particularly during school holidays.

Keep smiling....

Probably the most information we have heard for some time.        Are you sure you're allowed to post that?    usually  all that stuff is kept most secretive..:wink:

3 hours ago, Starboy118 said:

In my opinion that is a pipe dream. Improvement will not happen because the product is seriously flawed.

No  certainly not the problems we have now we had years ago the difference was the crowds then were very much better.Look the sport is on its knees in the U.K yet  i see no  real leadership  and a certain togetherness and everyone pulling in the same direction.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, semion said:

Thank god for when the racing starts.  

Make the most of it because before long you might be watching your old DVDS.

Have they announced Riss yet ? Or are still trying to build the excitement!  Don't see the point of delaying it  when we all knew the line up ages ago.

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Have they announced Riss yet ? Or are still trying to build the excitement!  Don't see the point of delaying it  when we all knew the line up ages ago.

It's a joke. As is the 1-7. Still Busters Panthers should get the crowds in..:P

Edited by Bald Bloke

7 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

It’s for the benefit of those people who don’t know it’s Riss. It’s to keep Lynn speedway in the news over the winter period rather than naming the whole team with three months to go. To keep people interested who shut off from speedway from November to March every year. 

Not saying I agree with it (in fact I think they’ve made a bit of a dogs breakfast out of it) but that is the point of what they are doing. It was pointed out by several people way, way back in the thread. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

It’s for the benefit of those people who don’t know it’s Riss. It’s to keep Lynn speedway in the news over the winter period rather than naming the whole team with three months to go. To keep people interested who shut off from speedway from November to March every year. 

Not saying I agree with it (in fact I think they’ve made a bit of a dogs breakfast out of it) but that is the point of what they are doing. It was pointed out by several people way, way back in the thread. 

Give up Baggy, some just don't/can't /won't read.... 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Trees said:

Give up Baggy, some just don't/can't /won't read.... 

No you just have your head in the clouds,  blinkered to the odvious that the sport in this country is in big trouble.Also the Lynn fans who moan and air there views  are people who are passionate about there club but they can see the bigger picture can you.?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

No you just have your head in the clouds,  blinkered to the odvious that the sport in this country is in big trouble.Also the Lynn fans who moan and air there views  are people who are passionate about there club but they can see the bigger picture can you.?

Oddly enough, in my experience, Trees CAN see the bigger picture - in private, but not in the smallest way - in public. 

No-one who is not a speedway fan will be even slightly interested that "It's Riss" The spreading out of "news" will not attract a new audience.

Edited by waytogo28
additional point made

8 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

You mean some fans haven't worked out its Riss yet! So its just to sell a few local papers. I realise why but it doesn't work when most know the line up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Sidney, you are missing the point, not for the first time in this thread. Nobody is saying that the speedway in the UK isn’t in big trouble or that King’s Lynn have made a good job of this. People keep asking WHY they have spread out the announcement of riders through to March and what the point is, and we are trying to explain why the club are doing it.  Robin Brundle is doing this as a marketing/media strategy, it’s been thought through, not just done on a whim. For the benefit of people who don’t go on speedway forums every day through the winter and whose attention the club is trying to grab during the off season. They are trying something different. 

As Ive said I don’t think it’s been done particularly well and could have been carried out much better with a structure and without such big gaps between news as that has annoyed regular fans too. So hopefully they will do it better next year. But whether you agree with it or not it’s pretty clear WHY they have tried it this way and what the point is, and it’s frustrating that people keep asking the question. 

Mr Brundle is a different animal to Mr Chapman, one would like to think that he will listen to and act upon feedback on this matter and others too. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Anyone read the Speedway Star and Iversen's column yet?!?

31 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Anyone read the Speedway Star and Iversen's column yet?!?

No I haven't what has he got to say?

16 minutes ago, Rickyb said:

No I haven't what has he got to say?

Don't buy the Star but just read online that he says there are no hard feelings and if he's needed just call him and he will see what he can do :D Thanks Niels :D

• Like 1