British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

21 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I’d also question if Hans or King are really any better than what we have. 

Not King.

But Hans and a 3 pointer.....  Hans and Simon Lambert ?(I know)or another 3 pointer  vs Ty and Kasper. 

I know Simon isn't everyone's cup of tea, and Kasper should be on the up,but he averaged more than Kasper in 2018 and it would allow Hans in. Hans would do PUKS job.

Add 1 more well thought out change mid season and you would of had have a top side... Well maybe :wink:

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I’d also question if Hans or King are really any better than what we have. 

Danny is 4th in the Witches averages

Lawson is 2nd

• Like 1

For me Hans is about ten years past his best and on the way down, not sure I would drop any of the three on similar averages in our side for him. Can see why people would want Simon after the job he did last year but he wont ever get any better and there is a chance Kasper could be a decent speedway rider given time to develop as he is young enough to improve. Not convinced Hans and Simon offer an awful lot of potential. 

• Like 1

Riss for me is one of the potential big improvers this this

Wouldve loved to see him as a Witch

2 hours ago, semion said:

Webbo.  You would prefer Bratolar to the the potential of Riss.  Surely you are having a giraffe ?

Its about who I prefer,     Batch is a person we don't  like, but he will still scores quite a few points.    No doubt he will outscore all our riders, with the exception of Lambert...

Hans to me represent reliable points.  yes, he may be past his best but he can still win important races.   A consistent gater who score points on any track.    Riss, exciting as he may be ,   he struggles on tight tracks  and needs the open spaces to come into his own.   cant see him outscoring Hans this year anyway.... 

Edited by g13webb
bits added

Why are people even comparing Hans and Batchelor to any of our riders anyway,bar Lambert.Their averages are well above any of our bottom six anyway so in theory should be better than those.So you couldn't drop any of those on a like for like basis with any of those two anyway.You would have to drop 2 or more.But i bet Riss will close that gap on his average to theirs this season so that would make him the better aquisition.

• Like 1

Riss has spent three (?) years at Edinburgh, not sure he struggles on tight tracks. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sounds like someone is putting up an argument for the sake of an argument.

For me, Brat has reached his ‘peak’ (GP) and is going down the other side.  Riss is on the climb.  I know who I would have in my side. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, semion said:

Sounds like someone is putting up an argument for the sake of an argument.

For me, Brat has reached his ‘peak’ (GP) and is going down the other side.  Riss is on the climb.  I know who I would have in my side. 

These are not arguments, merely opinions..   I waited along time for us to be champions of  that top league,  and  unfortunately last year we missed out  yet again.   I expected far better from the Stars management this year enabling us to be in contention from the start  for that elusive crown, but again have been let down.   

My opinion is that standard of the league is probably the weakest we have ever seen.  Our team, as it is,  although a spirited bunch,  is a top rider missing.   If the team is retained throughout the season ahead we will struggle to make those PO's ,  whereas if Niels ( or similar) is co-opted in as second heatleader  we immediately  come  comparable.         For that to happen, the number game will be governed by the rider who is under performing ... 

Then Riss will make an excellent 3rd heatleader......

• Like 2

I’d probably suggest that we wait for ten to twelve meetings before deciding whether we have been ‘let down’ or not. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I’d probably suggest that we wait for ten to twelve meetings before deciding whether we have been ‘let down’ or not. 

Have to add it’s a uninspiring team line up Lambert apart it’s a championship side certainly not one that will bring in more support in my opinion - that said they did very well last season so who knows - trouble with what you say about waiting 10-12 meetings in will that be too late in a very short season in a 7 team league ?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I fear the knives will be out quite early from some,just because we have so many early away matches.

8 minutes ago, Haza said:

Have to add it’s a uninspiring team line up Lambert apart it’s a championship side certainly not one that will bring in more support in my opinion - that said they did very well last season so who knows - trouble with what you say about waiting 10-12 meetings in will that be too late in a very short season in a 7 team league ?

It’s a fair point, although only half of the first dozen meetings are actual league matches so if by the end of May it’s decided that changes are required there will be plenty of points left to win to get into the Play Offs. In terms of bringing in support, I understand and appreciate the desire to see fresh faces but at the same time many people build up a rapport with riders and having seven riders back from last year will go down well with lots of fans. 

Some are unhappy with the team others seem prepared to suck it an see.

I well remember when we had a top 3 of Lee Jessup ( World 1&2 at the time) and Hellsen ( 9 ish average).  What did we win that year ? FAS that’s what.

Then later a top 4 of Crump, Nicki P, PK and Klingberg (big money signing from BV). Again what did we win that year ? See above

1 hour ago, semion said:

Some are unhappy with the team others seem prepared to suck it an see.

I well remember when we had a top 3 of Lee Jessup ( World 1&2 at the time) and Hellsen ( 9 ish average).  What did we win that year ? FAS that’s what.

Then later a top 4 of Crump, Nicki P, PK and Klingberg (big money signing from BV). Again what did we win that year ? See above

You are absolutely right in what you are saying though in the Crump Nicki P PK season we did lose PK with a broken leg so who knows how that season would have ended - 

And I seem to remember Coventry retain I think 6 of there 7 from the previous season and going onto being champions not sure of the year . 

We shall all have to wait and see how our current 1-7 preforms this season would be good to have an injury free one for staters . 

• Like 1