British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

Don't know how long Cookie has signed for but given it's another of Chapman's teams one of them must have backed down on the sponsorship on kevlars and bike cover issue.
Or given past events (ie Harris's 'move' to Ippo) it's been a big game alll along with Chapman waiting to see which of his teams needed strengthening? 
Got to have sympathy for Panthers' fans they way they have been messed about.

Edited by cinderfella
addition
  • Like 3

Don’t think they need much sympathy after the way they smashed Lynn last night.  They look well sorted to me

Edited by semion
  • Like 2

Maybe Tai and Rosco had better watch out as Buster is planning a Team GB coup with Cook and Lambert? 

In no way should Lynn not keep Riss as he gives 100% and was going well at the start of the season and would have shown that form again  He was looking better until his crash   Some way must be made to bring him back  Im sure he will want to return when once he is fit again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brewer said:

I thought it was divided by 1.5 for cl to pl

times 1.5 for pl to cl

That's correct, got my Ps and Cs muddled - apologies

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

In no way should Lynn not keep Riss as he gives 100% and was going well at the start of the season and would have shown that form again  He was looking better until his crash   Some way must be made to bring him back  Im sure he will want to return when once he is fit again.

Well considering KL made him a full asset by buying him from Edinburgh at the start of the season you would think they would want to make use of their own.
Unless it's part of Buster's master plan and stops anyone else using him :)

36 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Maybe Tai and Rosco had better watch out as Buster is planning a Team GB coup with Cook and Lambert? 

And shortly to buy one more track? That would tighten his grip on UK "top" league speedway. His way finally becomes the only way!

Far from buying other tracks I think he said that he would sell Peterbro and Ipswich to other buyers when they came along  

2 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Don't know how long Cookie has signed for but given it's another of Chapman's teams one of them must have backed down on the sponsorship on kevlars and bike cover issue.
Or given past events (ie Harris's 'move' to Ippo) it's been a big game alll along with Chapman waiting to see which of his teams needed strengthening? 
Got to have sympathy for Panthers' fans they way they have been messed about.

No doubt the proof of who backed down will be seen when Cook rides his first match for Lynn, will be interesting having Lambert and Cook in the same team as they they both have high opinions of themselves that neither to date have really fulfilled, Hans Andersen beat Lambert three times yesterday and thats a rider who many say is passed his best now. 

• Like 1

The more lamberts average drops though, the better the next lot of changes could be,, cos I still think there will be 2 more changes to come. 

It's not how you start,, it's how you finish,,,, 

Edited by Baldyman

Just wondering if the numbers would allow Riss to come back in for Kerr leaving Lambert in the team for the year but a strong top six and always a high scoring reserve? Might be the plan. 

• Like 1

I think once Buster has bought his 4th Club and having total control then invading Poland must be next on his agenda. :)

Are there any signs of him growing a moustache  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

The more lamberts average drops though, the better the next lot of changes could be,, cos I still think there will be 2 more changes to come. 

It's not how you start,, it's how you finish,,,, 

Every year we hear about promotions and riders 'massaging' their average to lower than what they are capable of either to help the team bring in a stronger rider or to make themselves more attractive the following season (riders obviously not promoters even though there now seems to be a few changing teams off-season).

Maybe rather than mess around with team building averages rules should be changed where by a rider has his average for the whole season  and perhaps that thing we used to have called loyalty comes back into play?

• Like 2

I've said something similar for a long time.

Averages should start the season based on the average over two seasons, so let's say Danny King for example

2017 averaged 7

2018 averaged 6

He starts 2019 with an average of 6.5 and has that average for the full season.

If he ends the 2019 season with an average of 9

He starts 2020 with an average of 7.5 and keeps that average for a full season.

At any point if Ipswich want to replace king during the 2019 season they'd have only 6.5 to play with irrelevant to what he is actually achieving so if he's averaging 9 then they wont replace him with a 6.5 however if he's averaging 4 then you'd replace him with a 6.5 option.

This allows riders to do well and score big I.e. above their average then they are less likely to be replaced 

• Like 1