British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

On 8/5/2019 at 8:28 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

First time I've seen this. Much to do about nothing! Flag man walks in front of bike with no brakes. Man on bike reacts. I think we are all getting a little excited about nothing. No punches. Half a headbutt/shove. I get more grief off the misus for fidgeting in bed. The star made it read as if it was something big. Not even handbags!

PS any news on Lambert

Edited by Danny Connor
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Danny Connor said:

First time I've seen this. Much to do about nothing! Flag man walks in front of bike with no brakes. Man on bike reacts. I think we are all getting a little excited about nothing. No punches. Half a headbutt/shove. I get more grief off the misus for fidgeting in bed. The star made it read as if it was something big. Not even handbags!

PS any news on Lambert

You haven't seen the whole thing.There were punches thrown after quite a bit of goading from various people.All a throwback to some good old days.Seen rider punch ups,hammer throwing and plenty of other misdemeanors all adds to the atmosphere.Like last week the atmosphere livened up when Hawkins and a few went charging at Jorgensen.

2 hours ago, Danny Connor said:

PS any news on Lambert

As someone else has said, there's a longer video.  Watch that and if you you still reckon you get more grief off the missus i'd be amazed. 

• Like 3

On 8/9/2019 at 4:53 PM, Bagpuss said:

I wouldn’t believe everything you read on a P’boro thread.

I don’t believe everything I read on here on any threads

• Like 2

On 8/9/2019 at 4:53 PM, Bagpuss said:

I wouldn’t believe everything you read on a P’boro thread.

True theres far to many Lynn fans on them these days

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

True theres far to many Lynn fans on them these days

It’s only cos we care about our nearest and dearest.

Yet again , It appears these sub-standard performances are readily accepted without too much concern.    Like saying  'Don't worry  lads there's always next year'

55 years of waiting and still no top prize.       Surely the fans deserve better than this.....    The apologies don't mean much anymore after this length of time...         

Its little wonder,  many fans  have got fed up waiting ……... 

Now having just read,  that NKI has signed for the witches, show me and everyone else the contempt that Buster shows for us Stars fans.       Talk about kicking when you're down.      NKI has always been a Lynn Rider,   greater than any that are currently riding,   Signing him to ride for their arch rival is betrayal  of the highest order... 

Edited by g13webb
Comment added...
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Yet again , It appears these sub-standard performances are readily accepted without too much concern.    Like saying  'Don't worry  lads there's always next year'

55 years of waiting and still no top prize.       Surely the fans deserve better than this.....    The apologies don't mean much anymore after this length of time...         

Its little wonder,  many fans  have got fed up waiting ……... 

The only thing I am fed up with is your constant moaning.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mrss said:

The only thing I am fed up with is your constant moaning.

Well of course you are.      If that's the only thing you're fed up with  then you must lead a sad  life.....         

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Now having just read,  that NKI has signed for the witches, show me and everyone else the contempt that Buster shows for us Stars fans.       Talk about kicking when you're down.      NKI has always been a Lynn Rider,   greater than any that are currently riding,   Signing him to ride for their arch rival is betrayal  of the highest order... 

Sadly Mr Webb, riders don't "belong to" any one club anymore and much as I admire NKI as a rider I doubt if he has much loyalty to KL anyway. It's just a circus sideshow nowadays ( all of UK speedway ) - mostly without the entertainment factor, in terms of racing. All riders are mercenaries in kevlars and chase the money. That is how it is sadly. The speedway us old uns watched and got excited about has long gone. As has nearly all my interest in attending matches at Saddlebow Rd.

• Like 1

NKI was Lynn bound if Lambert had been ruled out for the season.  When this didn’t happen Buster, out of decency to Puk found him a home at one of his other places of work.  

I don’t see what the problem is.  If NKI had wanted to start the season he would have been at Lynn, he didn’t.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

All riders are mercenaries in kevlars and chase the money. That is how it is sadly. 

1 hour ago, semion said:

If NKI had wanted to start the season he would have been at Lynn, he didn’t.  

And that is one of the major problems with British speedway. There is no loyalty from riders (with a very few exceptions). The fast dwindling band of fans desperately laud "their" riders only for said riders to disappear into the sunset at the slightest sniff or promise of more lucrative deals. Or they see the UK as a payday when other countries leagues are winding down and next years qualifying is done and dusted.

Having said that promoters dispense with riders services at the drop of a hat, so in some ways you can't put 100% of the blame on riders but gone are the days of Betts, Turner, Gagen et al who were club stalwarts without question, whose total loyalty was to THEIR club and not the highest paymaster.

Going back into hibernation now:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Is NKI a case of a King''s Lynn rider, living in Peterborough signing for Ipswich??? :rolleyes:

Oh for goodness sakes you lot, obviously Niels is up for a few weeks racing in the UK having almost finished his European season, he still needs to keep racing to be fit for the rest of the GP season, Ipswich asked him, we didn't!  Christ he rode for just us for years, that's loyalty from both sides, he gave the UK a miss this year because of his other racing commitments but has time now .......