British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

If we do have the rumoured 7 of lambert, riss, proctor, kerr, jorgensen, andersen and mpt i do fear there will be a lot of hidings, home and away. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, therefused said:

If we do have the rumoured 7 of lambert, riss, proctor, kerr, jorgensen, andersen and mpt i do fear there will be a lot of hidings, home and away. 

You can put as many laughing respones as you want Scott, but its the truth. Dont be blinded because youre in the pits every week. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, therefused said:

I am pretty sure there is at least one different rider in that line-up.

5 hours ago, g13webb said:

With all the festive activities going on around Christmas,  no one gives a damn about a speedway team this time of the year.     Just another blaring example of  inconsideration to the Stars dwindling supporters. 

They have,in recent times always named their team around Christmas time or early in the new year.No inconsideration at all.You say people don't give a damn about speedway at this time of year,yet there is still plenty of postings going on here.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, g13webb said:

With all the festive activities going on around Christmas,  no one gives a damn about a speedway team this time of the year.     Just another blaring example of  inconsideration to the Stars dwindling supporters. 

i might be wrong, but you're beginning to sound like a spoilt child that's not getting their way

but you have to admite his attempt to introduce "inconsideration" into the English language

You have to think it’s going to be very much as you were at Lynn next season.  Not one of thier Top of the League side are being mentioned in dispatches as going elsewhere. 

Whats not to like?  Lambert is one step away from being World Class. Toft, TJ and Riss have improvement written all over them, albeit to different degrees.  Hopefully no Return for Lambo Rambo at 7.  

Leta not forget the dickings we were handing out to Saddlebow at times last season.

Glass half full here ( for now)

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

It worries me when i see the signings that other clubs are making. Peterborough have a good top 3 , Poole are sure to be strong again, I fear the Stars are going to end up with whoever other clubs don't want. Apart from R Lambert.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, therefused said:

If that ends up to be the team, there would be a few things that would concern me if i'm honest.

1st up is no back up for Lambo. I know NKI only averaged 7 and a bit, but there where many times he had a good heats 13 and 15 with Rob. That would be gone.

Then there is Lewis Kerr. He has had some bad knocks and who knows how both his body and mind will be like when he comes back. I wish him well, but a concern for me on his ave. Lewis averaged 7.68 from his 4 home meetings and only 3.37 from his 7 aways.

TJ has struggled away from home. From his 2018 season he averaged 7.53 from his 11 home meetings, but a poor 4.68 from 13 away meetings. You can't afford that again next season with no real back up for our No.1 thrown in..

Kasper will still be on his assessed 4.0 He needs to reach that 4 point average. In his 7 meetings in 2018 he averaged  2.55. Consisted of 2.0 from 3 home meetings and 2.86 from 4 away.

I know he did ok in his short spell with Sheffield, but he would need to average his assessed 4 point ave. I hope he will get close.

I'm not on a downer, but after last season i'm hoping the team will be built to win the league . I can't see it getting better with the riders available:blink:

Will have some close ones at home, including some losses and can't see that team getting anywhere near last seasons away results.

If the Stars want to build on 2018 they ain't going to with that team sadly imho :(

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, stevehone said:

i might be wrong, but you're beginning to sound like a spoilt child that's not getting their way

You're very wrong Steve.  when you supported a team for as long as I did,    you get used to being at the back of the queue.     Recently my feelings for the club has waned somewhat,  but I still have a high regard for the supporters and the way  they are treated.   The announcement of this years  team is of little concern.    The belief I carried for so long has been drained from me.    

But back to the announcement of riders,  just about every team in the league has given their supporters something to get enthused about,  with the exception of Lynn.   The negatives going round are mindful,    it would be of the minimal  inconvenience  to have given a couple of names out. but it would have excited the majority of supporters,  having some comfort of signed up riders.     

But don't worry,  you carry on following the piped piper....

I so much preferred the whole team announcement/fans forum myself but of course the drip feed announcements are better media wise, let's show some patience and look forward to them, it's a human virtue they say :D

2 minutes ago, Trees said:

I so much preferred the whole team announcement/fans forum myself but of course the drip feed announcements are better media wise, let's show some patience and look forward to them, it's a human virtue they say :D

You think the predicted Stars team can win the title v already announced teams??

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

You're very wrong Steve.  when you supported a team for as long as I did,    you get used to being at the back of the queue.     Recently my feelings for the club has waned somewhat,  but I still have a high regard for the supporters and the way  they are treated.   The announcement of this years  team is of little concern.    The belief I carried for so long has been drained from me.    

But back to the announcement of riders,  just about every team in the league has given their supporters something to get enthused about,  with the exception of Lynn.   The negatives going round are mindful,    it would be of the minimal  inconvenience  to have given a couple of names out. but it would have excited the majority of supporters,  having some comfort of signed up riders.     

But don't worry,  you carry on following the piped piper....

The team is done and dusted stop worrying

45 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

You think the predicted Stars team can win the title v already announced teams??

Depends as always.....

34 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

The team is done and dusted stop worrying

You know Buster I take it?