British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

4 minutes ago, Haza said:

Well I’ve not attended since July 2017 and I seem to remember often it would be near on 8pm before racing started - id have hope a 7-30 start means just that but we shall see 

The only time when the procedure shows any urgency is when they run double headers.    Its such a shame they don't show the same with every meeting...     They're tunnel vision is directed only in hanging the meeting out , thus  allowing more time to spend your money,   whereas the more positive thinking would be aimed at keeping those,  in attendance ,   happy so they attend next time...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, semion said:

Hasn't this always been the case, with a 7.30 start ?    With racing commencing at 7.45.

Yes,i just thought how it was worded we might be getting the racing started at 7:30pm.I just looked back at the 2018 fixture list on the website and it was worded the same.Sorry Haza,my bad:oops:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, g13webb said:

The only time when the procedure shows any urgency is when they run double headers.    Its such a shame they don't show the same with every meeting...     They're tunnel vision is directed only in hanging the meeting out , thus  allowing more time to spend your money,   whereas the more positive thinking would be aimed at keeping those,  in attendance ,   happy so they attend next time...

I know you are going to think i'm having a go,but i think that is a bit of a myth.Just because there are a few breaks in races at times does it really give people the urge to spend more?If i want something to eat or drink i will get something whether there is a break or not.Same with merchandise.People must be fairly gullible if they think they must spend money if there are any breaks.People will spend if they want to,and not spend if they don't want to.This is my opinion anyway.

• Like 1

You an always guarantee at Lynn that the interval break will be long enough to get a cup of tea and drink it before the racing starts again.

34 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Totally agree about the lack of urgency during meetings - thing is as well 15 heat is 15 heats if it’s over 90 minutes or 120 minutes or on other occasions even longer - doesn’t make the product or value for money better if a meeting is spread over a longer time period . 

But as you say lack of urgency 

32 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Yes,i just thought how it was worded we might be getting the racing started at 7:30pm.I just looked back at the 2018 fixture list on the website and it was worded the same.Sorry Haza,my bad:oops:

No worries 

44 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I know you are going to think i'm having a go,but i think that is a bit of a myth.Just because there are a few breaks in races at times does it really give people the urge to spend more?If i want something to eat or drink i will get something whether there is a break or not.Same with merchandise.People must be fairly gullible if they think they must spend money if there are any breaks.People will spend if they want to,and not spend if they don't want to.This is my opinion anyway.

You and me both,  I don't need an interval to go and buy a drink,  but the obvious thinking behind the many lengthy delay is that it gives fan the opportunity , they would otherwise not have.   Probably in the warm summer evenings its not so bad, but nobody enjoys standing around in the cold nights watching the tractors going round and round....  What a pity the years program is so directed that we have  less meetings in the warm summer months,  and the big meetings come at the end of the season when the weather has turned cold...   They say the Promoters wants to appeal to the fans but they never think of positives to entice them to come ….

Don't forget the track staff, officials, St.Johns (or whoever) would also like to get a cuppa and/or to have a pee!!

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Don't forget the track staff, officials, St.Johns (or whoever) would also like to get a cuppa and/or to have a pee!!

Everybody understands that...      Nobody is saying have no intervals.   What most people want is for the meeting to flow, with  holdups kept to a minimum.    What really gets my goat is when  we have a long track grade,  sometimes as long as 20 mins ,   then have another race then followed by the planed Interval..   

We talk about the fans who don't support the sport anymore, yet the Promoters appear blinded to understanding the reasons  why...….

• Like 5

Delays due to choice do put people into thinking it's dragging on - particularly when the environment for fans is unpleasant or there is little else in terms of entertainment to occupy them during 'down times'.  This is where speedway can make changes - undercover spectating, additional entertainments etc. to engage fans rather than just watch 15 races.  When attending an american football event in London once it lasted about 3.5 hours but it didn't seem that long because of the additional entertainment on offer and I wasn't too cold or wet.

Surely if we took the simple step of grading every four heats, then have 5 minute break after heat four and twelve, with a 10 minute break after heat 8.  This should give officials, and volunteers the time to have a break and satisfy those who want to keep things moving.

• Like 5

Published start time at Lynn means nothing.  7.30 should be replaced by when Buster has all the available admission money safely tucked away.  ( over priced refreshments optional).

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Delays due to choice do put people into thinking it's dragging on - particularly when the environment for fans is unpleasant or there is little else in terms of entertainment to occupy them during 'down times'.  This is where speedway can make changes - undercover spectating, additional entertainments etc. to engage fans rather than just watch 15 races.  When attending an american football event in London once it lasted about 3.5 hours but it didn't seem that long because of the additional entertainment on offer and I wasn't too cold or wet.

Surely if we took the simple step of grading every four heats, then have 5 minute break after heat four and twelve, with a 10 minute break after heat 8.  This should give officials, and volunteers the time to have a break and satisfy those who want to keep things moving.

And like at most meetings at Swindon last year, which finished 30 mins earlier than those the year before, would benefit many fans. 

There is a simple solution to all the moaning about the time it takes to complete a meeting ,and the length of the interval. If people don't like it ,stop at home.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, mrss said:

There is a simple solution to all the moaning about the time it takes to complete a meeting ,and the length of the interval. If people don't like it ,stop at home.

And that's the reason why the attendances have dropped over the years....         

Making a comment like that,  you must be a promoter …..   :wink:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

As I have said before despite the tremendous cosmetic improvements to the stadium from a viewing perspective it was a much better experience in the days of Cyril Crane and the Littlechilds

• Like 3