British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

11 hours ago, g13webb said:

Ever the patriot,   always looking on the side of the management.   but the reality is far different then the world you try to promote.   Any chance of reading the program or filling in the scores is curtailed when the darkness falls.   For 4 years now, we have complained to Buster, Nathan and Dale about the poor sound quality we get in the Royal Box,  but we are still waiting for them to do something about it.   We cannot even hear the results, let alone any interviews.  If it wasn't for the big screen we would know nothing..      I find this real annoying that we have 750 seats, people paying £1 a head for the privilege and we cant hear a thing,    yet on the 3rd corner where the VIPs are stationed,  the PA are loud and clear .    I wonder how many more years we will have to complain before anything is done about it......

It took a while to get the speakers sorted on the 1st bend but they have been sorted now, I will ask about the Royal Box again, it annoyed me something chronic that I couldn't hear interviews.. 

Any other complaints whilst I am emailing? 

21 hours ago, semion said:

Or Between races watch Buster ride around and aroundddddd and aroundddddddd on his tractor.  On a wet night you can even watch him for 2 hours removing slop from the track.  Well some do.  Others learnt their lesson. :D

Yeah trying to get the meeting on to save the costs of both teams, costs for the fans and himself, often works... Do you remember Huggy doing the track? Getting rid of the berms so the track was at it's optimum after every race. You don't care about the track being good for the riders then?  Give them anything to race on is your motto? 

3 minutes ago, semion said:

Trees.   

Was the track better under Huggins or Chapman ?

It had different material back in Huggy's day afaik... 

1 hour ago, Trees said:

Yeah trying to get the meeting on to save the costs of both teams, costs for the fans and himself, often works... Do you remember Huggy doing the track? Getting rid of the berms so the track was at it's optimum after every race. You don't care about the track being good for the riders then?  Give them anything to race on is your motto? 

Quite often in recent history the better racing was when Buster hadn't touched the track. Then out comes the tractor, yes, making the track smooth but ends up killing the entertainment. 

9 hours ago, Trees said:

It had different material back in Huggy's day afaik... 

You are talking more recent times.  As you well know that has not always been the case.

10 hours ago, Trees said:

It took a while to get the speakers sorted on the 1st bend but they have been sorted now, I will ask about the Royal Box again, it annoyed me something chronic that I couldn't hear interviews.. 

Appreciate your response,    No doubt your involvement will now highlight the problem even more.   We'll wait and see how long it takes to remedy this problem...

Because of your unstinting belief in KLS  I believe you would make a brilliant Promotion Officer...

20 hours ago, Trees said:

On the first bend most the time we can hear Kevin but not who is talking to so maybe he needs to put the mike nearer to them, or let them hold it

12 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

The track i visited  in the 1980s which hosted  WTC rounds (ect) ( Lee took Penhall from the back in one round) was far superior to today's  track.

Mind you mate you could say that about most tracks then and now but yes loved Saddlebow 

3 hours ago, Rickyb said:

On the first bend most the time we can hear Kevin but not who is talking to so maybe he needs to put the mike nearer to them, or let them hold it

yep and same between bends 1/2.

Kev is always loud and clear but the interviewee, the interesting bit, forget it...

Two microphones with different volumes set maybe?

I'll pass all this onto the management, they 100% need to get it sorted.. 

2 hours ago, Trees said:

Thank you that would be good

3 hours ago, Trees said:

The reply will be interesting.