British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

10 hours ago, lynnboy said:

Just go down to Jordan fitness in KingsLynn this weekend and see who turns up for training then you will know who is in the team  lol

Your not into fitness now are you lynnboy.The only weights i remember you doing was lifting pints of beer,and fitness wise running away from the ladies down the reeperbahn in Hamburg who wanted money for favours:lol:

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Seems there a few more posters like me who question the shambolic way the fans of Lynn are treated.    If, as it seems  the case that the team is assembled and training together,   what benefits are gained by keeping the fans in the dark..  

Even more annoying disrespectful  is those connected to Lynn tweeting that they know the team but aren't telling. Seems fans are not only second class citizens in the promotions eyes.

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Even more annoying disrespectful  is those connected to Lynn tweeting that they know the team but aren't telling. Seems fans are not only second class citizens in the promotions eyes.

You do have to respect confidences or requests to not disclose though

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

You do have to respect confidences or requests to not disclose though

Fully understand that, as I've had to do that many times in the past.

You shouldn't go on social media and say you know something paying fans don't.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Trees said:

Yes of course the signings are announced on all media outlets. Radio Norfolk even rang me up about them today 'blimmin heck'!! 

Yea Radio Norfolk listeners just about sums up the average age of those who attended Tatum and Pearson’s get together going by the photos on social media , and that’s one of Speedway’s major problems an ever ageing supporters fan base not being replaced with the next generation. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Haza said:

Yea Radio Norfolk listeners just about sums up the average age of those who attended Tatum and Pearson’s get together going by the photos on social media , and that’s one of Speedway’s major problems an ever ageing supporters fan base not being replaced with the next generation. 

You haven't heard the kids who ring in following the football... I best add KLFM, all the local newspapers, twitter, Facebook and Instagram.... come on Haza, I know what you're gonna say now, only over 50s read newspapers! You can't say the same about Instagram :D

4 hours ago, Trees said:

You haven't heard the kids who ring in following the football... I best add KLFM, all the local newspapers, twitter, Facebook and Instagram.... come on Haza, I know what you're gonna say now, only over 50s read newspapers! You can't say the same about Instagram :D

KLFM :rofl: no sane under 40 listens to that cack. Radio Norfolk is the only place for Norwich fans to vent, apart from the football it's then just the blue rinse brigade listening. 

Twitter = 4055 followers, lucky to have a 3rd of that turn up on race night. Also down just under 2000 followers from 2016.

Instagram = 603 followers, abysmal for a professional sports club.

So, clearly the current media stance of drip feeding is delivering F-all except frustration and turning off the supporters. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

KLFM :rofl: no sane under 40 listens to that cack. Radio Norfolk is the only place for Norwich fans to vent, apart from the football it's then just the blue rinse brigade listening. 

Twitter = 4055 followers, lucky to have a 3rd of that turn up on race night. Also down just under 2000 followers from 2016.

Instagram = 603 followers, abysmal for a professional sports club.

So, clearly the current media stance of drip feeding is delivering F-all except frustration and turning off the supporters. 

Don't tell me you listen to Radio 1?

49 minutes ago, Trees said:

Don't tell me you listen to Radio 1?

Yep, & Capital, Kiss, Kerrang.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Trees said:

Doesn’t change the photos from the other night though -though any media has to be good but it will get to the point were more people will pay OAP concession (if there is one now ?) than pay adult admission price that day isn’t far away . 

14 hours ago, Trees said:

All those media outlets and the fans are told nothing.    That just illustrates the shear incompetence of the Promotions  of Lynn Speedway.... 

Back in time,  before we had all these media outlets,  we knew far more news then  we do now...          and that takes a bit of believing... 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, g13webb said:

All those media outlets and the fans are told nothing.    That just illustrates the shear incompetence of the Promotions  of Lynn Speedway.... 

Back in time,  before we had all these media outlets,  we knew far more news then  we do now...          and that takes a bit of believing... 

Absolutely spot on - we got more information back in the day when all we had was the local press and the Speedway Star - a lot of people blamed Marc Gent when he was in charge of press release and social media for lack of information and I was one of them but clearly it wasn’t his fault - I’ve never known any business to take its customers for granted in this way and it’s a very dangerous game to play in my view . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Haza said:

Absolutely spot on - we got more information back in the day when all we had was the local press and the Speedway Star - a lot of people blamed Marc Gent when he was in charge of press release and social media for lack of information and I was one of them but clearly it wasn’t his fault - I’ve never known any business to take its customers for granted in this way and it’s a very dangerous game to play in my view . 

My club Ipswich has gone from being one of the first to announce the team in one go in November to being the last to sort the team. 

Social media interaction was very good previously and that’s changed for the worse. 

Its 2019 not 1978. People can access information instantly and expect to so why drag out announcements on riders. I could accept one per day for a week but this is crazy. You are alienating your regular customers for what ??

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

54 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

My club Ipswich has gone from being one of the first to announce the team in one go in November to being the last to sort the team. 

Social media interaction was very good previously and that’s changed for the worse. 

Its 2019 not 1978. People can access information instantly and expect to so why drag out announcements on riders. I could accept one per day for a week but this is crazy. You are alienating your regular customers for what ??

Spot on. It really is bizarre and all they’re doing is pi$$ing off the dwindling support they still have left. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Spot on. It really is bizarre and all they’re doing is pi$$ing off the dwindling support they still have left. 

quite agree I remember a few years ago when lakeside announced all there riders on a video all in one go I thought that was very affective .