British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

Well if Kings Lynn management like drip feeding why not offer it back to them? Send them an email telling them you will attend this season's matches but only if you can drip feed paying for admission. Lets say an offer to pay £5.00 on the day of the match and a further £ 3.00 each day after until paid in full. If they like drip feeding so much they should love this offer.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ray c said:

quite agree I remember a few years ago when lakeside announced all there riders on a video all in one go I thought that was very affective .

BETTER, in my opinion, to have three bites of the cherry and announce them one by one.

3 hours ago, g13webb said:

All those media outlets and the fans are told nothing.    That just illustrates the shear incompetence of the Promotions  of Lynn Speedway.... 

Back in time,  before we had all these media outlets,  we knew far more news then  we do now...          and that takes a bit of believing... 

What exactly do you mean by "the fans are told nothing"? 

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Trees said:

What exactly do you mean by "the fans are told nothing"? 

Pretty obvious really.

Four rider places left, four names not told to fans. Basically that's all fans want to know in the close season.

Don't say fans are told about fitness training cos be honest who the hell cares that they are training in a gym, unless you follow gymnastics.

just my opinion

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

BETTER, in my opinion, to have three bites of the cherry and announce them one by one.

But leave a cherry too long and it goes mouldy. By the 3rd bite the taste isnt that attractive

I can understand every few days over a period of time or even week by week til around Christmas

Once a month from November and less than half the team announced by February though doesnt do it for me

• Like 9

At the end of the day the club can’t control who listens to Radio Norfolk and KLFM or reads the EDP and Lynn News but they have to cover those angles. However they could and probably should be doing more to increase followers on social media, that is where young supporters ie future punters will come from in all likliehood. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

At the end of the day the club can’t control who listens to Radio Norfolk and KLFM or reads the EDP and Lynn News but they have to cover those angles. However they could and probably should be doing more to increase followers on social media, that is where young supporters ie future punters will come from in all likliehood. 

Social media is definitely were the next generation of fans will come from - speedway sadly is stuck in the 1970s 

2 hours ago, ray c said:

quite agree I remember a few years ago when lakeside announced all there riders on a video all in one go I thought that was very affective .

It didn't effect their dwindling support unfortunately though.It's not the social media,twitter etc that affect the support imo as Lakeside would still be here now.There is just so much else to do nowadays.There was no social media etc back in the 60s,70s,80s the attendances were better imo as there just wasn't anything else to do.

Remember dad saying you can stay at nan and grandad's tonight or go to the speedway,speedway won every time.Now it would be do you want to go to the speedway or spend the next few hours on playstation,xbox watch whatever you want on tv.And thats just staying in doors.

7 minutes ago, tellboy said:

It didn't effect their dwindling support unfortunately though.It's not the social media,twitter etc that affect the support imo as Lakeside would still be here now.There is just so much else to do nowadays.There was no social media etc back in the 60s,70s,80s the attendances were better imo as there just wasn't anything else to do.

Remember dad saying you can stay at nan and grandad's tonight or go to the speedway,speedway won every time.Now it would be do you want to go to the speedway or spend the next few hours on playstation,xbox watch whatever you want on tv.And thats just staying in doors.

I'd suggest lazy parenting also comes into it.

Far more parents these days instead of engaging with their kids and taking them to places like speedway, just let them sit on their consoles/phones etc and do their own thing binge watching Netflix.

• Like 5

I very much doubt there is a next generation of speedway fans. I still go to meetings ,but most of them are boring. Speedway isn't what it was, no atmosphere ,no characters the the crowd love to hate. 

• Like 1

The whole secret philosophy is so offensive to their supporters integrity.  To Pi55  someone off, who has supported them for 50odd years takes some doing,  but they seem to make a habit of it.   As far as I'm concerned,  the main reason the fans don't go any more is in respect in the way they are treated.. 

They say you reap what you sow...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Genuine question GRW, and I say this without agenda or taking sides particularly other than being interested in everyone’s viewpoint, why are you so keen to know information which in theory doesn’t really need to be confirmed for a few weeks yet and isn’t really a secret anyway as it can be worked out through the process of elimination? Why do you think we should know three months before the season starts rather than being drip fed to keep the club in the news?

Genuinely interested and not saying you are right or wrong or having a go. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Genuine question GRW, and I say this without agenda or taking sides particularly other than being interested in everyone’s viewpoint, why are you so keen to know information which in theory doesn’t really need to be confirmed for a few weeks yet and isn’t really a secret anyway as it can be worked out through the process of elimination? Why do you think we should know three months before the season starts rather than being drip fed to keep the club in the news?

Good question . If I ask anything like that I get shot down .

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

If the team can be worked out through the process of elimination the point of drip feeding fans for the local radio stations and papers is more or less pointless as the team is already known , so the excuse it’s for media exposure is pointless- for me the best way is do it in one hit get radio tv press along with those who sponsors the club and riders - and do a live stream via social media. 

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

I'd suggest lazy parenting also comes into it.

Far more parents these days instead of engaging with their kids and taking them to places like speedway, just let them sit on their consoles/phones etc and do their own thing binge watching Netflix.

Quite agree. That's what I'm trying to say is that the use of social media by the clubs don't impact on the crowds. Lucky I started taking my daughter to speedway from a young age, and she still loves it now. She's 20 now so can now take me.