British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

1 minute ago, g13webb said:

Now,  even with all the modern technology we are told nothing...    

Nothing to do with modern technology or it's "mastery" of it. Much more about "I know best and "I'm in charge". The second part of that is the truth. You have to make your own mind up about the first part.

So the much-maligned KL publicity machine manages to get the MPT announcement in the sports pages of today's top selling national tabloid!!  Good job.;)

42 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So the much-maligned KL publicity machine manages to get the MPT announcement in the sports pages of today's top selling national tabloid!!  Good job.;)

Fine but exactly how many people who read it nationwide will make a trip to the Lynn terraces?

Not enough to counteract the  number of Lynn fans they have alienated who won't be there:P

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Bert said:

Amazing !.......Speedballs suggestion sounds great however let me get this right,  he is suggesting at week 15 we announce the last two team members, week 15 is as far as I can see is mid to late February, which has not happened yet, with four riders already announced it is likely that by the end of February we will know the full 1 to 7, more or less in line with Speedballs timescale, this is exactly what KL is being continually critisised for, but is now being praised........by the same people !

Yes I’ve criticised how the club has announced the team this winter - but in Speedball case it’s a definite plan in the clubs case to me it’s been a muddle along make up as we go along  winter . take yesterday new team sponsor and Toft announcement the same day if it was to max out media coverage why announce both the same day ? It’s whats been said by Trees for one max out media coverage so two bits of news on the same day bet Poltec not too pleased . 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Not by me it isn't. No team should go into February without the full 1-7 known.

It's a nonsense situation 

totally agree its ridiculous  that we haven't announced it yet! shambles from the management team if i'm being honest 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Just a shame that hardly anyone reads them anymore :D

22 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

When it is about the "invisible" UK sport of speedway racing, the readers would not know it from the KL tiddlywinks team or carpet bowls. Michael who? Where does he play and in what position, the vast majority were likely to have commented.

23 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Bournemouth echo??:wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

When it is about the "invisible" UK sport of speedway racing, the readers would not know it from the KL tiddlywinks team or carpet bowls. Michael who? Where does he play and in what position, the vast majority were likely to have commented.

They know his name now though and may look for it in the results.... 

4 minutes ago, Trees said:

Isn't this media exposure idea to get people to a track rather than just looking for someone's name in the results??

I assume it's The Star or Mirror who regularly have a Speedway peice at least once a week, so not really working for the sport is it :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, Trees said:

do they still print results in newspapers?

From memory they only named the top scorers and with all due respect to him, I doubt he will be amongst them

53 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

do they still print results in newspapers?

From memory they only named the top scorers and with all due respect to him, I doubt he will be amongst them

Not being funny who still has a daily news paper or even local paper ? they are all full of yesterdays news - if the sport is trying to attract the next generation of fans news papers certainly isn’t the place that will get them along to the tracks , all publicity is good don’t get me wrong but it’s 2019 not 1970s .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trees said:

Do you really think a none speedway fan is the slightest bit interested? 

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 12:52 PM, Haza said:

I think Speedballs plan would work if all the other teams in the top flight announced their riders at the same time, so all teams announced 1 rider at exactly the same time as each other. As it stands the way this off season is going we probably know the rest of the riders for the Stars from who's been signed for other teams so far, with the uncertainty of will Niels be in the team or not.

Yes I’ve criticised how the club has announced the team this winter - but in Speedball case it’s a definite plan in the clubs case to me it’s been a muddle along make up as we go along  winter . take yesterday new team sponsor and Toft announcement the same day if it was to max out media coverage why announce both the same day ? It’s whats been said by Trees for one max out media coverage so two bits of news on the same day bet Poltec not too pleased . 

I think the stars will make the play offs next season.

I know there’s plenty of people who’ll disagree - I’ll happily wager £50 with anyone who disagrees, losers money to the Ben fund - I’ll happily put my money where my mouth is ...... of course if it works both ways ......

Edited by AlexBrady
  • Haha 1