British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

1 hour ago, Trees said:

Guests don't always help their rival's cause!! 

That's very true..

But sadly the very fact that they could help their rival's cause is a huge detriment to the Sports desire to ever being taken seriously as a "proper sport' by the wider mainstream media..

Still, as RG says, they are needed...:blink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trees said:

Guests don't always help their rival's cause!! 

Might do though when one man effectively controls 3 of the 7 clubs 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Haza said:

Might do though when one man effectively controls 3 of the 7 clubs 

Not sure about that Haza. Would of agreed, but looking at Lynn and the Panthers line up's it don't seem like Buster is favouring his beloved Lynn this season. So who knows.

3 hours ago, mikebv said:

Why would anyone who supports another club in the Premiership bet against you?

I as a BV fan could agree to your £50 wager then watch (completely broken), as 'my' riders, several times during the season help your team qualify for the Play Offs (at their own teams' expense), by guesting for you...:D

You’re right Mike - and your first paragraph hits the nail on the head - it was aimed at some of the Kings Lynn ‘fans’.

The purpose of my proposed bet was to see if any of these people who are adamant that Kings Lynn will collect the wooden spoon (or to be battling with Ipswich to avoid this) would be brave enough to ‘put their money where their mouth is’ and, unsurprisingly in my view, nobody has taken up the opportunity.

The bet was simple - Kings Lynn succeed and these people would £50 to the BEN fund - a price worth paying. If they don’t succeed, I would pay £50 to the BEN fund and all these negative people ‘win’ as they could take great pleasure in saying ‘I told you so’ along with Speedway benefitting from the great work the BEN fund do.

Ultimately, it was the long winded way to get to the point that, no matter what is offered, you will never please everybody. I said a few months ago, people would moan if we signed Woffinden, Zmarzlik & Dudek, and I stick by that.

Drop the negative attitude, get behind the sport and the team, and lets actually look forward to the 2019 season, I for one can’t wait - if the predictions are right for the remaining team spots, it will be a team of triers and a team I think the fans can connect with. 

Putting my tin hat firmly on now . . .

• Like 6

I know Lynn's team is not out there, but know what it will be.

Lynn usually only make changes when injuries happen and it worked out in 18. But if there where no injuries I guess no changes would of been made...And Lynn would have fallen by the way side.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

In todays S/S,  It appears TJ has also signed for the club.  No doubt we will hear that officially when the promotions think the fans ought to know...    It was said it was sorted a long time back.....   :wink:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, g13webb said:

In todays S/S,  It appears TJ has also signed for the club.  No doubt we will hear that officially when the promotions think the fans ought to know...    It was said it was sorted a long time back.....   :wink:

Maybe you will find out your full team on press day madness.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

I just don’t get why announce it in the speedway star again it’s opertunity missed in my opinion. 

Apologies if I've missed this, but any truth in the rumour that Buster's home had a fire whilst he was away?!

As for the TJ story in the Star this week - it was primarily about the help he received from the club during 2018. It stated he was 'still hopeful' of a team place.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Apologies if I've missed this, but any truth in the rumour that Buster's home had a fire whilst he was away?!

As for the TJ story in the Star this week - it was primarily about the help he received from the club during 2018. It stated he was 'still hopeful' of a team place.

Negative 'fake news' from Mr Webb then....

At least he is consistent :P

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

The whole package was about how the Lynn set up has helped him through a bad time....,   He also says how they has worked harder on his fitness and the benefit he has gained by the 'great people behind US has been awesome'.  

In conclusion, it says  'Jorgensen is yet to be named in the 2019 side,  but it would be a major surprise if he isn't in their plans'...

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Negative 'fake news' from Mr Webb then....

At least he is consistent :P

So it was not fake news,    and I trust in future you keep your tainted comments to yourself....

• Haha 2

We now have been told that we have seven super fit riders, following their training camp and that they will be having on track opportunities before the April 8th opener. But we do not know who they are. A terrific publicity machine in action. Our enthusiasm will know no bounds when finally they are all revealed! 

• Like 2

Bored of the argument about revealing names (we know who the other three are anyway) but really good to hear that the fitness programme has been improved and that the riders are all hitting targets.... I’ve no doubt whatsoever that this contributed significantly to us punching so far above our predicted weight last season and hopefully it will again. 

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Bored of the argument about revealing names (we know who the other three are anyway) but really good to hear that the fitness programme has been improved and that the riders are all hitting targets.... I’ve no doubt whatsoever that this contributed significantly to us punching so far above our predicted weight last season and hopefully it will again. 

I don't, who are they then? ;)

Yes please, IF you do know them all for certain, why not let us all know?  Or does Buster have a gagging clause on some of his supporters?