British Speedway Forum

If the leagues are reduced to Premiership and National, how would the riders who rely on doubling up manage. True the racing would be more competitive for us punters (as GP riders, for example, would not be winning by half a lap in a lower division) but all the same they would need to find some way of replacing their reduced earnings. This assumes, of course, that the National League remains as a development facility.

Lots of rumours flying around as usual at this time of year. I would like to see the National League expanded, but it looks doubtful

Does anyone know when their AGM is ?   We should all write to our respective promoters and press them to decide on a higher

average for 2019. I like to see standards rising, not falling and if that was allowed to happen, when the youngsters make the move

upwards, they would not find it so tough.

any confirmations or rumours on Teams that will make it to the line ?

For sure were there in 2019 =

Maybe , it all depends =

Nope , had enough =

Were dropping down to NL =

Were going up to ? League =

Heres hoping theres no closures etc n  2019 is a great year :-) 

Brummies will remain in the NL im 99% sure of this .

Flint                8.6

Embelton       3.0

Hume              8.1

clegg              7.38

Davey            8.61

Thompson     3.00

Thompson     3.00 

Thats if points limit is at 42 which it should be 

• Like 1

Flint Hume Clegg and Davey all in the same team is too strong for the NL IMO

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Flint Hume Clegg and Davey all in the same team is too strong for the NL IMO

not as strong as flint hume bacon and shanes which is what we had this season ..

4 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

not as strong as flint hume bacon and shanes which is what we had this season ..

Only because Flint is such a talent and improved his average dramatically

On starting figures not as strong

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Flint                8.6

Embelton       3.0

Hume              8.1

clegg              7.38

Davey            8.61

Thompson     3.00

Thompson     3.00 

If the averages are taken at the finish of the season (end of October) then i would think Clegg would have put another point on his average.

I am not really sure just starting a bit of speculation/conversation.

The One thing i do find every year there isnt a lot of value between 4.5 - 6.5 which makes team building difficult  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Flint                8.6

Embelton       3.0

Hume              8.1

clegg              7.38

Davey            8.61

Thompson     3.00

Thompson     3.00 

All dependant on the 3 pointers and Brum got burnt that way this season, add in Embleton didn't work out that well at Brum and the Thompsons likely elsewhere. Heatleaders will put a point on each and most likely miss plenty doubling up.

If there is any kind of NL racing at Leicester the Thompson twins are highly likely to be there.

• Like 2

My ideal 2019 NL season will NOT feature Birmingham.

And to that end, I believe they are on the verge of applying for a Championship place next year.

In reality, the whole thing is such a mish-mash though. Glasgow were rumoured to be going into the first division (whatever that gets called next year) but then they release a 12 months notice to cease trading if finances don't improve. There are half a dozen other teams up for sale or on the brink of extinction, so who knows what 2019 holds in store, or how many leagues there will be, or who is in which league, let alone which riders will be riding for whom...

...meanwhile in Poland where everyone knows which teams are in which division, and who is riding where, and where the fixtures are only a couple of weeks away from being published, life goes on as normal, the PR machines are working away, riders are spending the closed-season meeting people, pressing the flesh, kissing babies etc. Might as well all be on another planet, so stark are the differences in approach. Pesky Poles, eh? Who do they think thay are?  We British know best.  Nothing to learn from them, eh? 

• Like 2