British Speedway Forum

My take will be Brum and Eastbourne going up replacing Lakeside and Berwick and Leicester gong championship as well we shall see what occurs

So there we have it.

Somerset and Leicester drop out of Premiership down to Championship

Ipswich and Peterborough move up from Championship to Premiership

Birmingham and Kent move up from NL to Championship

I think the other team is Eastbourne rather than Kent.

I would totally welcome a move up to the championship, the past four seasons in the NL have been enjoyable but its important the club continues to move forward after what happened in 2014. The new managment have been fantastic, Lee Kilby has done a great job as commercial manager and despite a very frustrating season on track for the Brummies in 2018, off track has been positive. Fingers crossed we get it confirmed soon.

44 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

So there we have it.

Somerset and Leicester drop out of Premiership down to Championship

Ipswich and Peterborough move up from Championship to Premiership

Birmingham and Kent move up from NL to Championship

And who's bank-rolling Peterborough in 2019 then? Have new buyers been found?

27 minutes ago, Brummie Kev said:

I think the other team is Eastbourne rather than Kent.

Eastbourne weren't interested in moving up.  Too comfortable where they are, and didn't fancy the long travel  to the Scottish and far north Championship tracks.

Kent will face some mileage though.   And not many northern teams will enjoy their 2019 trips across the Dartford crossing.

With Leicester now riding in the championship on a Saturday night will they run an NL side? Not so sure running a Saturday and Sunday side will work? Cant see them running NL in the week either.

• Sad 1

Seems unlikely there will be a Leicester or Coventry in the NL with the main team moving to Saturdays. Can see Plymouth being the other side to move up along with Brum as i can't see Eastbournes crowd numbers being enough, Kent have switched to sat nights and are likely to take a chunk of lakeside/Rye House support anyway to make up for those who won't attend as much. 

Would be nice if a team (maybe Cov) could get into Peterborough at the weekends now they have been vacated ? 

Just my opinion, but to set an example for the future, I don't think that a team that didn't complete their league fixtures in 2018 should be allowed to profit by being elevated into the Championship for 2019.

Nothing that has come out of Kent since the end of the season points to them going up. The crowd levels are very healthy in the NL & they are one of the few teams to make a profit so why change, for me it has to be Brum & Eastie going up.

2 hours ago, flipper11 said:

Nothing that has come out of Kent since the end of the season points to them going up. The crowd levels are very healthy in the NL & they are one of the few teams to make a profit so why change, for me it has to be Brum & Eastie going up.

It certainly looks that way.