British Speedway Forum

6 hours ago, Jayne said:

It has been suggested at previous AGM's but doesn't get off the ground due to 'health and safety'.

Explain the excuse of Health and Safety? Surely tracks shoud be prepared to accommodate worn tyres were that to be a real consideration. I feel the motors are too strong for many lads but no-one objects to that.

2 hours ago, Rebel1 said:

Explain the excuse of Health and Safety? Surely tracks shoud be prepared to accommodate worn tyres were that to be a real consideration. I feel the motors are too strong for many lads but no-one objects to that.

It was the reason given by MC as to why we couldn't make the NL a used tyre league. I guess that they thought it would open them up to legal action if someone got injured and were able to blame having to use a used tyre.  

1 hour ago, Jayne said:

It was the reason given by MC as to why we couldn't make the NL a used tyre league. I guess that they thought it would open them up to legal action if someone got injured and were able to blame having to use a used tyre.  

And yet riders are allowed to make their own choice of used tyres, so not really an H & S issue, more like "It was your decision, not our fault". And even worse, if a rider decides his used tyres are a bad idea, he's not allowed to switch to a new tyre.

Development League and amateur riders use worn tyres all the time.

3 hours ago, *JJ said:

Development League and amateur riders use worn tyres all the time.

But by their own choice, not forced too by the rules.

On 11/15/2018 at 4:55 PM, blueherb777 said:

Are Kent going to Saturday evenings?

And is this dependant on an extended curfew?

I would go if Kent showed some ambition and went up to the Championship,but I think it will be Brum and Eagles.

We don't want you at Kent!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, whistlegang said:

What sort of an attitude is that?

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, whistlegang said:

Ha ha ha.

Who do you think you are????

I do not care what you want.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, M.D said:

What sort of an attitude is that?

The kind of attitude that is ruining speedway and prevents newbies coming . Many would say that in fact its him or her thats not wanted with that attitude.

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

The kind of attitude that is ruining speedway and prevents newbies coming . Many would say that in fact its him or her thats not wanted with that attitude.

Well said.

I am afraid I have different views from Whistle and gets upset if everyone does not agree with their views.

Just because I want to see Kent go up a League and not just mess around in the NL after six years!

10 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

Ha ha ha.

Who do you think you are????

I do not care what you want.

All you have ever done is slag off our management (mainly Len). Is Kent now your only option for local speedway? 

1 hour ago, whistlegang said:

All you have ever done is slag off our management (mainly Len). Is Kent now your only option for local speedway? 

My view is when Club were formed they had go ahead people that left for their own reason/s.To me Club has just stood still despite great Stadium etc.

I have never really liked NL racing for various reasons and just would like the Club to move forward.NL next year could be just 6 or 7 Clubs???

Despite living in Kent I would not say Sittingbourne is local! Lakeside was probably nearer.

And anyway you do not want me to go,so I will have to stay at Home. :cheers:

Well, Blueherb777.  One thing you never hear from Kent is what we are hearing from all over the country at higher levels.  Tracks up for sale because they cannot make it pay.

Glasgow , with all the money at their disposal are now suggesting that 2019 will be their final year and the Kings Lynn promoter buying up all the tracks around him to keep

the top league afloat. I have never heard any comments from the Kent management which suggest they might want to move upwards, so by staying where they are, and

keeping the track alive, they are not going back on any promises.  Anyway, for me it's great and NL is best.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/15/2018 at 4:55 PM, blueherb777 said:

Are Kent going to Saturday evenings?

And is this dependant on an extended curfew?

I would go if Kent showed some ambition and went up to the Championship,but I think it will be Brum and Eagles.

Kent and Ambition are not two words generally associated with each other.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

?? wheres this please ? source or poster ?

“The Championship division next season will boast 12 teams including Leicester and Somerset, who have dropped down from the Premiership and will be joined by Eastbourne and Birmingham, who move up from the National League.”

That is a quote off the BSPA President Alex Harkess  

• Like 1