British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Kent Laurels

Was Ledwith as good as his score suggests? It wasn’t the strongest NL cability line-up but if wants to full-time place next year and came in on a 3.50 like Clifton, Purchase etc then it would be a shrewd move by the team but morally questionable. 

• Like 1

rob was my man of the meeting. the racing was pretty good and it was such an open field picking a likely winner at any stage wasn't easy. happy for Armstrong. crowd not at all bad. will have to check when I last saw Jon Armstrong ride against Robert Ledwith!

nb programme tells us that Kent have applied for planning permission to run on Saturdays with a curfew until 21:10. it's not stated whether this is regularly, occasionally or what.

Edited by Mike.Butler
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mike.Butler said:

rob was my man of the meeting. the racing was pretty good and it was such an open field picking a likely winner at any stage wasn't easy. happy for Armstrong. crowd not at all bad. will have to check when I last saw Jon Armstrong ride against Robert Ledwith!

nb programme tells us that Kent have applied for planning permission to run on Saturdays with a curfew until 21:10. it's not stated whether this is regularly, occasionally or what.

That is interesting ? Do they not run greyhounds on a Saturday night anymore ? Would have thought it was a very lucrative night for the dogs....

I believe Ledwith has been provisionally been offered a place and was competing on the machinery that Boxall briefly had so most likely Len supplied. From the reports i heard he looked very impressive and although i suspect he will get an assessed average even 3.5 - 4 sounds like a good recruit.

49 minutes ago, Eyejay said:

That is interesting ? Do they not run greyhounds on a Saturday night anymore ? Would have thought it was a very lucrative night for the dogs....

dogs are in a worse state than speedway . maybe an increased speedway crowd  would make better sense  on a saturday

Just checked the website and states Greyhounds every Friday & Sunday. Definitely frees up Saturday for regular speedway although what impact it would have on crowds i really don't know?

2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Just checked the website and states Greyhounds every Friday & Sunday. Definitely frees up Saturday for regular speedway although what impact it would have on crowds i really don't know?

Don't know, but running the same night as Eastbourne could have an effect on both ? Probably not huge but must be some fans who occasionally visit both.

• Like 1

Well i visit both, and if Kent are racing in a higher league next season, that's where I'll be going. You also have to add in the factor of Rye House running on saturdays as well. Not an ideal situation for fans in the south east.

27 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Well i visit both, and if Kent are racing in a higher league next season, that's where I'll be going. You also have to add in the factor of Rye House running on saturdays as well. Not an ideal situation for fans in the south east.

Imagine if the fixtures are as hap hazzard as this season expect you'll still be able to see all 3 for the majority of next season.:)

Edited by gazzac

37 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Imagine if the fixtures are as hap hazzard as this season expect you'll still be able to see all 3 for the majority of next season.:)

True.

I believed it was announced tonight he has signed for 2019. I didn't actually hear that but I 've heard it a dozen times since.

Standard wise his race winning times were comparable to heat 2 and heat 8 winning times.

Great result tonight, I think so many people were happy for Armo to win something at our place and his victory was cheered as if a home rider had won.

• Like 2

Sounds like he’s in the team then so that surely suggests that Kent are staying in the bottom tier in whatever guise it takes. 

All but confirmed National League last year, whilst he is the only rider who is officially signed, speaking to various lads 5 of our team seems set in stone. 6 if the planning application for Saturday racing next year is passed.

Edited by teaboy279
  • Like 1